Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's the Inbred Lunatic versus the Car with No Sense of Humour.

5 posters

Go down

It's the Inbred Lunatic versus the Car with No Sense of Humour. Empty It's the Inbred Lunatic versus the Car with No Sense of Humour.

Post by Turbojett Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:54 pm

Since there hasn't been anything new in this forum for a while, I thought I'd post Top Gear's comparo of the R8 V10 versus the ZeeAreOne. Clarkson had more trouble with the Vette, but The Stig had more tailwag with the Audi it looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVYWDmRSdlg&feature=player_embedded
Turbojett
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

It's the Inbred Lunatic versus the Car with No Sense of Humour. Empty Re: It's the Inbred Lunatic versus the Car with No Sense of Humour.

Post by Swerve Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:32 am

The R8 V10 is my girlfriend's favourite car, so that was a fun part of an overall pretty crappy episode.

In Thailand I bought a copy of Evo with an article comparing the R8 V10, V12 Vantage, 911 GT3 and ZR1. I can't understand any of it, but the ZR1 scored 3.5 stars while the others all received perfect scores.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

It's the Inbred Lunatic versus the Car with No Sense of Humour. Empty Re: It's the Inbred Lunatic versus the Car with No Sense of Humour.

Post by Dodge Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:52 am

I still hold to the point the ZR1 gets poor reviews only for the build quality of the car.

The day chevy makes a rear panel that doesnt flex when you sneeze and fixes the other crap quality items..is the day it gets taken seriously.

But i'm not sure getting taken seriously is really what they want
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:36 am

Jesus, its a working mans car company making a hellacious sports car. End of the story.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:06 pm

Dodge wrote:I still hold to the point the ZR1 gets poor reviews only for the build quality of the car.

The day chevy makes a rear panel that doesnt flex when you sneeze and fixes the other crap quality items..is the day it gets taken seriously.

But i'm not sure getting taken seriously is really what they want

All of the above plus designing an interior that wouldn't look out of place in a 90's Oldsmobile wouldn't hurt.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:02 am

SBF wrote:Jesus, its a working mans car company making a hellacious sports car. End of the story.

Ford already covers the workman angle in Britain due to all the Fiestas and Transit vans. Brits seem to consider Ford's performance cars as honorary Brits. And they can't have two working class brands building expensive cars because they're probably the most class conscious developed country.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:30 am

Swerve wrote:
SBF wrote:Jesus, its a working mans car company making a hellacious sports car. End of the story.

Ford already covers the workman angle in Britain due to all the Fiestas and Transit vans. Brits seem to consider Ford's performance cars as honorary Brits. And they can't have two working class brands building expensive cars because they're probably the most class conscious developed country.

Would "Blue Collar" work better for you?
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:34 pm

Swerve wrote:The R8 V10 is my girlfriend's favourite car, so that was a fun part of an overall pretty crappy episode.

In Thailand I bought a copy of Evo with an article comparing the R8 V10, V12 Vantage, 911 GT3 and ZR1. I can't understand any of it, but the ZR1 scored 3.5 stars while the others all received perfect scores.
Only just because those damn yanks made it.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:18 pm

Pretty much. Although I'd rather have a Z06 than a ZR1 even for the same price. 7 litres is the right number of litres.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down