Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Omni. RE: WRX

+3
Honor
big_jesus
Talon
7 posters

Go down

Omni. RE: WRX Empty Omni. RE: WRX

Post by Talon Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:55 pm

What year is your WRX? Reason I ask is because my mom's (2003) can be a royal pain in the ass to put in reverse. I'd say 25% of the time when putting the car in reverse, it won't go so I have to let off the clutch (either half way or completely) and try again. It'll go like half way and I can feel the gears trying to mesh, but not quite there. You ever have any issues like this? The car shifts okay and all, and it's really not that big of a deal relatively speaking, it's just a pita sometimes and I've never experienced it as bad in any other car.
Talon
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Omni. RE: WRX Empty Re: Omni. RE: WRX

Post by big_jesus Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:20 pm

try letting the clutch out, blipping the throttle, then going back in and shifting it quick into R. the R gears aren't splined, and that can cause weird meshing issues sometimes on some cars.
big_jesus
big_jesus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:50 pm

Well, letting off the clutch half way then trying again works 99% of the time. Just kind of an inconvenience to have to do it as much as is needed.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:16 pm

his is a 2002 i believe
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:20 pm

It's that agricultural Subaru transmission.

Mine grinds sometimes going into reverse, and now 2nd is making awful noises at a certain RPM under a certain load. Woe

I need to start looking up prices on WRX motor/trans swaps.....
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:58 pm

yeah i was going to say, thats just an old school manual trans thing.

1st and reverse aren't sychronized

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Oh yeah. Hard to downshift into first when it's cold out too unless I'm doing around 1MPH.

Fuck this car.

At least it's the biggity bomb in the snow.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milleniahead Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:21 am

i just had my shifter cable end break and when I thought I fixed it I lost 3rd and 5th gear for 2 days. it was awesome.
milleniahead
milleniahead
is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:26 am

Mine is an '02. I usually don't have a problem shifting into reverse unless it is pretty cold outside and the car isn't warmed up yet. Every once in awhile it is a royal fucking pain in the ass though and it's a shame these trannys weren't built better.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum