Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nissan 370Z

+14
millertime
big_jesus
xtine
Olds
GregTX
dunnas
Omni
Talon
thewalrus
Dodge
spaced cowboy
Aristotle
JaysonAych
Honor
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nissan 370Z - Page 2 Empty Re: Nissan 370Z

Post by spaced cowboy Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:15 pm

thewalrus wrote:
spaced cowboy wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Talon wrote:330 hp for 30k... Who can argue that?

I can. It's too much power for too little money. Just encourages young, upstarts like you and I to experience the thrill of a high powered, low cost sports car right before the heavy hand of reality bitch-smacks us upside the head with 2.5 kids, a white picket fence and an underpowered FWD minivan.

Fuck Nissan.
you get the minivan if you want, i'm saving up for a honda fit. i may get lame, but i'll insist on smart thinking and quality engineering in my lameness...

I really like the Fit. Probably my favorite small car next to the Mini.

I went with the Civic, but if they had had a Fit Sport with the 5 speed on the lot it'd have been a close one.
i really like the civic (more than the fit), but i don't really feel like spending the extra money, and the extra hatch space in the fit would be convenient.

just keep the civic, you don't need the minivan, people just foolishly think they do. you can just rent the extra capacity if the need ever arises...
spaced cowboy
spaced cowboy
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:41 pm

i love the honda fit. this year's refresh is pretty nice.
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:10 am

spaced cowboy wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
honor man wrote:i dont know why anyone would ever want to have kids. theyre expensive as fuck and its a pain in the ass to raise them. :gah

Here's the problem. We're engaged almost in a sort of reverse evolution. idiots are breeding like jackrabbits. Intelligent people, however, in large measure, are choosing your route. Pursing their own interests etc. Not having kids for ecological reaons. Not having kids for economical reasons. Not having kids simply because they don't see why they should. Basically opting out of the whole breeding game.
hey, i'm breeding. i want to be a parent, and i'm looking forward to it. i know a fair number of pretty smart people with kids, so i'm not sure the theory holds water. i think the idiots get the publicity, but they did even a hundred years ago (think of all the "social improvement" movements and eugenics crap, and the stories used to justify it).

the species will survive, inspite of the stupidity of the individuals. we may suffer a civilizational crash in the process, but in our own materialistic ignorance, we may very well deserve that...

The problem is that you'll have one or two kids while the idiots will have 7. :roflmao:
Omni
Omni
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:13 am

Aristotle wrote:i love the honda fit. this year's refresh is pretty nice.

Agreed. It's really an incredible little car. I heard they were contemplating a hybrid version at some point. That would rock. 5 speed, Fit hybrid? Shit. Sign me up. I'd trade in the Civic tomorrow.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:15 am

Omni wrote:
spaced cowboy wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
honor man wrote:i dont know why anyone would ever want to have kids. theyre expensive as fuck and its a pain in the ass to raise them. :gah

Here's the problem. We're engaged almost in a sort of reverse evolution. idiots are breeding like jackrabbits. Intelligent people, however, in large measure, are choosing your route. Pursing their own interests etc. Not having kids for ecological reaons. Not having kids for economical reasons. Not having kids simply because they don't see why they should. Basically opting out of the whole breeding game.
hey, i'm breeding. i want to be a parent, and i'm looking forward to it. i know a fair number of pretty smart people with kids, so i'm not sure the theory holds water. i think the idiots get the publicity, but they did even a hundred years ago (think of all the "social improvement" movements and eugenics crap, and the stories used to justify it).

the species will survive, inspite of the stupidity of the individuals. we may suffer a civilizational crash in the process, but in our own materialistic ignorance, we may very well deserve that...

The problem is that you'll have one or two kids while the idiots will have 7. :roflmao:

Yep. It's like that fucking "Duggar" family that's whelping out, what, 17 kids now or some shit. You'd like to think that one or two of their spawn will rebel and get an education, become conscious, thinking adults. But you know the vast majority won't. They'll follow their parents right to the 'end times'.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:06 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:
spaced cowboy wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

Yep. It's like that fucking "Duggar" family that's whelping out, what, 17 kids now or some shit. You'd like to think that one or two of their spawn will rebel and get an education, become conscious, thinking adults. But you know the vast majority won't. They'll follow their parents right to the 'end times'.

Watch the end of days actually come and people like that start ascending to heaven while we all descend into the pits of hell. :roflmao:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:22 pm

Omni wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:
spaced cowboy wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

Watch the end of days actually come and people like that start ascending to heaven while we all descend into the pits of hell. :roflmao:

Heaven'll suck anyway. An eternety with the Duggers, Pat Robinson, Jerry Fallwell, et. al? Thank, but no thanks.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:51 pm

thewalrus wrote:

Agreed. It's really an incredible little car. I heard they were contemplating a hybrid version at some point. That would rock. 5 speed, Fit hybrid? Shit. Sign me up. I'd trade in the Civic tomorrow.

i'll tell you what we really need, wally. we need an AWD fit sport. honda needs to find a way to come up with a lighter version of the sh-awd used by acura and keep fuel economy up. i'd probably even go as far as adding a small turbo.

AWD fit? count me in.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:55 pm

Aristotle wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

i'll tell you what we really need, wally. we need an AWD fit sport. honda needs to find a way to come up with a lighter version of the sh-awd used by acura and keep fuel economy up. i'd probably even go as far as adding a small turbo.

AWD fit? count me in.

I just had a small, but very discernable orgasm thinking about that.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:56 pm

the lack of awd is really the only thing that is keeping the fit from being the perfect car.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:04 pm

Aristotle wrote:the lack of awd is really the only thing that is keeping the fit from being the perfect car.

Make it run off algae sourced bio-diesel while you're at it too. + hybrid drive train and a manual transmission.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:05 pm

As long as we're creating our 'ideal car'. That'd be about it for me.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:09 pm

i'm mailing a letter to honda.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:14 pm

Aristotle wrote:i'm mailing a letter to honda.

I'll do the same. They can't ignore the collective voices of two people.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:15 pm

Especially when those two people are you and I!

:chicken:
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:17 pm

thewalrus wrote:

Yes, i've seen the movie Idiocracy too. :dunnas:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:19 pm

dunnas wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

I haven't seen it actually.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:57 pm

thewalrus wrote:
dunnas wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

You should. The whole premise of the movie is a future based on your reverse evolution paragraph.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:03 pm

JaysonAych wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
dunnas wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

You should. The whole premise of the movie is a future based on your reverse evolution paragraph.

haha holy shit. That's awesome.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:27 pm

thewalrus wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
dunnas wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

haha holy shit. That's awesome.

Here's the introduction (some nsfw language) http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1597642154209383351&ei=KUhlScbQNY3m-AGFoJmKCA&hl=en

JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:34 pm

It's made by the office space guy too. :dunnas:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by spaced cowboy Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:41 pm

Omni wrote:
spaced cowboy wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

yes, but i will have the money, power, and corrupt religious leaders telling him what to do on my side.

an in-bred underclass to do menial work does serve a purpose after all...
spaced cowboy
spaced cowboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:43 pm

Aristotle wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

AWD fit? count me in.

That would be sweet. I was considering a fit before I bought the Subaru. I only like the 09's, though and they're like $16-17k for the Sport Edition. It is a little too small for me and worries me if I ever got in an accident - and I know they have side impact aribags but they can only do so much getting hit my a Yukon.

I can't remember if it were the Yaris or Fit that had very close slalom speeds to the 911.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by GregTX Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:36 pm

Here's the problem. We're engaged

Congrats wally. I'll make sure to forward this on to the appropriate people.

I do think, however, you should refrain from discussing anything remotely automotive. I'm going to ask jayson to implement this policy retroactively.
GregTX
GregTX
Did I mention how rueful and woeful I am?

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:46 pm

spaced cowboy wrote:it's leaner and meaner. it's not cleaner,

i bet it's the dream car of every beaner.

probably drinks a lot of gasoliner.

definitely one badass machiner.
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:46 pm

GregTX wrote:

I do think, however, you should refrain from discussing anything remotely automotive. I'm going to ask jayson to implement this policy retroactively.

Why?
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by GregTX Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:12 pm

thewalrus wrote:
GregTX wrote:

Why?

its not me, its the hangover talking. I'll feeling slightly better now.
GregTX
GregTX
Did I mention how rueful and woeful I am?

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:26 pm

We saw a 370Z on the way to work yesterday. It was so pretty. wub The driver was a young guy who had just bought it yesterday and said his hands were still shaking. It was pretty speedy too.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:42 pm

Aristotle wrote:yeah, i think it's an improvement of the 350 in every way possible.

agreed.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:44 pm

thewalrus wrote:

YOU TWO ARE ENGAGED!?!? :aris:
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:49 pm

big_jesus wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

Yes. Honor and I are engaged. He drove up to Edmonton to propose, presented me with a nice engagement ring encased in a stylish metal bar and I accepted.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:51 pm

oh. honor. okay, thank god. i was about to talk you out of the worst mistake you've ever made, but this is actually kind of teneble. i bet he'd make a wonderful, cuddly-caring type mate.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:11 pm

thewalrus wrote:
big_jesus wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

Yes. Honor and I are engaged. He drove up to Edmonton to propose, presented me with a nice engagement ring encased in a stylish metal bar and I accepted.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Did the cum on his own face afterwards?
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:20 pm

Olds wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
big_jesus wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Did the cum on his own face afterwards?

Naturally. What with the excitement and all it reached clear from the chin to his (receding) hairline.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:09 am

xtine wrote:We saw a 370Z on the way to work yesterday. It was so pretty. wub The driver was a young guy who had just bought it yesterday and said his hands were still shaking. It was pretty speedy too.

Quite different from what I saw on the way to work today. On a two-lane side road, just as Duran Duran's "The Reflex" came on the radio, a DeLorean passed me coming from the other direction. It was the mid-1980's in Louisville for like 3 seconds.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:13 am

JaysonAych wrote:
xtine wrote:We saw a 370Z on the way to work yesterday. It was so pretty. wub The driver was a young guy who had just bought it yesterday and said his hands were still shaking. It was pretty speedy too.

Quite different from what I saw on the way to work today. On a two-lane side road, just as Duran Duran's "The Reflex" came on the radio, a DeLorean passed me coming from the other direction. It was the mid-1980's in Louisville for like 3 seconds.

:roflmao: :roflmao:
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:40 pm

Can I ask a question. Why does anyone like Dogs. All they do is shit all over your yard and eat dog food which costs money.
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:43 pm

Aristotle wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

AWD fit? count me in.

what we need is an AWD civic. Thats what we need.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:43 pm

millertime wrote:

Can I ask a question. Why does anyone like Dogs. All they do is shit all over your yard and eat dog food which costs money.

Honor just doesnt' understand Miller. I'm with you though. I want kids. One or two. No more than that though.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:43 pm

millertime wrote:
Aristotle wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

AWD fit? count me in.

what we need is an AWD civic. Thats what we need.

Oh fuck yes. If my car was AWD? Jesus. It'd be the perfect car.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next