Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To bring out the hillbilly in myself.

4 posters

Go down

To bring out the hillbilly in myself. Empty To bring out the hillbilly in myself.

Post by SBF Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:50 am

I have to say I've always wanted a "Lil Red Express Truck". Mr. Norms has mad a modern interpretation of in and it looks kind of ridiculous. I wouldn't buy this new version but I would love to have a '78 or '79.

To bring out the hillbilly in myself. Mr-norm1

link here
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

To bring out the hillbilly in myself. Empty Re: To bring out the hillbilly in myself.

Post by Honor Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:34 am

The old one is alright, but the new one is just retarded.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

To bring out the hillbilly in myself. Empty Re: To bring out the hillbilly in myself.

Post by JaysonAych Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:45 am

Yeah, the new one is pretty much a shitty decal job.

No stepside bed? No outside pipes? Fail.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:45 am

It really is one of the most half-assed attempts I've ever seen.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:11 pm

they said it was a concession to affordability, that converting to a stepside and exposed exhaust stacks would have cost big bucks.

what's it matter? these are the same people that made a new Hemi 'Cuda covertible out of the new Challenger?
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:37 pm

they shouldnt have made it at all then, imo.

are the exhaust pipes even functional or are they just rice? if so, then anyone could make that truck on a sunday afternoon in their driveway.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:49 pm

If they wanted to copy the original, they should have made an attemp on a stepside.

The original is still one of my favorite vehicles of all time.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:25 pm

Turbojett wrote:they said it was a concession to affordability, that converting to a stepside and exposed exhaust stacks would have cost big bucks.

what's it matter? these are the same people that made a new Hemi 'Cuda covertible out of the new Challenger?

People who are buying a vehicle like this can probably afford to spend some more. This is like saying, "Oh hai, we made a modern interpretation of the beautiful '59 Eldorado, but it doesn't have tailfins, chrome, the quad taillamps, or anything like that. It's pretty much just a DTS with an Eldorado sticker we cobbled together in Photoshop in 10 minutes using a cheap font stuck on the side, plus $3,000 added to the price."
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:41 pm

The article talks about a 14.7 seconds 1/4 mile time like it's dirt slow. That's reasonably quick even today, and for a truck from 30 years ago? That's pretty damn good if you ask me.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:58 pm

honor m4n wrote:The article talks about a 14.7 seconds 1/4 mile time like it's dirt slow. That's reasonably quick even today, and for a truck from 30 years ago? That's pretty damn good if you ask me.

Well the article was true to say that it was the fastest production vehicle of 1978. That's awesome for a truck let alone a Dodge.

Plus, it virtually weighs nothing for a truck, a standard cab, stepside truck with a 5.9L V8. If there was a true modern version of that truck now, I bet it would haul major ass
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:21 am

I never knew those little red trucks were built for speed. I thought they were just a gutless gimmick.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:34 am

honor m4n wrote:I never knew those little red trucks were built for speed. I thought they were just a gutless gimmick.

No it was intentional. It was the fastest American made vehicle 0-100 in 1978. It didn't have to have catalytic converters on it, a slightly modified 360ci cop motor, and a special 727 TorqueFlite auto with a 3.55 rear end.

If you didn't dig the stacks, but wanted a trick truck, something other than red, or wanted a stepside 4x4, you could always stick with a Warlock.

To bring out the hillbilly in myself. 91076
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum