Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weirdos in seattle

+5
Honor
VS
JaysonAych
thewalrus
Aristotle
9 posters

Go down

weirdos in seattle Empty weirdos in seattle

Post by Aristotle Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:20 pm

http://www.komonews.com/news/36990559.html

By Luke Duecy & KOMO Staff Watch the story SEATTLE -- Friends and co-workers of the man who died after being shot by police officers early Thursday morning are speaking up in his defense, calling him a harmless history buff.

A man dressed in a World War II German military uniform was shot several times when he pointed a bayonet-style military rifle at officers during a bizarre incident. The 22-year-old man died of his injuries hours later at the hospital.

KOMO News has confirmed the man's identity through sources, but has chosen not to identify him as the King County Medical Examiner's Office has not yet released that information.

The University of Washington student was shot after police responded to a report of gunshots fired in a back alley in the 5200 block of 17th Avenue Northeast at about 1:55 a.m. Thursday.

A neighbor said he saw about five men dressed in dark clothing and military uniforms - one with a rifle, another with a shotgun - firing their weapons. The men fled when police arrived.

During a house-to-house search, the 22-year-old man came out of the front door, armed with a military-style infantry rifle with a large bayonet on the end. The rifle was aimed in the officers' direction.

Officers yelled "drop the weapon" several times, but the man did not respond, according to police.

The man then pointed the rifle directly at the two officers, and would not surrender, officials said. Fearing for their safety, and for the safety of the public, police opened fire and struck the man several times. He died hours later.

Friends of the man shared a similar reaction to the shooting -- disbelief over the alleged actions of the man who many describe as harmless.

"I just started crying. It just didn't seem real," said Mallory Lopriore, a friend. "I'm sure he was shocked to see police in the first place."

At the Red Mill Burger Shop in Phinney Ridge where the man worked the counter for the past two and a half years, as many as 20 workers are struggling to make sense of the tragedy.

"It wasn't his intention to hurt anybody," said Siri Longaker, a friend.

"It literally makes no sense," said Lopriore.

During a search of the house after the shooting, police found a large amount of military attire and Nazi regalia and paraphernalia. There was also a large amount of alcohol in the residence.

Friends said the man was a history major who liked to dress up in period costumes. Co-workers described a time when he came to work wearing lederhosen only to leave wearing a full-on Civil War uniform.

"He's a history buff. I mean, there's a big, big difference," said a male co-worker.

Unsettled, the man's co-workers placed candles and flowers in the window of the restaurant in his honor.

"We don't know what to do right now. We're all in shock," said Michael Shepherd, the man's employer.

"He has a lot of friends and a lot of people who care about him and miss him," said Longaker.

Seattle Police Chief Gil Kerlikowske said he believes alcohol played a role in the tragedy.

Officers involved in the shooting have been placed on paid administrative leave during the investigation as is standard such cases.

Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

weirdos in seattle Empty Re: weirdos in seattle

Post by thewalrus Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:45 pm

Sounds like a fair shooting to me.

Plus the guy was a wierdo.

Probably has to do with all the garbage piling up in Seattle - forces all the lunatics into the streets.
thewalrus
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:51 pm

yeah, dude. it's like 1984 and shit here.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:15 am

There was also a large amount of alcohol in the residence.

Yeah, that's shocking.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:46 am

haha yeah. i was watching a brief thing about it on the news, and the cops were saying the dude had some kind of pet name for his rifle with the bayonet.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:05 am

Aristotle wrote:haha yeah. i was watching a brief thing about it on the news, and the cops were saying the dude had some kind of pet name for his rifle with the bayonet.

Was it "Suicide by Cop?"
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:37 am

I have a dream of getting killed by cops while flailing a fake gun about, and wearing a t-shirt underneath another shirt that says "made you suicide by cop"
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:01 pm

nazis, alcohol...

sounds like my kind of guy
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:12 pm

nazi dude was a pretty cool guy. he likes guns and doesn't afraid of anything.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by fish Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:02 am

prolly smellly all rich and eccentric and shit

fish
On some boards, you might have Jefferson's Status. Here, naught but misery.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:44 am

Aristotle wrote:nazi dude was a pretty cool guy. he likes guns and doesn't afraid of anything.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: He's just like Halo.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:40 pm

Officers involved in the shooting have been placed on paid administrative leave during the investigation as is standard such cases.

man if i were a cop i would just LOOK for a reason to cap a motherfucker. kill a guy get paid vacay.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:08 pm

SAYIN
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:17 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: I never thought of that before :speedowethimself:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:32 am

i bet that gun looks plastic as fuck
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:30 am

there was no gun, dude. they just write that shit in there to keep jesse jackson away.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:07 am

honor man wrote:nazis, alcohol...

sounds like my kind of guy

If only you were kidding... :roflmao:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:56 am

Honor, what is your obsession with Nazis and Hitler? Your XBL avatar looks like a little too happy Hitler.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum