Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many times are they going to call him a hero?

+6
TheLightedPath
thewalrus
Swerve
Olds
JaysonAych
SBF
10 posters

Go down

How many times are they going to call him a hero? Empty How many times are they going to call him a hero?

Post by SBF Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:00 pm

The poor guy isn't even allowed to talk to the press yet and so many people are talking for him. Everybody is calling him a hero and I bet he's getting annoyed. He'd probably say he was just doing his job. He did a hell of a job landing that plane in the water, but they're trained for that.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

How many times are they going to call him a hero? Empty Re: How many times are they going to call him a hero?

Post by JaysonAych Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:14 am

I hate the hero tag being thrown around like Zimbabwean money too. That being said, it was still a remarkable feat to maintain that level of composure and have the result come out damn near perfect.

I read an article about the guy in the Indianapolis Star earlier today, and it sounds like he's a very highly-skilled pilot. Yeah, they get trained to do things like that, but that's still an amazing landing. You're not going to be able to do that 100 times and come away with only a few people injured each time.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

How many times are they going to call him a hero? Empty Re: How many times are they going to call him a hero?

Post by Olds Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Airline pilots earn their keep, man. Crazy tough job I bet.
Olds
Olds
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:02 am

JaysonAych wrote:I hate the hero tag being thrown around like Zimbabwean money too. That being said, it was still a remarkable feat to maintain that level of composure and have the result come out damn near perfect.

I read an article about the guy in the Indianapolis Star earlier today, and it sounds like he's a very highly-skilled pilot. Yeah, they get trained to do things like that, but that's still an amazing landing. You're not going to be able to do that 100 times and come away with only a few people injured each time.

I don't think that could happen more than one in two times without the majority on board DIEING. I have watched enough Air Crash Investigations to know the water landing usually ends in the plane being ripped in half and sharks finishing off the survivors. Probably why a gentle New York river isn't a bad location if it has to happen.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:29 am

Sounds like the entire flight crew (and families!) are going to the Inauguration tomorrow. Pretty cool.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLightedPath Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:53 am

Wow i must not keep up cause i have no freaking clue what you are all talking about.
TheLightedPath
TheLightedPath
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:30 pm

he's talking about the us airways jet that had to do a crash landing in the hudson river. the pilot glided it in with no engines and everyone survived. most without injury. although if you watch the coast guard video of the incident, you can see one dude fall off the wing into the water when they were getting out. :roflmao:

here's how to fail at water landings:

Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:40 pm

I'd try to make the plane skip. :gah
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:41 pm

like a rolling stone
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluntman Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:57 pm

On the news they were playing Mariah Carey's song hero in the background. :unsure:
Bluntman
Bluntman

Back to top Go down

Post by zdc_LarryRX Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:35 pm

Aristotle wrote:he's talking about the us airways jet that had to do a crash landing in the hudson river. the pilot glided it in with no engines and everyone survived. most without injury. although if you watch the coast guard video of the incident, you can see one dude fall off the wing into the water when they were getting out. :roflmao:

here's how to fail at water landings:

"Like a Glove" :roflmao:
zdc_LarryRX
zdc_LarryRX
My mind is littered with anguish, much like the board is littered with my posts.
My mind is littered with anguish, much like the board is littered with my posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:26 am

JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:29 pm

lol lawsuits
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:05 pm

Aristotle wrote:lolsuits

fixed
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:27 am

Then the pilot's a hero for getting it into the air at all...

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:12 pm

big_jesus wrote:
Aristotle wrote:lolsuits

fixed

a quality edit.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down