Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this cunt makes me fucking sick

4 posters

Go down

this cunt makes me fucking sick Empty this cunt makes me fucking sick

Post by big_jesus Thu May 22, 2008 1:51 pm

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2008/05/21/1211182894564.html

A BIG win in Kentucky, but a loss in Oregon — and almost no hope of catching Barack Obama on virtually any version of the delegate mathematics.

So just what is Hillary Clinton playing at?

Increasingly there is speculation that Clinton's insistence on staying in the primary race until at least June 3 is about positioning for a run for the Democratic nomination again in 2012 — if Obama loses to Republican John McCain in November.

She would argue forcefully that she is the type of candidate the party needs, because she is both resilient and more able to appeal to the blue-collar voters who had likely shunned Obama. There might also be a little of "I told you so".

David Gergen, a former White House adviser to Bill Clinton, added his voice to this theory on CNN yesterday. He admits Clinton is now in the endgame, with no hope of beating Obama, and says the doggedness she is displaying is more to do with 2012. Professor Gergen noted she would be 65 — six years younger than McCain is now.

There's no doubt the Clintons genuinely believe their own spin: that she is the only candidate who can win a general election for the Democrats. Clinton repeated it after winning Kentucky, although she has now dropped any direct attacks on Obama, instead highlighting his weaknesses by talking up her own strengths.

Her advisers are telling the media that a major reason she does not want to be pressured out of the race is that she believes it will be easier to bring her supporters over to Obama if they think she was able to finish the nomination battle on her own terms.

In an interview with The Washington Post yesterday she asserted that she believes sexism, rather than racism, has cast a shadow over the primary fight — a point some of her supporters have made for months.

Advisers say that continuing her candidacy is a way of showing her supporters and young women that she is not a quitter and will not be pushed around.

But there are some ominous signs for the Democratic Party in what might be behind Clinton's never-say-die attitude in the face of overwhelming mathematical hurdles.

Twice yesterday her communications director, Howard Wolfson, refused to rule out taking the issue of whether to seat the Michigan and Florida delegates to the Denver convention in August if it did not go her way.

The Clintons have hardened their position on what they want to happen with Michigan and Florida — they want all the delegates seated and they want them apportioned according to how they voted, even though no one campaigned there in deference to the party punishment meted out to these two states. In the case of Michigan, Obama was not even on the ballot.

That would take Clinton closer to catching Obama on delegates, but it would still come down to super-delegates. Nonetheless it would defer her doomsday because the number of delegates needed to win the nomination would become 2210, not 2026 as is currently the case.

That would leave more time for that serendipitous event that might send a flood of super-delegates in her direction. But it would be disastrous for the party to have a battle over the nomination fought all the way to the convention floor.
big_jesus
big_jesus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

this cunt makes me fucking sick Empty Re: this cunt makes me fucking sick

Post by TheWoerus Thu May 22, 2008 2:04 pm

It's funny, because I was quite insistent, up until recently, that, if somehow Obama didn't win the nomination I'd still vote for Hillary. I don't think, in good conscience, that I could now. I had assumed, incorrectly that after the North Carolina / Indiana showing that Clinton would just slowly fade away and acknowledge Obama as the winner. That didn't happen. If she is really willing to take this to August I am going to be incredibly disgusted. AUGUST FOR FUCKS SAKE that's 3 months from the general election! There is no way that Obama and the democrats could launch an effective campaign against McCain in that time frame.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu May 22, 2008 5:04 pm

the only benefit to hillary's nonsense is the increased voter turnout.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu May 22, 2008 5:05 pm

the funny thing is chelsea. you can see the anguish on her face in all the recent photos with her and mom together.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Thu May 22, 2008 5:20 pm

hillary makes me 💢
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu May 22, 2008 5:21 pm

:chef: :chicken:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Thu May 22, 2008 9:08 pm

How can anyone whose campaign is like 20m in the fucking hole even be considered a viable candidate is beyond me. Bitch can't run her own shit without breaking the bank, last thing we need is another fiscally retarded pres.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu May 22, 2008 10:09 pm

i'd bang chelsea. ain't even gonna front
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Thu May 22, 2008 10:11 pm

if by "bang" you mean "shoot with a gun in the face" then i agree Suspect
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri May 23, 2008 10:48 am

Aristotle wrote:i'd bang chelsea. ain't even gonna front

+1.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down