Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gates v Jobs

+3
Honor
Dodge
xtine
7 posters

Go down

Gates v Jobs Empty Gates v Jobs

Post by xtine Wed May 19, 2010 3:38 pm

xtine
xtine
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Gates v Jobs Empty Re: Gates v Jobs

Post by Dodge Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:14 pm

something more interesting:

Gates v Jobs Newphone
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:53 pm

both are funny. :roflmao:
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:53 am

so i heard something like iphone 4s are all getting really shitty reception and dropping calls left and right, and the only solution apple has proposed is selling people some special $25 case that fixes the problem. good job guys...
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:56 pm

Honor wrote:so i heard something like iphone 4s are all getting really shitty reception and dropping calls left and right, and the only solution apple has proposed is selling people some special $25 case that fixes the problem. good job guys...

if you touch part of the phone chassis it drops reception. apple's response is to hold it differently

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:35 pm

which part? sounds like pretty shitty designing.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:26 am

Honor wrote:which part? sounds like pretty shitty designing.

not sure, but if you're left handed its the part you always hold.

pretty shit designing...but as always apple could put their logo on a box of faeces and idiots would buy it

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:05 pm

Honor wrote:so i heard something like iphone 4s are all getting really shitty reception and dropping calls left and right, and the only solution apple has proposed is selling people some special $25 case that fixes the problem. good job guys...

Yeah, that's just a rubber bumper thing that just goes around the phone. I saw something where someone used those rubber charity bracelets instead. :lol: But really, any phone case will work. It's just some design issue with having the antenna going around the phone. I bought a case for my phone like two days after I got it and I haven't had any issues.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Antennas are not meant to be touched by electromagnetic meatbags. It messes with the gain. Even funnier is that Apple put up 3 job listings for Antenna Engineers since the whole debacle.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:55 pm

haha, that's pretty funny if it's true.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:13 pm

Oh. It's all true. I keep seeing articles in the news (paper and online) about all this stuff, although it has not exactly been front page gear.

Bottom left corner is the no go zone. Apparently there are a couple of black bands or something there and you need to keep your hands clear from that area.

This talk all just makes me long for my iphone which suffered some sort of drunken spillage 4-5 weeks ago. A few days in a container of rice dried it out nicely just as I read about, however once it actually started working again the backlight on the screen wasn't. If you look at it in decent light you can just see that it is all working perfectly. I opened it up because I'd already replaced the screen myself and therefore any chance of a warranty was shot long ago and saw that there was some corrosion on the pins of a certain chip and the part that clipped onto it from the screen. I'd seen people mention this on my previous googling and it is apparently pretty easy to fix if you have any real skills in electronics and a cheap replacement part. Our financial year ended on Wednesday and so I should be able to have my tax return back in the next couple of weeks and i'll be able to afford to get it fixed at a dodgy asian phone repair shop.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Apple's not going to fix that, but they are going to make THE BARS ON THE SIGNAL STRENGTH DISPLAY TALLER! They are STUNNED that the signal strength meter is sometimes not totally correct. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Apple-stunned-to-find-iPhones-apf-1175483258.html?x=0
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Honor wrote:haha, that's pretty funny if it's true.

yup...apple has now said anyone who has bought one has 30 days to return it free of charge

theres some other shit going wrong with OS4 too

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:30 pm

JaysonAych wrote:Apple's not going to fix that, but they are going to make THE BARS ON THE SIGNAL STRENGTH DISPLAY TALLER! They are STUNNED that the signal strength meter is sometimes not totally correct. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Apple-stunned-to-find-iPhones-apf-1175483258.html?x=0
I don't know how websites like the Onion manage to insert their articles into the websites of remotely believable sites, but they do?

dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down