Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I realize all too well how foolish a 72-month car loan is...

+7
Tailhappy
GregTX
thewalrus
Talon
Les_Vipers_rule
dunnas
JaysonAych
11 posters

Go down

I realize all too well how foolish a 72-month car loan is... Empty I realize all too well how foolish a 72-month car loan is...

Post by JaysonAych Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:31 am

...but I don't have to worry about that anymore. In the next 8 hours, my last payment will be getting dropped in the mail (fuck off Dunnas) and I will be FREE FREE FREE FREE! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

I realize all too well how foolish a 72-month car loan is... Empty Re: I realize all too well how foolish a 72-month car loan is...

Post by dunnas Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:50 am

I didn't know they had car loans in the 1800's. :popcorn:
dunnas
dunnas
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

I realize all too well how foolish a 72-month car loan is... Empty Re: I realize all too well how foolish a 72-month car loan is...

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:36 am

72 month loans are only costly/bad if you are tagged with a high interest rate. Many companies now offer 0% loans up to 60 months and 72 or 84 months loans with interest rates between 1.9 and 5%. My first new car loan back in the mid 80's had an interest rate of 11.8% which was avg. for that time frame. That all said if you really like your car and mean to keep it after it's paid off you will be extra happy to not see a monthly payment come out anymore. :cheers:
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:30 am

I would never take a car loan more than 60 months. When I was talking to salesmen about buying an Evo and what I was wanting to pay a month, they kept saying to extend the loan to 72 months to get those payments thus getting the payments I wanted but for another year. Apparently, they thought I was an idiot.

Wasn't GM offering a 10 year loan for a while there?
Talon
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:31 am

I still have a year and a half on the Evo. Woe Feels like I should be done by now.

0% interest, though.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:09 am

I got a 5 Year loan on the Civic. But I can pay it off more quickly without penalty, so hopefully I can knock a year or two off of it.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by GregTX Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:18 pm

I'm about 40% paid off on the S. Too bad that means I have no money. Oh well, hopefully I'll have the rest paid off in about a year.
GregTX
GregTX
Did I mention how rueful and woeful I am?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:59 pm

Congrats Jay, you now OWN a.......

Dodge Stratus.

Woe
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:13 pm

Talon wrote:I would never take a car loan more than 60 months. When I was talking to salesmen about buying an Evo and what I was wanting to pay a month, they kept saying to extend the loan to 72 months to get those payments thus getting the payments I wanted but for another year. Apparently, they thought I was an idiot.

Yeah, I won't take another loan for more than 60 months if it can be helped. I know a lot more about financing and how the dealers operate than I did when I first bought the car. But I don't want to be stuck on a loan for 6 years again.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:14 pm

Benfolio wrote:Congrats Jay, you now OWN a.......

Dodge Stratus.

Woe

My car is awesome, thank you -_-
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:15 pm

dunnas wrote:I didn't know they had car loans in the 1800's. :popcorn:

:curses:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:05 am

I'm not sure what it would take for me to consider a car loan. As much as I'd love to own an exotic, there are so many used cars that would do and I just can't justify the difference in lifestyle. 0% interest may be enough one day, though...

Credit ratings don't determine mortgage repayments over here like in the US either, so that is not a factor.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:34 pm

JaysonAych wrote:

Dodge Stratus.

Woe

I drive...I drive...I drive a Dodge Stratus!
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:39 pm

Turbojett wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:

Dodge Stratus.

Woe

I drive...I drive...I drive a Dodge Stratus!

PEOPLE ARE SCARED OF ME!
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:45 pm

And I just got the official release of lien. :yay:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:41 am

word.

the only reason i keep my car is because it's paid for.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:00 am

It needs a new steering rack, but I plan on getting that fixed in a few months. It runs too well to trade away and the current peace of mind is worth far more than what I could get in a trade anyway. Whatever early-mid-life-crisis car I get later will be a supplement to the Dodge until it can no longer be kept going reasonably.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:04 am

How many miles on that bitch?
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:05 am

Aristotle wrote:word.

the only reason i keep my car is because it's paid for.

And 'cause no one wants to buy a car that has a deck post embedded in the engine block :smelly:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:30 pm

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOL @ ARIS'S SHITTY LIFE
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:21 pm

Talon wrote:How many miles on that bitch?

JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum