Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AF Forza 3 Racing League

+11
dunnas
LX-R
thewalrus
Turbofrog
VS
Aristotle
Swerve
Tailhappy
JaysonAych
Honor
SBF
15 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

AF Forza 3 Racing League - Page 12 Empty Re: AF Forza 3 Racing League

Post by Honor Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:05 am

you know how these games are. mafia II acts like the city is a giant metropolis but in reality it's not even half as big as the town i live in.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:54 am

The Oahu layout on Test Drive Unlimited was HUGE though. I liked that. It really took like an hour to drive from one side of the island to the other. I hope the new one's gonna be like that too.
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:15 pm

I will admit that TD: Unlimited was huge. Even with the fastest car, I think it took 45 minutes just to get around the Island.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:58 pm

Totally made up for the fact that you couldn't outrun the cops without off roading for an hour, and the traffic dive-bombs you when you try to pass them. :lol:
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:08 pm

TDU was fun, it almost made me feel like I was a rich playboy with nothing better to do than sit in my mansions and drive around my exotic cars.They are making a second one, I'd like to see more customization options this time.

If you guys like TDU you should try midnight club LA. very similiar game set in los angeles, obviously - and more cars and customization options. good fun.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:43 pm

Clockbreaker wrote:TDU was fun, it almost made me feel like I was a rich playboy with nothing better to do than sit in my mansions and drive around my exotic cars.They are making a second one, I'd like to see more customization options this time.

If you guys like TDU you should try midnight club LA. very similiar game set in los angeles, obviously - and more cars and customization options. good fun.
MCLA is pretty good, though I never did get around to finishing it. My "I wanna play racing games!" cycle had ebbed by the time I got it. Plus it's an uber-simplified LA map, so it's not very accurate--"hey I was just in North Hollywood, how'd I end up Downtown so fast?!" but finding all the barrels was kinda fun. I'm starting to think all the rockstar games are layed out basically the same, and the only difference is theme.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:53 pm

yeah id love for them to make a game one day with an actual sized city. and it would have to be new york.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:37 pm

well they pretty much did it with Oahu, I think...though I don't know just how accurate the road system is on that either.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:20 am

I leanrt last night that keeping your nose clean is important, if anything, for front downforce.

AF Forza 3 Racing League - Page 12 Wheeee10

Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:26 am

:yay: Yeah in those cars, once a bit of downforce goes, you're fucked.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:28 am

yeah i learned that in GRID once I graduated from GT1 and started driving the LMPs. your front spoilers go, and you may as well restart. I wonder if it's really that hectic (and barbarous) in the actual race.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:14 pm

so i guess this delorean/omni glh jalopnik pack is never coming eh? summer my ass.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:27 am

Their next podcast is supposed to discuss future DLC. Hopefully some mention of it will be made. Everybody's fucking clamoring for it so I can't imagine they'd just drop it.

My guess is: probably they were working on it, then the Top Gear thing happened and they had to shift their focus to that and get the Ultimate Edition out, but they couldn't say anything until it got close to release. And hopefully they'll get back to work on the Jalopnik pack.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:54 pm

fallout new vegas came out today. anyone else pick it up? im gonna play mine in a minute.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:00 am

Clockbreaker wrote:fallout new vegas came out today. anyone else pick it up? im gonna play mine in a minute.

Been playing it for 4 hours. Playing it in the hardcore mode, where the ammo has weight and you have to eat, sleep, and drink every now and then to keep from dying. It's pretty fun.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:11 am

And interestingly enough, that first town you start in actually exists IRL, and is laid out pretty similarly. The two stores in town, the gas station, and the school are all in generally the same locations in the IRL town, and checking Google Street View, the stores even look pretty similar to their IRL counterparts.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:46 am

Clockbreaker wrote:yeah id love for them to make a game one day with an actual sized city. and it would have to be new york.

I'm so fucking sick of new york and LA. I know they are popular cities, but they are in EVERYTHING. I want a game based in Chicago, Miami, or San Fransisco. And don't tell me the GTA games with the latter two, those were not very exact.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:47 am

JaysonAych wrote:And interestingly enough, that first town you start in actually exists IRL, and is laid out pretty similarly. The two stores in town, the gas station, and the school are all in generally the same locations in the IRL town, and checking Google Street View, the stores even look pretty similar to their IRL counterparts.

Just think, if there were stores in IRL Danica Patrick might win a race.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:21 pm

i like how you actually look down the sights now in new vegas. makes it alot easier to shoot things without having to resort to using VATS. and im playing on hardcore mode too, but not very hard difficulty too. if i have to worry about food, sleep, water, crippled limbs, etc. i dont want to have to shoot a guy in the head 20 times for him to die. it is about realism after all.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:40 pm

I heard MoH is shit, so I am waiting for Force Unleashed II, Black Ops, and GT5.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:13 pm

This is the best reason to buy new vegas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKIkw3LIoQ
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:54 pm

JaysonAych wrote: :yay: Yeah in those cars, once a bit of downforce goes, you're fucked.

Reminds me of Peter Dumbreck in the Mercedes at LeMans 99?

LeMans 99 crash
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:20 pm

VS wrote:This is the best reason to buy new vegas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKIkw3LIoQ

HOLY FUCKBALLS I wasn't expecting that :suspense:

I've heard it was full of bugs, but the only problem I've seen so far was one enemy clipping through a rock, which is to be expected once in a while in a game like this. :shrug:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:49 pm

hardcore mode is...hard. waiting and sleeping doesnt replenish your health like in fallout 3, and everytime i drink water or eat food it's radiated most of the time.

i wish i could fill up some of those empty nuka-cola bottles at that one fresh water spring.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:52 am

Back on the subject of Forza... ( http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/ShowThread.aspx?PostID=4281444 )

Hi everyone,

Recently, we’ve seen a lot of speculation about the status of the second Jalopnik add-on pack and I wanted to clarify some things.

Recently? How about pretty much non-stop for the last 4 months?

On the most recent episode of the Forza Pitpass Podcast, we mentioned that our car production schedule had changed in order to accommodate the upcoming release of the Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection. Essentially, we moved ten cars (including the three cars that make up the Stig’s Garage Pack) up in order to include exclusive content in the Ultimate Collection. As a result, the Jalopnik pack was pushed back in our production schedule.

Currently our intention is to make the second Jalopnik pack the next available add-on pack. Though we are targeting December, we haven’t announced a specific release date for a number of reasons, the most important of which is that the content has yet to be submitted or passed through certification. Essentially, we don’t want to promise a release date if we’re not 100 percent certain we can meet that goal.

While I understand the frustration that the Jalopnik delays have caused, I’m glad to say that it will be available in the near future. Stay tuned for more soon and thanks for reading.

At least it ain't dead yet.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:55 am

they must have hired sony to make it..
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:23 am

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
JaysonAych wrote: :yay: Yeah in those cars, once a bit of downforce goes, you're fucked.

LeMans 99 crash
jeez i remember that. something about how the underbody was completely flat and didn't have any aero channels, so once air got under it at speed, it became an aileron.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:24 am

jeez, i wonder if I still have mags from back then. I know I had at least one that had a story/diagram about that in it.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:51 am

haha, i was like "i dont remember posting that" until i looked at the names. you douche.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:49 am

Turbojett wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

LeMans 99 crash
jeez i remember that. something about how the underbody was completely flat and didn't have any aero channels, so once air got under it at speed, it became an aileron.

Yeah.

I watched Speedvision's live coverage of the 99 race. That race was the reason why I chose to go to LeMans 2000. That moment when the Mercedes flipped was shocking, but remember the car flipped in practice the day before the race started too. Mercedes put little winglets on the front facia to try to keep the car from flipping. It did not work.

I also recall an in car camera shot of one of the Japanese drivers I can't recall who in the BEAUTIFUL Toyota GT-One. They shot his face through his open helmet as he blasted down the Mulsanne straight. He did not blink once until he got to the first chicane and then did not blink once again until he got to the second chicane.

BTW do I ever miss Speedvision just thinking about this stuff. SPEED is ok but it can't hold a candle to Speedvision :classicsad:
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Clockbreaker wrote:haha, i was like "i dont remember posting that" until i looked at the names. you douche.
what? you told me to get an avatar. :lol:
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:21 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
Turbojett wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:

LeMans 99 crash

Yeah.

I watched Speedvision's live coverage of the 99 race. That race was the reason why I chose to go to LeMans 2000. That moment when the Mercedes flipped was shocking, but remember the car flipped in practice the day before the race started too. Mercedes put little winglets on the front facia to try to keep the car from flipping. It did not work.

I also recall an in car camera shot of one of the Japanese drivers I can't recall who in the BEAUTIFUL Toyota GT-One. They shot his face through his open helmet as he blasted down the Mulsanne straight. He did not blink once until he got to the first chicane and then did not blink once again until he got to the second chicane.

BTW do I ever miss Speedvision just thinking about this stuff. SPEED is ok but it can't hold a candle to Speedvision :classicsad:
Yeah, clearly it didn't work. But yet you were undaunted by the possibility that next year you may have a Mercedes land on you. ^_^
I'd love to go to LeMans myself, but I want more than anything to be one of the crazies behind the wheel (I'll stick to the GT's though, I doubt strongly I could handle a Prototype.)
It's pretty amazing though at 230mph where the slightest uncontrolled twitch of your body can send you careening out of control. they call it the 200mph sneeze (whether or not you're actually sneezing). It's a shame though about that GT-One. It really could have won the race handily both years it entered if it didn't have the mechanical difficulties.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Yeah the BMW in 99 was also a bit more fuel efficient if I recall, though the GT-One was a bit quicker. In 2000 The Audi R-8 began the dominance of LeMans though.

In 2000 during the drivers parade on the day before the race I got right up and close through the crowd to get Mario Andretti sign my cap and I wished him best of luck to which he stopped and looked right at me and gave me a genuine " Thank you"
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:14 pm

JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:50 pm

shit now if we could only do that with the delorean it would be like back to the future 2...
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:37 pm

that's awesome.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:03 pm

I used to see that all the time in online races...

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:29 am

Ok, back in Forza 1 or 2, couldn't you change the colors of the manufacturers decals? There were 3 to choose from, white, black and full color.

I hate that you can't do that in Forza 3. I also hate that you can't put decals on the black plastic on the cars (I know I complained of this before). It's bullshit, I want to put license plates on several of my cars and can't.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:09 am

You definitely couldn't change the colors of manufacturer decals in F2. I can't remember if you could in F1.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:49 pm

Then it was Forza 1, because it was the only one I owned before 3.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next