Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why not? After all the car is "free"

+4
Pennzoil GT-R
Turbojett
Swerve
Bluntman
8 posters

Go down

Why not? After all the car is "free" Empty Why not? After all the car is "free"

Post by Bluntman Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Bluntman
Bluntman
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Why not? After all the car is "free" Empty Re: Why not? After all the car is "free"

Post by Swerve Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:53 pm

[quote[
So who's buying this thing? Strand told the Daily Mail that they have "interest from all over the world, specifically the Middle East.[/quote]

I notice the original article doesn't include that clumsy sentence.

The other thing it mentions is that those are all artist impressions of the car. It looks awesome, but they can't possibly be planning to do all the tests required for it to be road registrable.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Why not? After all the car is "free" Empty Re: Why not? After all the car is "free"

Post by Turbojett Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:37 pm

The car is ugly. I hope it handles like crap.
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:53 pm

why anyone would spend $24 million on a 120' boat is beyond me. You take that kind of money to somewhere like Benetti instead of an unheard of startup.

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:32 pm

because they have God knows how many times that much more in the bank, $24M is a drop in the bucket to them, and they don't give half a shit how it gets spent..
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:38 am

Turbojett wrote:because they have God knows how many times that much more in the bank, $24M is a drop in the bucket to them, and they don't give half a shit how it gets spent..

Actually, I'm down to my last $24M and feel like going out with a bang. Either by iceberg or poorly constructed wishbone failure.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:52 am

MacPherson Strut fail :woods:
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbofrog Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:22 am

The secret is they have no seed capital whatsoever and are using that $24M to finance all the R&D for both the car and the yacht.

Turbofrog
mis'-e-ry (n.) 1. wretchedness of condition or circumstances. 2. Me.

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:31 am

This is a shady operation, they photoshopped their boat on top of a wallypower 118.

https://i.imgur.com/k2A4Q.jpg
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:54 am

haha fucking caught
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:49 pm

Turbofrog wrote:The secret is they have no seed capital whatsoever and are using that $24M to finance all the R&D for both the car and the yacht.
...which just screams "racket"
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by zdc_LarryRX Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:06 pm

VS wrote:This is a shady operation, they photoshopped their boat on top of a wallypower 118.

https://i.imgur.com/k2A4Q.jpg

I love how the boat on the left has a reflection of the waves and the one on the right doesn't :roflmao:
zdc_LarryRX
zdc_LarryRX
My mind is littered with anguish, much like the board is littered with my posts.
My mind is littered with anguish, much like the board is littered with my posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:48 pm

I think the wallypower is a cooler boat, despite the woeful piano-playing nomenclature.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:05 am

That's funny. I was trying to explain this boat to someone and described it as a huge boat in the Wallypower style. Of course, I described it as the boat from The Island, as I can't remember the names of any boats ever.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down