Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New GM = Old GM

5 posters

Go down

New GM = Old GM Empty New GM = Old GM

Post by The_Edge Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:02 pm

Gotta love GM.

Doing the same mistakes again and again for decades.

After DECADES of badge engineering and raping pontiac, they finally went under. They acknowledged their badge engineering mistakes and surfaced a wiser, better GM. Hey, look, the logo is green! They gotta be different!

The camaro is a fine car. everybody loves it. It is not a cookie cutter car. Striking, sporty design. It's seems to be selling well. So what's next? I KNOW! What about axing the camaro, giving its styling cues to a a fucking vehicle that looks like the aborted pregrancy of a minivan and an SUV?:

New GM = Old GM New-Chevy-Camaro-Taillights-SM
New GM = Old GM 2009-chevrolet-traverse-rear

I am not sure on the axing the camaro thing, but I read in MT the new GM future lineup and it added some cars (like the orlando) but didn't mention a next camaro after the current one. I hope I'm wrong.

And what about the interiors? Since the CTS has a nice, distinctive interior that is not shared with any other cars and makes it a credible luxury sedan offering, let's give a similar interior design to cars costing much less, that will kill the effect. Yay! :highfive: :

New GM = Old GM 2010_chevy_cruze_interior_spy-thumb
New GM = Old GM Cts_interior_01_4502

:sonofscreamo: :sonofscreamo: :sonofscreamo:
The_Edge
The_Edge
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

New GM = Old GM Empty Re: New GM = Old GM

Post by Tailhappy Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:18 pm

What are you on?

Those look almost nothing alike. I mean, take off the badges and you know you're looking at a GM, but so what? There is no originality in design anymore. Everything has been done, just not in the same arrangement as before.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:55 pm

Benfolio wrote:What are you on?

Those look almost nothing alike. I mean, take off the badges and you know you're looking at a GM, but so what? There is no originality in design anymore. Everything has been done, just not in the same arrangement as before.

Be more specific, are you talking about the tailight shots or the interior ones?

I can definitely tell the difference between a golf and an A6, or a mini and a 1 series. So why does that weird thing has to have camaro-esque tailights?
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:56 pm

The Traverse came out a while before the bankruptcy. It still shitty because a short while back, before the Acadia/Enclave/Outlook came out, they swore they were done with the badge engineering. No more, GM's turning over a new leaf, this is it. Then six months later, the Acadia/Enclave/Outlook trio started making car show rounds before their introductions. And then the Traverse followed shortly thereafter.

A bit of it is okay, as long as there are vast differences in appearances, equipment, trims, and packages, and if you only do it between a couple of brands. But to have four of the same vehicle, and each one can be kitted up to be pretty much the same as any of the other three in performance and options? That's ridiculous.

The style of the interiors with the swooping center stack is spreading throughout the industry. That Hyundai I rented had that style. A similar design is one thing, but the difference is going to be in the materials. That Chevy interior looks nice, but is mostly plastic.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:40 pm

JaysonAych wrote:The Traverse came out a while before the bankruptcy. It still shitty because a short while back, before the Acadia/Enclave/Outlook came out, they swore they were done with the badge engineering. No more, GM's turning over a new leaf, this is it. Then six months later, the Acadia/Enclave/Outlook trio started making car show rounds before their introductions. And then the Traverse followed shortly thereafter.

A bit of it is okay, as long as there are vast differences in appearances, equipment, trims, and packages, and if you only do it between a couple of brands. But to have four of the same vehicle, and each one can be kitted up to be pretty much the same as any of the other three in performance and options? That's ridiculous.

The style of the interiors with the swooping center stack is spreading throughout the industry. That Hyundai I rented had that style. A similar design is one thing, but the difference is going to be in the materials. That Chevy interior looks nice, but is mostly plastic.

I hear you.

It drives me nuts, it's like an alcoholic who gets a second chance, promises to change and... walks straight into the liquor store.
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:48 am

The_Edge wrote:
Benfolio wrote:What are you on?

Be more specific, are you talking about the tailight shots or the interior ones?

I can definitely tell the difference between a golf and an A6, or a mini and a 1 series. So why does that weird thing has to have camaro-esque tailights?

Yes.

Camaro has 4 separate tail ights, the Traverse hase two blobs WTF you cna't tell theyre differnret?
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:55 am

and the MT story was only outlining the NEW cars that GM plans to introduce after their bankruptcy, not a full list of "These are the ONLY cars we're going to be selling". the Camaro just restarted, and is probably going to have a full life cycle before they figure out how to continue or (worst case scenario) replace it. you'll notice that they didn't say anything about their volume sedans, either.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:59 pm

Ok, yeah, uh, the Camaro and Traverse look nothing alike. Plus Chevy has been on this retro taillight kick for a while.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:38 am

I think they should keep the quad taillights. I like 'em!
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:25 am

I love the quads on the Camaro. But I think they're awkwardly-applied on the Traverse.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum