Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3-time sex offender wins raffle to raise money for sex crime victims

+4
Olds
Omni
Swerve
JaysonAych
8 posters

Go down

3-time sex offender wins raffle to raise money for sex crime victims Empty 3-time sex offender wins raffle to raise money for sex crime victims

Post by JaysonAych Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:11 am

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=9652114 :screamo:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- The winner of the $500,000 lottery drawing came forward Saturday to collect his prize, and the man who will pocket a half-million dollars from a raffle designed to benefit a sex abuse victims charity is a three-time sex offender.

Alec Ahsoak of Anchorage was convicted of sexual abuse of a minor twice in 1993 and once in 2000, according to the Alaska Department of Public Safety Sex Offender/Child Kidnapper Central Registry.

The lottery, which had its drawing Friday night, was conducted by Lucky Times Pull Tabs. State law says all games of chance must benefit charity, and the organization Standing Together Against Rape, or STAR, was the designated beneficiary.

Ahsoak, who will turn 54 later this month, collected his winnings Saturday at Lucky Times in the form of a ceremonial check presentation.

He says he plans to use the money to buy a home and to improve his life, and late Saturday afternoon said he will donate $100,000 to STAR.

Attempts to reach STAR for comment on Saturday were not successful.

When Channel 2 News first met up with Ahsoak, he couldn't have been more excited. But as the day unfolded, Ahsoak's past came to light in an ironic intersection with the mission of the event.

Ahsoak says he's had a hard-luck life, and the money will help him turn that around. He grew up in foster homes and the Jesse Lee Home for Children in Seward.

In the past he said he has donated money to a children's home in South Dakota, but that could not immediately be verified.

Lucky Times' owners said they started the lottery with the best of intentions and really just wanted to help out a cause they believe in.

They hope just as many residents will want to participate in the charity lotteries to come.

After taxes Ahsoak took home about $350,000.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

3-time sex offender wins raffle to raise money for sex crime victims Empty Re: 3-time sex offender wins raffle to raise money for sex crime victims

Post by Swerve Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:27 am

JaysonAych wrote:
The lottery, which had its drawing Friday night, was conducted by Lucky Times Pull Tabs. State law says all games of chance must benefit charity, and the organization Standing Together Against Rape, or STAR, was the designated beneficiary.

I read that as "Lucky Crimes Pull Tabs".

Actually I didn't. When scanning the document I did read "Lucky Rape". Then I re-read and couldn't work out how. But now I notice "Rape" is written on the line below... :gah

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

3-time sex offender wins raffle to raise money for sex crime victims Empty Re: 3-time sex offender wins raffle to raise money for sex crime victims

Post by Swerve Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:36 am

Woe

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:51 pm

Omni
Omni
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:36 pm

:roflmao:
Olds
Olds
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:25 am

Shit :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I wouldn't cop to winning a lottery to some random dude at the mall. Especially if there was a chance I'd done something in my past that was made public and might make me universally loathed.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:17 am

JaysonAych wrote:Shit :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I wouldn't cop to winning a lottery to some random dude at the mall. Especially if there was a chance I'd done something in my past that was made public and might make me universally loathed.

Exactly. My answer would definitely have been "no."
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:39 am

Dude deserved it, drinking a Pepsi and shit. Good god.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:42 pm

agreed, wally. agreed.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:56 pm

thewalrus wrote:Dude deserved it, drinking a Pepsi and shit. Good god.
I drink pepsi max every day. :dunnas:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:18 am

dunnas wrote:

As I understand it, your Pepsi Max is actually pretty awesome. Our Pepsi Max is a different formula, which is basically just Diet Pepsi (the worst beverage ever concocted) with ginseng, taurine, and a bunch of other fruity XTR3M3!!!11!1!! shit put into it.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:45 am

dunnas wrote:

That's why that girl you told us about hit you and made a hole from which your tooth could be seen remember?
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum