Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

microsoft is laying off up to 5k people

+2
Olds
big_jesus
6 posters

Go down

microsoft is laying off up to 5k people Empty microsoft is laying off up to 5k people

Post by big_jesus Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:14 pm

i'm not on or near the chopping block, nor is anyone in my company, thankfully. it's all actual MS personnel, i think. HR, R&D, IT, marketing, sales, and finance. MS grew by 2% this year in revenue.
big_jesus
big_jesus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

microsoft is laying off up to 5k people Empty Re: microsoft is laying off up to 5k people

Post by big_jesus Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:28 pm

annnnnnnnnnnnnd it looks like merit increases for next september's review have been frozen. no raise this year.
big_jesus
big_jesus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

microsoft is laying off up to 5k people Empty Re: microsoft is laying off up to 5k people

Post by Olds Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:33 pm

where do you work bj?
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:54 pm

i work for a digital/interactive advertising/marketing agency, but my parent company is microsoft. :undies:
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:57 pm

:undies:
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:09 pm

these guys are fucking bullshit.

balmer deserves to fucking die. fucking bald-headed idiot. somebody ought to put fucking arsenic in his hotblackfuckingcockdog.

these assholes have 40 fucking billion in CASH. fucking CASH. they could pay all these scat clowns their full fucking salaries for the rest of their pissant lives without ever selling another fucking shitty copy of windows.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:41 pm

It all comes down to monitoring office workers.

Probably logged their key strokes and found out that about 5000 people weren't as productive as they should be.

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by fish Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:16 pm

5000 people wnet to redtube.com

fish
On some boards, you might have Jefferson's Status. Here, naught but misery.

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:47 pm

WHY CANT I GET LAID OFF????????
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:23 am

probably because you spend your entire day at work. show up at 10, leave at lunch. call around 4pm, say you were stuck in traffic.

do it every day. make your full time job a part time job. then it's like a half layoff, but you still get paid.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:12 pm

Aristotle wrote:probably because you spend your entire day at work. show up at 10, leave at lunch. call around 4pm, say you were stuck in traffic.

do it every day. make your full time job a part time job. then it's like a half layoff, but you still get paid.

Then I wouldn't be able to put "superstar project coordinator" on My resume.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down