Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone rock GH Metallica for 360?

+8
Omni
Tailhappy
Dodge
thewalrus
Aristotle
Talon
Honor
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anyone rock GH Metallica for 360? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone rock GH Metallica for 360?

Post by big_jesus Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:50 pm

it all fucking blows. they're two different bands.
big_jesus
big_jesus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Anyone rock GH Metallica for 360? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone rock GH Metallica for 360?

Post by Aristotle Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:12 pm

big_jesus wrote:metallica fucking blows since the black album forward. end of band, start of money/whoredom experience. all albums post black fucking SUCK and black is only half good.

+ fucking 1
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:13 pm

big_jesus wrote:it all fucking blows. they're two different bands.

+2
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:13 pm

JaysonAych wrote:Not Guitar Hero of course, but...oh shit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone rock GH Metallica for 360? - Page 2 20090410

that's easily the best comic those guys have put out.

ever.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:38 pm

I prefer modern metallica.

who's going to be the one to put a bullet in my head? bj?
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:32 pm

big_jesus wrote:metallica fucking blows since the black album forward. end of band, start of money/whoredom experience. all albums post black fucking SUCK and black is only half good.

Music snobs piss me off.

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:33 pm

Dodge wrote:I prefer modern metallica.

who's going to be the one to put a bullet in my head? bj?

I do too. Other bands do thrash simply better than Metallica ever did.

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:46 pm

Yeah, I mean theres some classics that I really enjoy..but the black album forward are the only entire albums i listen to regularly. They did some pretty pioneering stuff in modern rock that they don't get any credit for.
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:28 pm

Am I the only fucking person that hates guitar hero?
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:39 pm

i've never played it, actually.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:32 pm

ive only played it in passing...audiosurf though, thats the shit.
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:40 am

Dodge wrote:ive only played it in passing...audiosurf though, thats the shit.

Audiosurf is fantastic. :talon2:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:14 am

JaysonAych wrote:
Dodge wrote:ive only played it in passing...audiosurf though, thats the shit.

Audiosurf is fantastic. :talon2:

can i have your nerd babies? wub :gah
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:19 am

Audiosurf is awesome. Hate to sound cliche but it's way better high.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:19 pm

911 wrote:

Music snobs piss me off.
shit music pisses me off.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed May 06, 2009 8:06 pm

did you guys all see this? pretty good. :roflmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USXYJ8htAaw
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed May 06, 2009 11:16 pm

big_jesus wrote:
911 wrote:

Music snobs piss me off.
shit music pisses me off.

You're crazy dude. Have you even listened to death magnetic? It's a great album. The only album that was pure garbage was St. Anger and I don't even consider it Metallica at all. Load and Reload weren't nearly as good as the others but they still have some good songs on them.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed May 06, 2009 11:17 pm

honor man wrote:did you guys all see this? pretty good. :roflmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USXYJ8htAaw

Nice :lol:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu May 07, 2009 12:31 am

Ehhh, the only song I really listen to on mine is number 9, "suicide and redemption". all of the others are pretty medicore and forgettable imo. i miss the old days of metallica where every song was epic and pretty much a metal anthem. :undies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXfKJvlU050

and this is very minor, but i like how on the album they use the old school metallica logo instead of some shitty new one like they did with st. anger, load, etc.

Anyone rock GH Metallica for 360? - Page 2 Metallica-death-magnetic-cover1
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu May 07, 2009 10:27 am

honor man wrote:Ehhh, the only song I really listen to on mine is number 9, "suicide and redemption". all of the others are pretty medicore and forgettable imo. i miss the old days of metallica where every song was epic and pretty much a metal anthem. :undies:

and this is very minor, but i like how on the album they use the old school metallica logo instead of some shitty new one like they did with st. anger, load, etc.

How could that be the only song on there that you like? How much have you listened to the album? What about Cyanide and Judas Kiss?
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Thu May 07, 2009 11:46 am

and All Nightmare Long, that song fuckin rocks man.
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu May 07, 2009 10:11 pm

Dodge wrote:and All Nightmare Long, that song fuckin rocks man.

Yeah, I like the whole album. I know it's a lot different from something like master of puppets but the guitar fundamentals are definitely in there and I have no problem with the way he sings on this album. I don't understand why old school metallica fans wouldn't even give it a chance.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Fri May 08, 2009 12:23 am

People are just afraid of change
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri May 08, 2009 12:36 am

Omni wrote:
honor man wrote:Ehhh, the only song I really listen to on mine is number 9, "suicide and redemption". all of the others are pretty medicore and forgettable imo. i miss the old days of metallica where every song was epic and pretty much a metal anthem. :undies:

How could that be the only song on there that you like? How much have you listened to the album? What about Cyanide and Judas Kiss?

