Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Test Drive Unlimited 2

5 posters

Go down

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Empty Test Drive Unlimited 2

Post by Honor Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Anyone get it? Has 101 cars in it. I think I'll pick it up, the first one was pretty good.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Empty Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2

Post by dunnas Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:12 am

I've got it. The online/social portion of the game is broken like nothing i've ever seen before at this point in time though. I was playing the game while talking a group of people in a party but it took a lot of trying to eventually get us all in the same instance together, but then that didn't last very long and we weren't able to do any multiplayer races at all while we were together. Everything else from not having anyone show up on your in games friends list or friends on the map if you filter by friends is also completely screwy. They've also had to close down clubs altogether at the moment as there is an exploit with them that has allowed people to get to level 60 with hundreds of millions of dollars.

It was still cool just driving around exploring and doing the single player content but they'd better get their online shit sorted, and fast. Oh, and the shocking number of game freezes that have been known to corrupt game saves in some instances.
dunnas
dunnas
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:31 am

wow. serious bugs, too. hope they patch that soon. is it still pretty good as far as gameplay is concerned?
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Dunners, is that on Xbox??

I heard it needs a fairly awesome PC to run properly.

Am interested in it for the "drive anywhere and way the fuck I want" aspect.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:40 pm

Xbox. Dodge is really the only PCer here.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:38 am

Turbojett wrote:wow. serious bugs, too. hope they patch that soon. is it still pretty good as far as gameplay is concerned?
They're slowly working on fixes for different things server side so hopefully most problems will be ironed out within a few days. It seems some problems only relate to some people though. Last night we had 6 in a party chat and only 1 or 2 of them could actually see their friends on the map or listed in the in game friends list. The gameplay is pretty good, some of the guys I play with love it, but I think it will be the multiplayer stuff once the clubs are brought back online that will keep me playing it. The offroad racing is actually really good though, which you probably wouldn't expect in a game like this.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:41 am

Clockbreaker wrote:Xbox. Dodge is really the only PCer here.
Yep, xbox, although I do play some things on PC, like fallout and DC universe online.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:27 am

yaaay dunnas
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:43 am

is it just me or have they not really improved the graphics at all in the past nearly 5 years? the people look and sound pretty bad. probably some of the worst voice acting ive heard in a game in a while.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:01 pm

probably not their focus, considering games are hitting the ceiling on current gen consoles anyway
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:55 pm

is it not on PS3? lame.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:48 pm

It is on PS3. Unlame.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:50 pm

unlame it is.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:05 pm

Anyway, the clubs and stuff are still offline, and connecting to people can be hit and miss but we had a good run last night. 4 of us got together, and stayed together for once even if we ended up miles apart, headed to a freeway and went nuts for about 50-60km from one corner of the island to the other. One of us was driving a Pink Zonda :Swerve:, I was in a Black F430 Scuderia Spider that was actually keeping up with the Zonda quite well (when not crashing), another in a Viper SRT10 and one poor bastard that happeded to only be in a SLK 55 when we started the madness. It was great stuff. Hopefully once the clubs come online again (which is looking like being in about 24-48 hours probably) hooking up for that sort of thing will be even easier.

I have a new weapon for next time, a Koenigsegg CCXR that cost me $2.1M shortly before I went to bed last night. ^_^
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:48 pm

With the clothing and hair style options in this game is pretty tough to not make your guy look queer. :curses:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:57 pm

Clockbreaker wrote:With the clothing and hair style options in this game is pretty tough to not make your guy look queer. :curses:
at least he doesn't look like a retarded monkey like the first one.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:15 am

Don't buy the Koenigsegg. It sucks compared to the Veyrons. :Swerve:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:10 am

please tell me the Veyron turns.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:33 am

It does indeed
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:04 pm

Sweet, I'll get it soon. I'll just have to wait until every cent I get isn't spoken for before I get it.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:31 pm

Holy shit, I just bought the ariel atom. Its like a street legal f1 car. Now all my other cars feellike corollas by comparison.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Im disappointed in the limit of the customization you can do to your cars. No aftermarket wheels and only basic paint and decal options. Not to mention only being able to do mild engine and suspension modifications. You can modify your avatar more than you can modify your car. This is a racing game not the Sims.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Look at midnight club la. Not only did it come out like 2 years ago but it has better graphics and much more car customization than tdu 2. And while the map isn't as big, its still not small.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:16 pm

Cops are pretty pointless in this game. You can fly by one at 150+mph and they don't even bat an eye.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:05 pm

really? In the last one, they got on your ass on sight if you stopped at a stop sign, and then you could only lose them after half an hour of off roading
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:09 am

Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:24 am

Turbojett wrote:really? In the last one, they got on your ass on sight if you stopped at a stop sign, and then you could only lose them after half an hour of off roading
the only time ive gotten them to notice me is if i crash into them. even then, you have to hit them 3 or 4 consecutive times before the "traffic infraction" meter fills up and they start pursuing you. so it's pretty much like there's no cops at all in this game.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:25 pm

well that's no fun.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down