Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Rapide

3 posters

Go down

Aston Rapide Empty Aston Rapide

Post by Swerve Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:57 am

Somebody buy the latest copy of Evo and scan the super saloon comparison. I want to know how the Rapide compares with the Quattroporte, Panamera and especially the Continental but am not interested in paying $16 for a magazine.
I could have had it for $4 in Thailand, so long as I bought the Thai language edition...but I wasn't learning the Thai alphabet to save $12 either.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Aston Rapide Empty Re: Aston Rapide

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:06 am

i have it in front of me, but i dont have a scanner at home. as im bored, here is the final summary:

"The Rapide rides out an easy winner then? From the driver's seat, yes, undoubtedly. but its not the first choice if youre after a properly comfortable pan-european four seater. the maserati is the right size, great to drive and a bargain here, yet after youve tried the others you wish it had a greater feeling of integrity.and it feels like a new generation QP is due. the concept of the panamera is spot on; it offers the right amount of room, its perfectly practical and useable and its beautifully appointed. shame it looks so uninspiring and drives like it looks.

bentley then? its got a lot going for it and costs the same as the aston. i was very glad to be driving it out of london at the end of our epic journey. it offers first class travekl for four and driven considerately would still leave most cars in its wake. so thats settled; it's the aston, and sod the rear seat passengers."

aston - 4.5/5
bentley - 4/5
maserati - 4/5
porsche - 3.5/5

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:18 pm

Thanks.

It sounds like Rapide shoppers may as well just buy a DB9 or even a CL. But I guess, more importantly, it is the first Aston in 15 years with a bit of differentiation from every other model in the range.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:28 am

still looks exactly the same though. i never knew something so beautiful could get so boring

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:45 am

would still go for the quattroporte (or perhaps the bentley, but i really love the quattroporte)
ascona
ascona
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:56 pm

same. easily my favourite saloon

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down