I've listened to it plenty. The other songs would be pretty good if it were a lesser band like Godsmack or something that released them. But I expect alot more from Metallica. I know what they can do and I think this album as a whole falls short of that. But yeah, if I made a greatest hits collection Suicide and Redemption would probably be the only song from this album I'd put on.

Oh, and the way Hetfield sings now compared to old stuff annoys me. :curses:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri May 08, 2009 12:49 am

Dodge wrote:People are just afraid of change

If it aint broke, dont fix it. :jay:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri May 08, 2009 12:57 am

All their songs sound the same to me. :undies:
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri May 08, 2009 2:53 am

honor man wrote:
Omni wrote:

I've listened to it plenty. The other songs would be pretty good if it were a lesser band like Godsmack or something that released them. But I expect alot more from Metallica. I know what they can do and I think this album as a whole falls short of that. But yeah, if I made a greatest hits collection Suicide and Redemption would probably be the only song from this album I'd put on.

You're crazy. I don't know what you expect them to do. His voice sounded like that when they were like fucking 19 and shit and it isn't going back. If you honestly think death magnetic is on par with godsmack I don't think there is anything left to say. There is no fucking way Godsmack could make music like that.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri May 08, 2009 4:07 am

His voice isnt the problem. It's the way he chooses to sing now. It's annoying.

And I just expect them to make stuff like they did 20 years ago. I dont think they ever will though. :nextgencry:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri May 08, 2009 10:59 am

honor man wrote:His voice isnt the problem. It's the way he chooses to sing now. It's annoying.

And I just expect them to make stuff like they did 20 years ago. I dont think they ever will though. :nextgencry:

Times change and so do bands. Just because they don't sound exactly like they did in the 80s that doesn't mean it isn't good metal. I don't really feel like they've slipped in quality, it's just different. You saw for yourself at the concert that they can still play the old stuff just as well.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Fri May 08, 2009 11:17 am

I bet if they recorded music like they recorded music back then, it would sound very much the same..
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri May 08, 2009 12:04 pm

Omni wrote:
honor man wrote:His voice isnt the problem. It's the way he chooses to sing now. It's annoying.

Times change and so do bands. Just because they don't sound exactly like they did in the 80s that doesn't mean it isn't good metal. I don't really feel like they've slipped in quality, it's just different. You saw for yourself at the concert that they can still play the old stuff just as well.

Change isnt always for the better. Their best years are definitely behind them. The stuff theyre making now doesnt suck, but its far from epic like the old stuff.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri May 08, 2009 12:32 pm

Omni wrote:
honor man wrote:
Omni wrote:

You're crazy. I don't know what you expect them to do. His voice sounded like that when they were like fucking 19 and shit and it isn't going back. If you honestly think death magnetic is on par with godsmack I don't think there is anything left to say. There is no fucking way Godsmack could make music like that.

no WAY JH sounds like he used to.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Fri May 08, 2009 1:58 pm

godsmack is horrible.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Fri May 08, 2009 2:01 pm

i hate you all
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri May 08, 2009 2:03 pm

Dodge wrote:i hate you all

No you don't. You're just saying that.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri May 08, 2009 2:39 pm

VS wrote:godsmack is horrible.
absolutely. so is metallica post-Black
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Fri May 08, 2009 3:26 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Dodge wrote:i hate you all

No you don't. You're just saying that.

Its true :smellywub:
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri May 08, 2009 11:42 pm

I like certain parts of pretty much every song on the album. But other parts just rub me the wrong way. S&R is the only one I like the whole thing of. :talon2:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sat May 09, 2009 1:19 pm

honor man wrote:I like certain parts of pretty much every song on the album. But other parts just rub me the wrong way. S&R is the only one I like the whole thing of. :talon2:

I think it's kinda bs to say an instrumental is more memorable than every other song. I also don't think that would be on a greatest hits album over some of the other stuff on there.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sat May 09, 2009 1:21 pm

It just annoys me how if a band changes at all people act like their music is total garbage. There is no doubt the new stuff isn't as good as the pre black album stuff but why is it always an "all or nothing" scenario for people? Either Metallica is completely awesome or they're complete garbage.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next