Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So our superintendent told me I need to go and do something besides work this weekend.

+7
Swerve
Olds
Talon
ryguy79
dunnas
SBF
millertime
11 posters

Go down

So our superintendent told me I need to go and do something besides work this weekend. Empty So our superintendent told me I need to go and do something besides work this weekend.

Post by millertime Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:56 am

He asked me if I was heading to Edmonton this weekend. I said no, I'll probably come in and work, I dont really feel like driving into the city. He said working 7 days week will burn me out. I told him not to worry about me; if I learned one thing in university it was how to stay focused for 7 days a week, months on end.

I wonder if he said it because a couple minor things slipped my mind this week and its not as sharp as usual. Or if its because he thinks I need to get a life.

Fuck. I think I've become a workaholic.
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

So our superintendent told me I need to go and do something besides work this weekend. Empty Re: So our superintendent told me I need to go and do something besides work this weekend.

Post by SBF Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:18 am

Haha, you have a superintendent.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

So our superintendent told me I need to go and do something besides work this weekend. Empty Re: So our superintendent told me I need to go and do something besides work this weekend.

Post by dunnas Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:23 am

Become?
dunnas
dunnas
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:55 pm

You've been a workaholic for a long long time.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:26 pm

Aren't you getting married now or something? You'll have plenty of time to work seven days a week later in life when you two end up hating each other...
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:13 pm

millertime wrote:He said working 7 days week will burn me out. I told him not to worry about me; if I learned one thing in university it was how to stay focused for 7 days a week, months on end. .

Miller, to be honest, the guy was probably in your shoes when he was your age, and knows what he's talking about. When you're young you think you know everything and can last forever, I think as you get older you realize that's not always the case.

Working 7 days a week is pretty insane. I know you love your job and all but you do need to do something else. Man, Cold Lake sucks but I'm sure there's plenty of opportunities to do cool outdoor shit - snowshoeing, etc. You should do something like that if you get a chance.

Just my thoughts.
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:27 pm

snowshoeing? really? Come on Olds. If you are trying to raise an point at least make it a good one....

thats even worse than going downhill skiing in the prairies.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:30 pm

Talon wrote:Aren't you getting married now or something? You'll have plenty of time to work seven days a week later in life when you two end up hating each other...

Woman is in Costa Rica. Otherwise I would be in Edmonton with her on Weekends.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:05 am

ryguy79 wrote:You've been a workaholic for a long long time.

I used to just think i was passionate about it my job. Because I had so much fun working with my hands, creating something really nice from scratch.

Now I just dont know. I have always been a grinder, so I rarely look up from the grindstone. I look up for two reasons: Whatever I was grinding is finished, or someone gives me a very convincing argument to look up.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:27 am

Whatever happened to your promising Golf pursuit?

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:15 am

Swerve wrote:Whatever happened to your promising Golf pursuit?

Good question. I took it as far as I could as a junior golfer. When I turned 18 I was forced to look up and make a choice between an education in engineering or a career in golf. I do remember the lengthy discussions I had with my parents about whether to pursue a golf scholarship or get a degree in engineering. (I knew I couldn't play on the golf team and get a degree in engineering at the same time. I just never could have done it, both require so much time). I decided against going on a golf scholarship after I saw a bunch of the guys older than me come back to Canada after a year at an American School.

I never would have made it as a professional golfer, I was pretty sure of it. I just wasn't good enough. I decided to end competitive golf on a high note and just continue to play for fun. Whether I ever could have made it big who knows. I doubt it, and I certainly don't regret hanging it up when I did.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:41 am

Fair enough. Plus, you can always throw on a wig and hit the women's circuit if the engineering thing doesn't pan out.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:43 am

You laugh, but those women are fucking good man.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:49 am

I watched the first three drives of some women's golf tournament on today. They were the joint leaders or something.

First shot into a bunker on the right.
Second shot off in the trees to the left.
Third shot reasonable.

It's some international event too, because the third woman was from Missauga, CAN.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:01 am

Swerve wrote:I watched the first three drives of some women's golf tournament on today. They were the joint leaders or something.

First shot into a bunker on the right.
Second shot off in the trees to the left.
Third shot reasonable.

It's some international event too, because the third woman was from Missauga, CAN.

:roflmao: :roflmao:
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:40 am

millertime wrote:snowshoeing? really? Come on Olds. If you are trying to raise an point at least make it a good one....

fuck man, if you get your jollies by being in an office in a suit then fine.... but stop your bitching
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:06 pm

Swerve wrote:Whatever happened to your promising Golf pursuit?

He decided to keep his Civic in the end.

bad-ump pish.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:15 pm

Olds wrote:
millertime wrote:snowshoeing? really? Come on Olds. If you are trying to raise an point at least make it a good one....

fuck man, if you get your jollies by being in an office in a suit then fine.... but stop your bitching

I work out of a mobile trailer and I wear carhartts to work........

I only bitch because I would rather be back in BC where my family is, where the good skiing is, and where we have green grass pretty much all year long. Plus, for the last year I only got to see my fiance on the weekends. I didn't choose Cold Lake. They sent me here when I applied to the edmonton office for a field engineer job. I chose to work in Edmonton because my fiance had to finish her school up.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:17 pm

millertime wrote:
Olds wrote:

I only bitch because I would rather be back in BC where my family is, where the good skiing is, and where we have green grass pretty much all year long. Plus, for the last year I only got to see my fiance on the weekends. I didn't choose Cold Lake. They sent me here when I applied to the edmonton office for a field engineer job. I chose to work in Edmonton because my fiance had to finish her school up.

Next time your down here we should really go grab a beer. :cheers:
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:22 pm

thewalrus wrote:
millertime wrote:
Olds wrote:

Next time your down here we should really go grab a beer. :cheers:

I am thinking about comming down for the long weekend. Not sure where I will stay yet though.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluntman Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:56 pm

millertime wrote:You laugh, but those women are fucking good man.
Yes like Natalie Gulbis. :cheers:
So our superintendent told me I need to go and do something besides work this weekend. Natali10
So our superintendent told me I need to go and do something besides work this weekend. Natali11
Bluntman
Bluntman

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:59 pm

holy shit. you'd think those tits would get in the way of a decent swing
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:02 pm

THANK YOU BLUNT. you turned this into a worthwhile thread.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by fish Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:10 pm

holy fuck blunt comes in with a winner

fish
On some boards, you might have Jefferson's Status. Here, naught but misery.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:21 pm

Bluntman wrote:
millertime wrote:You laugh, but those women are fucking good man.
Yes like Natalie Gulbis. :cheers:
So our superintendent told me I need to go and do something besides work this weekend. Natali10

Those boobs are unreal :blowjobface:

She reminds me a lot of AnNa Kournikova.. just prettier.
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down