Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pontiac SLP Firehawk G8 GT

+13
big_jesus
Les_Vipers_rule
Tailhappy
Dodge
Aristotle
Turbojett
Honor
Omni
1300ZUK
JaysonAych
SBF
thewalrus
xtine
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pontiac SLP Firehawk G8 GT Empty Pontiac SLP Firehawk G8 GT

Post by xtine Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:38 pm

xtine
xtine
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Pontiac SLP Firehawk G8 GT Empty Re: Pontiac SLP Firehawk G8 GT

Post by thewalrus Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:40 pm

They're kidding themselves if they think people will buy that for $55,000+
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:44 pm

What a joke, the talk is that Pontiac is going to be getting rid of several models maybe down to 1 or 2. I can't see many people buying this, especially that close to a CTS-V price range.

Plus the FireHawk name should stay tied to the Firebird. It only makes sense.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:57 pm

thewalrus wrote:They're kidding themselves if they think people will buy that for $55,000+

Yeah, no one's buying the $32K version, and it's plenty good.

Dealer's will probably mark it up another $10K, also. Like they're doing with the current G8s. Which is why they're not selling either.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:07 pm

G8's are not getting marked up by any dealer near me.

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:06 am

Isn't pontiac getting killed?
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:44 am

gm's clinging on for dear life and theyre building stuff like this? Pontiac SLP Firehawk G8 GT Screwy
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:02 am

It's not GM building it, it's SLP, who built all the FireHawks, and were sold through the Pontiac Dealer.

SLP for Pontiac is like Roush for Ford.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:51 pm

SBF wrote:It's not GM building it, it's SLP, who built all the FireHawks, and were sold through the Pontiac Dealer.

SLP for Pontiac is like Roush for Ford.

no think slp is like svt to ford

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:53 am

That's GMPD. it's more like AC Schnitzer is to BMW or ABT is to VW/Audi, or Roush/Saleen/Steeda are to Ford.
SLP is really just a tuner, not so much a performance division. I'm not sure if GM owns them though, do they?
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:40 pm

wow, what a spectacular failure in waiting.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:44 pm

Turbojett wrote:That's GMPD. it's more like AC Schnitzer is to BMW or ABT is to VW/Audi, or Roush/Saleen/Steeda are to Ford.
SLP is really just a tuner, not so much a performance division. I'm not sure if GM owns them though, do they?

Last time I checked, no.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:04 am

My brother went to the saab dealer today to get some work done. Everyone is gone, theres only one car in the dealer ( a Turbo X, one of 600 in the country....and they havn't sold it). They cant fix their car cause they laid off the saab repair guy.

gm fail.
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:20 am

saab is fucked. fuck them anyway.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:17 pm

saabs were never anything special anyway imo
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:40 pm

best sedan out of the gm stable in the past decade or two...thats all.
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:17 pm

I'd rather a Lingenfelter G8:

Pontiac SLP Firehawk G8 GT G_41

Pontiac SLP Firehawk G8 GT N1065434993_30179383_1440
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:10 pm

But according to Wally and a few other 'experts' :lol: here it's a piece of crap because it's a domestic. :roflmao:
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:11 pm

Aristotle wrote:saab is fucked. fuck them anyway.

Hold on it's a much coveted IMPORT! :hmmm: :lol:
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:00 pm

hahaha it's spilling out of the original thread.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:18 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:But according to Wally and a few other 'experts' :lol: here it's a piece of crap because it's a domestic. :roflmao:

Only to me bub.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:19 pm

big_jesus wrote:hahaha it's spilling out of the original thread.

:roflmao:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:20 pm

Dodge wrote:best sedan out of the gm stable in the past decade or two...thats all.

theyre bland.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:24 pm

i'd say the cadillac cts is the best sedan to ever come out of gm.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:39 pm

cts-v
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:11 pm

Aristotle wrote:i'd say the cadillac cts is the best sedan to ever come out of gm.

