Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, who's going to drag down the other's reliability?

+3
Swerve
SBF
JaysonAych
7 posters

Go down

So, who's going to drag down the other's reliability? Empty Re: So, who's going to drag down the other's reliability?

Post by SBF Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:18 am

Hmmm, that's a good question. But I thought Fiat's were rather reliable?
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

So, who's going to drag down the other's reliability? Empty Re: So, who's going to drag down the other's reliability?

Post by Swerve Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:44 am

SBF wrote:Hmmm, that's a good question. But I thought Fiat's were rather reliable?

Nope. But I thought GM had to pay FIAT to break their association because Fiat were the giant loser of the two companies??? Now they have the cash to take stakes?

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:38 pm

Swerve wrote:
SBF wrote:Hmmm, that's a good question. But I thought Fiat's were rather reliable?

Nope. But I thought GM had to pay FIAT to break their association because Fiat were the giant loser of the two companies??? Now they have the cash to take stakes?

According to their annual reports, they netted 2 billion euro in 2007. Sounds like now that they're away from GM, they have some cash to throw around.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:34 pm

there is no cash in this transaction, its just you have 35% stack in us sort of a thing.

I hope Fiat can fix jeep.

1300ZUK
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:39 am

1300ZUK wrote:I hope Fiat can fix jeep.

How should they fix Jeep?
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:00 am

JaysonAych wrote:
Swerve wrote:

According to their annual reports, they netted 2 billion euro in 2007. Sounds like now that they're away from GM, they have some cash to throw around.

I think GM paid them 5 billion to go away.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:37 pm

SBF wrote:
1300ZUK wrote:I hope Fiat can fix jeep.

How should they fix Jeep?

you know make cars that you can actually take offroad that are inexpensive.

remember Jeep is america's sports car, but not the current jeep line up.

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:54 pm

I thought the Corvette was America's sports car...
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:09 pm

Olds wrote:I thought the Corvette was America's sports car...

Not according to Mr. Ferrari.

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by spaced cowboy Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:15 pm

1300ZUK wrote:

true dat. i think the best thing fiat could do is kill off everything but jeep and the pickups. other than that, what's worth keeping?...
spaced cowboy
spaced cowboy
And so the woe continues.
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:33 pm

spaced cowboy wrote:
1300ZUK wrote:

true dat. i think the best thing fiat could do is kill off everything but jeep and the pickups. other than that, what's worth keeping?...

I don't think they're going to make those kinds of drastic changes. Fiat will have a 35% stake, but it sounds like it's going to be more of a technology, dealer network, and platform sharing agreement rather than a full-on merger. I imagine though that they'll replace the Caliber with their lower end models and add in a subcompact as well. Maybe bring in the Strada as a nouveau Rampage or start selling the Ducato instead of the Sprinter since Chrysler no longer has an association with Daimler.

Sadly, looking over Fiat's lineup, I don't see what they have that would adequately replace the Avenger/Sebring.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:48 pm

JaysonAych wrote:Sadly, looking over Fiat's lineup, I don't see what they have that would adequately replace the Avenger/Sebring.

Apparently you haven't looked at Alfa Romeo's lineup :saynomore:
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:53 pm

SBF wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:Sadly, looking over Fiat's lineup, I don't see what they have that would adequately replace the Avenger/Sebring.

Apparently you haven't looked at Alfa Romeo's lineup :saynomore:

I read earlier today that the sharing agreement only includes the Fiat lineup, no Alfas or anything else. Maybe they'll change their minds.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:03 pm

Damn. :curses:
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:56 am

JaysonAych wrote:
spaced cowboy wrote:
1300ZUK wrote:

I don't think they're going to make those kinds of drastic changes. Fiat will have a 35% stake, but it sounds like it's going to be more of a technology, dealer network, and platform sharing agreement rather than a full-on merger. I imagine though that they'll replace the Caliber with their lower end models and add in a subcompact as well. Maybe bring in the Strada as a nouveau Rampage or start selling the Ducato instead of the Sprinter since Chrysler no longer has an association with Daimler.

Sadly, looking over Fiat's lineup, I don't see what they have that would adequately replace the Avenger/Sebring.

Last i knew Daimler still owned about 20% of chrysler :mercifulend:

1300ZUK

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:46 pm

1300ZUK wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:
spaced cowboy wrote:
1300ZUK wrote:

Last i knew Daimler still owned about 20% of chrysler :mercifulend:

I didn't know it was that much...I thought they owned a little bit, though not enough to really affect much. I think Daimler's been reducing their stake and trying to get out, though.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:44 pm

chrysler needs to go. there's already too much capacity. just fucking kill the thing. this is ridiculous.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:20 pm

Can everything and reduce Chrysler to a two model lineup - the Chrylser 500 and Chrysler Panda. That oughta appeal to middle America.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:42 pm

By middle America do you mean Mexico?
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:06 pm

Mexicans and the unemployables.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum