Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

911 Turbo

3 posters

Go down

911 Turbo Empty 911 Turbo

Post by Swerve Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:07 am

I just read the C&D comparison from last year between the cars you can see in the link name.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/10q3/v12_vantage_vs._r8_v10_458_italia_sls_amg_911_turbo_s-comparison_tests

I thought the 458's performance stats were as good as anything short of the Veyron, but the 911 Turbo is incredible. 2.7 to 60mph! That kind of acceleration could be a life saver. You could be stopped at an intersection, take off when the light goes green and be on the other side by the time an idiot failing to beat the red reaches the middle...

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

911 Turbo Empty Re: 911 Turbo

Post by Turbojett Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:42 pm

Yeah, Motor Trend has taken to calling the Turbo the "Baby Veyron", because its acceleration like two tenths off of the Bug's and its got the same AWD composure. But now that I know how the Veyron handles (or doesn't, as the case may be), I'd much rather the 997.2 Turbo.
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbofrog Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:46 pm

That's pretty ludicrous. I wonder how it'll compare to the 2012 GT-R since it's getting a bump in power. The GT-R is already faster on the track, which is pretty crazy.

Turbofrog
mis'-e-ry (n.) 1. wretchedness of condition or circumstances. 2. Me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:16 am

It's funny that the Veyron is a chronic understeerer in Forza and GT. I watched the old Fifth Gear where Tiff loves the Veyron chassis and drifts it through a few corners.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Jeez, why couldn't they have made it handle like that? In Shift it handles like a racecar, and drifts around corners almost effortlessly... and it's an arcade.
Then again in GT, even the Dodge Vipers understeer horribly, and they just absolutely don't do that in real life. If you brake late, the rear end still comes unglued. you may still slide out, but I guarantee you'll be going arse-first.
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down