Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Jeep Compass and Patriot

3 posters

Go down

2011 Jeep Compass and Patriot Empty 2011 Jeep Compass and Patriot

Post by SBF Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:40 pm

Chrysler is going all out here with getting their shit together. I am really impressed with what they are doing.

They did a major rhinoplasty to the Jeep Compass. It now looks like a baby Grand Cherokee and wow, what an improvement. They really did a good job with interior materials and by the way it sounds there is a lot more soft touch materials than the Chinese hard plastic that was in it before. The only downfall is the 172 hp 2.4L engine that still plagues these things. Hopefully Chrysler will get the Fiat MultiAir engine to replace them soon.

2011 Jeep Compass and Patriot 2011-Jeep-Compass-01

2011 Jeep Compass and Patriot 2011-Jeep-Compass-Interior

The Patriot has gotten a minor face lift. I still like it. I wish they would make the lifted version from the factory like the concept they had running around a while back.

2011 Jeep Compass and Patriot 2011_jeep_patriot_images_main
2011 Jeep Compass and Patriot 2011-Jeep-Patriot-Interior-View

I have always like the Patriot and the Compass is now a looker. They are rather capable soft-roaders for the class that they are in. I have read some posts from other forums from people who own Patriots and have taken them through a considerable amount of mud and trails. I know they aren't a true Jeep, but they are capable of having the name.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

2011 Jeep Compass and Patriot Empty Re: 2011 Jeep Compass and Patriot

Post by Swerve Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:16 pm

The Compass looks good. Like a smaller version of the WJ.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:13 pm

SBF wrote:Chrysler is going all out here with getting their shit together. I am really impressed with what they are doing.

They did a major rhinoplasty to the Jeep Compass. It now looks like a baby Grand Cherokee and wow, what an improvement. They really did a good job with interior materials and by the way it sounds there is a lot more soft touch materials than the Chinese hard plastic that was in it before. The only downfall is the 172 hp 2.4L engine that still plagues these things. Hopefully Chrysler will get the Fiat MultiAir engine to replace them soon.

2011 Jeep Compass and Patriot 2011-Jeep-Compass-01

2011 Jeep Compass and Patriot 2011-Jeep-Compass-Interior

The Patriot has gotten a minor face lift. I still like it. I wish they would make the lifted version from the factory like the concept they had running around a while back.

2011 Jeep Compass and Patriot 2011_jeep_patriot_images_main
2011 Jeep Compass and Patriot 2011-Jeep-Patriot-Interior-View

I have always like the Patriot and the Compass is now a looker. They are rather capable soft-roaders for the class that they are in. I have read some posts from other forums from people who own Patriots and have taken them through a considerable amount of mud and trails. I know they aren't a true Jeep, but they are capable of having the name.

They're good... maybe too good. Those interiors are impressive. And don't even get me started about the Grand Cherokee's interior... I wonder if these particular models are profitable?
The_Edge
The_Edge
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Well as much as people complain about them, they are all over the place here in Illinois. Both models sell well here. The general public like vehicles like the CUVs. They're not a gas guzzling SUV, but are not a small compact car, they can also get good gas mileage. With the 4WD models, they can get 29 hwy/ 22 city, which actually could be better, but isn't horrible.

The other thing I really enjoy is that they are both available as a 5-speed manual too.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down