Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new z4 is hot

+3
Turbojett
thewalrus
big_jesus
7 posters

Go down

new z4 is hot Empty new z4 is hot

Post by big_jesus Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:12 pm

new z4 is hot 3273007411_50bb6420a8_b
big_jesus
big_jesus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

new z4 is hot Empty Re: new z4 is hot

Post by thewalrus Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:21 pm

Yeah, I like it a lot. I like the old Z4 too though.
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:40 pm

yes. That is definitely a sexy convertible. I like that they went all Z3-evolution on the rear end, too.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:25 pm

It's really good looking now. The last one was cool, but it had too many body lines.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:25 pm

God they really need to fix the image resize on this board. :sonofscreamo:
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:18 pm

much better than the old monstrosity. still pretty far off its competition though

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:20 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:much better than the old monstrosity. still pretty far off its competition though

Why is off it's competition? Sounds like a perfectly capable roadster to me.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:36 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:much better than the old monstrosity. still pretty far off its competition though

do you have to disagree with everything???

boxster, slk etc. are all much better looking cars. since dropping the bangle styling bmw's have become rather bland

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:39 pm

in design or capability?
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:40 pm

pennz, when have bmws ever been about anything other than a more understated yet elegant design? porsches HAVE to look good. MBs try to, but i don't care for their design, personally. this hits the mark for me.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:42 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

do you have to disagree with everything???

boxster, slk etc. are all much better looking cars. since dropping the bangle styling bmw's have become rather bland

Yeah, me asking you why you think it's off the competition is me disagreeing. If you don't have a good answer - outside of the styling issue - that's fine.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:43 pm

big_jesus wrote:pennz, when have bmws ever been about anything other than a more understated yet elegant design? porsches HAVE to look good. MBs try to, but i don't care for their design, personally. this hits the mark for me.

there's understated elegance...then there's bland. have you seen the slating theyve been getting in the press with the 1, new 3 coupe and now this?

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:50 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
big_jesus wrote:pennz, when have bmws ever been about anything other than a more understated yet elegant design? porsches HAVE to look good. MBs try to, but i don't care for their design, personally. this hits the mark for me.

there's understated elegance...then there's bland. have you seen the slating theyve been getting in the press with the 1, new 3 coupe and now this?

I like the way the new three couple looks. A lot. The new one series, is kind of bland, but I don't mind it. I find the old Z4, and the new one both quite attractive roadsters.

unless a car is Pontiac Aztec ugly I don't care too much what the press has to say about aesthetics. And even then I only read their reviews for the jokes.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:30 pm

looks like the same one with a different nose

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:39 am

1300ZUK wrote:looks like the same one with a different nose

Haha, I agree. It's not new. It's the same. I've been ripped off.

But I do like it. The old Z had too flat a bonnet for the rest of the car's curves. This has a bit of aggression up front. However, I really hate that the bonnet still hinges above the grille instead of curving into the bumper. Makes the nose look detached from the rest of the car.

The 3 Series coupe is a lot blander than the sedan, which - post facelift - happens to be the best looking four door Bimmer ever. But I know so many people who love the coupe and it seems to vastly outnumber S5s on the street.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum