Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Characters in Motor Sport

3 posters

:: Sports

Go down

Characters in Motor Sport Empty Characters in Motor Sport

Post by Swerve Sat May 07, 2011 7:42 am

I was surprised to read that Captain Peter Janson is still alive. All you really need to know about him is he was a dapper dude who happened to be a great racer, plus the following:

There are many tales about Peter Janson. Once, due to the regulations preventing any advertising on the plastic strip across the top of windscreens in Australia, the area being reserved for the driver's name, Peter changed his name by deed poll to NGK Spark Plugs. Another time at Oran Park in the 70's he took off when the 1 minute board was shown, apparently you could only get a maximum 1 minute penalty for a jumped start and Janson hoped to that he would benefit more than that.

What he hadn't counted on was being black flagged only to come into the pits to be apologetically told that it was a mistake and that it wasn't for him!

http://www.historicracing.com/index.cfm?FullText=3314

It's a shame personality is increasingly seen as a negative in sport.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Characters in Motor Sport Empty Re: Characters in Motor Sport

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun May 15, 2011 11:03 am

There will never be a better story than Ayrton Senna at Suzuka:

"All right, if tomorrow Prost beats me off the line, at the first corner, I will go for it and he better not turn in because he’s not going to make it.” And it just happened.

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun May 15, 2011 7:59 pm

But Prost did it to him the year before (on purpose; I don't care what anybody says), so that little d-bag had it coming.
Senna was the best. Prost just always had to settle for second best.
I'm even willing to venture that even Schumacher couldn't hope to be half of what either of those drivers were.
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down