Which is like saying that pasty white kid from Deliverance is the least inbred hick to come out of the south.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:17 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Aristotle wrote:i'd say the cadillac cts is the best sedan to ever come out of gm.

Which is like saying that pasty white kid from Deliverance is the least inbred hick to come out of the south.

GOT AIDS YET?

Yeah look at CTS and think of it as an inbred. And you have owned how many CTS's or any domestic? OH YEAH NONE!!!
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:23 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

GOT AIDS YET?

Yeah look at CTS and think of it as an inbred. And you have owned how many CTS's or any domestic? OH YEAH NONE!!!

Making fun of people with AIDS is pretty fucking low less. Hope you're really proud of yourself.

And I don't need to own a CTS to know it sucks worse than someone with AIDS who sucks for a living. It's a domestic and it fucking sucks by definition.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:27 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

GOT AIDS YET?

Making fun of people with AIDS is pretty fucking low less. Hope you're really proud of yourself.

And I don't need to own a CTS to know it sucks worse than someone with AIDS who sucks for a living. It's a domestic and it fucking sucks by definition.

Hold on Wally you started with the aids shit, or have you forgotten? To slam the CTS only proves how car ignorant you are.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:29 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

GOT AIDS YET?

Hold on Wally you started with the aids shit, or have you forgotten? To slam the CTS only proves how car ignorant you are.

Oh sure, typical. Now you're trying to blame me for starting the AIDS talk. YOU'RE the one who started talking about AIDS, or don't you remember?

And anyone who thinks the CTS is a good car is obviously ignorant. And it proves their ignorant when they say such. AIDS.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:34 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

GOT AIDS YET?

Oh sure, typical. Now you're trying to blame me for starting the AIDS talk. YOU'RE the one who started talking about AIDS, or don't you remember?

And anyone who thinks the CTS is a good car is obviously ignorant. And it proves their ignorant when they say such. AIDS.

No, Mr. Senile you did. And not only I but most anyone who know cars thinks the CTS is a sweet ass car and among the best of its class.

Wally why do you hate America so much? I bet you wished Japan and Germany won WWII.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:53 pm

:hail:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:56 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

GOT AIDS YET?

No, Mr. Senile you did. And not only I but most anyone who know cars thinks the CTS is a sweet ass car and among the best of its class.

Wally why do you hate America so much? I bet you wished Japan and Germany won WWII.

You're right Les. The CTS is among the best in it's class. But it's a domestic car, so it's class is fellow domestic cars. Which means it's like the brightest kid in remedial english.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:18 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

GOT AIDS YET?

You're right Les. The CTS is among the best in it's class. But it's a domestic car, so it's class is fellow domestic cars. Which means it's like the brightest kid in remedial english.

Um no, it's class is called near luxury class by many including models from Lexus, Infiniti, BMW etc. Go learn about cars ok?
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:51 am

Aristotle wrote::hail:

i could read these convos forever
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:07 am

Jesus Christ Les, It's not even a Domestic car, Fucking GM had to reach into it's down under pockets just to pull that one out of their ass because their American engineers couldn't design anything better and they didn't want to spend any money to do so.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:32 am

does one know any better than the other what they're talking about here? I haven't driven one myself, so I can't say anything wither way, but i'm not the one waxing poetic here.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:01 am

Swerve wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:But according to Wally and a few other 'experts' :lol: here it's a piece of crap because it's a domestic. :roflmao:

Only to me bub.
What am I, chopped liver? :smelly:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:06 am

Turbojett wrote:does one know any better than the other what they're talking about here? I haven't driven one myself, so I can't say anything wither way, but i'm not the one waxing poetic here.
I think you're missing the point here. :lol:

All that matters is that all US cars all suck, and that's a fact. :thwak:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:55 am

Well, I'd argue the contrary, but if I look off towards Detroit all I see is a big mushroom cloud...
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next