Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GHEY

+3
JaysonAych
Dodge
SBF
7 posters

Go down

GHEY Empty GHEY

Post by SBF Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:10 pm

SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

GHEY Empty Re: GHEY

Post by Dodge Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:14 pm

not surprising, the current ceo is so afraid of taking chances on sports cars...just look at their massively lackluster motorsports participation, especially in the states. Which is a shame, because we know they have the potential
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:08 am

It's sad that there's more of a business case for the Juke than a new 240SX. OMG CUVs! :grrr:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:10 pm

this is retarded. the automotive industry needs a Tabasco enema.
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:34 pm

IMO, too much Renault styling influence in Nissan products nowadays. 370Z and the Maxima are about the only Nissans I have any care to be impressed with.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:14 pm

I really think that Nissan needs to get back into the motorsport world with something other than the Z. The Sentra is a piece of shit, I don't think anyone even autocrosses new ones. The Maxima's manual transmission went the way of the Dodo bird (I'm just throwing that out there, it's too big for motorsport competition). The Altima is descent, but wrong wheel drive. Anything past that, is just a city car or CUV.

They need to really build a FR layout car that's not a G37 or Z car. A 240sx coupe would be the right way to go to boost some sales. Either a flaccid 4 banger or turbo 4 with a manual or DSG style auto would be spectacular. And it needs to start under $25k. Nissan has to stop letting Renault tell them how to design and build stuff.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by spaced cowboy Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:41 pm

Well, it's confirmed for me. I will be aiming for a baby-FT-86 when that arrives (not the actual FT-86, as that increasingly sounds like it will suck). I want a cheap RWD coupe that handles well. I don't need tons of power, but I need RWD, a real roof and a back seat. A Miata only has 1 of 3...
spaced cowboy
spaced cowboy
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:50 pm

I'd get an actual FT-86. I'm by no means a Toyota fan, but I think I've taken a liking to it. besides, if it's going to have a normally aspirated H4, i don't see how much lower you can go unless it's going to end up being a kei car.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by spaced cowboy Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:28 am

Turbojett wrote:I'd get an actual FT-86. I'm by no means a Toyota fan, but I think I've taken a liking to it. besides, if it's going to have a normally aspirated H4, i don't see how much lower you can go unless it's going to end up being a kei car.
Well the baby-FT-86 promises to be based on this thing:

http://gazoo.com/racing/english/grmn/carlist/cardetail_frhh.asp

So, a 105hp, RWD Yaris would appear to be as low as Toyota can go...
spaced cowboy
spaced cowboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:55 am

Turbojett wrote:I'd get an actual FT-86. I'm by no means a Toyota fan, but I think I've taken a liking to it. besides, if it's going to have a normally aspirated H4, i don't see how much lower you can go unless it's going to end up being a kei car.

HACHI ROKU!

At least Nissan make multiple RWD cars.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:46 pm

spaced cowboy wrote:

interesting, but i've never really been a fan of hot hatches. I can appretiate them, and like them, but I'd rather a true sports car, like the new hachi roku (yes Swerve, I know Razz ), but over all of those I'd rather an ichi roku. But Nissans being all gay, so that's not happening any time soon.

then again, it's been an on-again-off-again project for years so this may just be another bubble in the development flow.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by spaced cowboy Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:17 pm

Turbojett wrote:
spaced cowboy wrote:

interesting, but i've never really been a fan of hot hatches. I can appretiate them, and like them, but I'd rather a true sports car, like the new hachi roku (yes Swerve, I know Razz ), but over all of those I'd rather an ichi roku. But Nissans being all gay, so that's not happening any time soon.

then again, it's been an on-again-off-again project for years so this may just be another bubble in the development flow.
A hachi-roku is not a sports car, it's a rwd hot hatch or coupe, but definitely not a sports car.
spaced cowboy
spaced cowboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:08 pm

To be honest, outside of Initial D the AE86 doesn't interest me. And the FT86 probably holds less interest than a used S15 Silvia or even a Supra. The Genesis hasn't come here and it doesn't matter.

THe FT86 would be great if it was cheap, but I don't understand how cars such as that and the Civic Type R have aligned themselves in price with that next level - MX5, WRX, where the Silvia and MR2 used to be.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by spaced cowboy Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:18 pm

Swerve wrote:To be honest, outside of Initial D the AE86 doesn't interest me. And the FT86 probably holds less interest than a used S15 Silvia or even a Supra. The Genesis hasn't come here and it doesn't matter.

THe FT86 would be great if it was cheap, but I don't understand how cars such as that and the Civic Type R have aligned themselves in price with that next level - MX5, WRX, where the Silvia and MR2 used to be.
That's why I like the baby-FT-86 that's being proposed. $15k is reasonable. $25k is not. I can't afford an expensive toy now. But if you can make it something semi-practical so I could potentially get it past the wife as a cheap second-car then I could perhaps get one.
spaced cowboy
spaced cowboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:48 am

Certainly cheaper than the Aston IQ.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:31 pm

spaced cowboy wrote:
Turbojett wrote:
spaced cowboy wrote:

A hachi-roku is not a sports car, it's a rwd hot hatch or coupe, but definitely not a sports car.
well maybe not the AE86 Corollas. those were definitely hot hatches. But I was referring to the FT86. it's probably more of a true sports (or "sporty" at least) car than a real hot hatch, it was designed with performance in mind, rather than the old Corolla/Sprinters which were basically hotted-up versions of more pedestrian compact coupes.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum