Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My cellphone sucks

+2
Aristotle
millertime
6 posters

Go down

My cellphone sucks Empty My cellphone sucks

Post by millertime Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:39 pm

Its 4 years old, I just cracked the screeen, and my providor is charging me for caller ID because my contract expired.

I really dont use it for much except 200-400 minutes of long distance per month. about 5-10 text messages (sent and recieved), I havn't decided if I will use it much for personal email or not. I dont really need it for work at all as the only time my work emails fly back and forth is during 7am and 7pm when I am on site. If I need a blackberry for work my company will get one. That said, I think in the next year or two having my personal email accessible 24/7 might come in handy, as would GPS, and possibly some tunes.

My question is, should I get a compact smart phone can do everything (like the blackberry pearl flip?). Or should I just get one of those do everything larger phones like the bold, or Iphone, or HTC touch.

Hey Pennz, do you like the new bold? or would you go back to an HTC model next time?
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

My cellphone sucks Empty Re: My cellphone sucks

Post by Aristotle Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:47 pm

fuck that noise. buy a prepaid phone and fuck all that contract/email/whatever bullshit. get an ipod if you want to listen to music.

also, phone gps pales in comparison to garmin shit in the car. my garmin gets a signal anywhere. the phone is limited to a tower zone.

use the money you save to buy some cool shit like a ps3 or tampons.

also, the bold is a nice blackberry. my friend has one, and she let me fool around with it. HTC is overkill in my opinion.

nevertheless, iphone > than all those.
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:58 pm

Aristotle wrote:fuck that noise. buy a prepaid phone and fuck all that contract/email/whatever bullshit. get an ipod if you want to listen to music.

also, phone gps pales in comparison to garmin shit in the car. my garmin gets a signal anywhere. the phone is limited to a tower zone.

also, the bold is a nice blackberry. my friend has one, and she let me fool around with it. HTC is overkill in my opinion.

1) If I was to buy a prepaid phone I might as well use my current shitty phone. I end up using the same phone for longer than my contract is anyway. contracts are cheaper in the long run that month to month prepaid

2)I'll conceed the GPS shit, maybe I'll ask for a garmin for christmas

3)if I wanted a PS3 I would already own one. I already put away twice what I earn anyway.

4)Why is the iphone better than the bold.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:56 pm

I think I am going to go with the pearl flip phone. Now I just need to find a rogers plan that isn't going to rape me on the long distance charges.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:07 pm

the iphone is brilliant at the basic stuff...but after that the bold walks away from it. aside from blackberry's horrendous PC software limiting my ability to put music on the bold, i never use my itouch anymore. for the email integration, depth of features and customisation its no competition.

from what ive heard/read the htc touch hd moves the game on in a different league completely. if i were to get rid of the bold, id get a htc touch hd. im not a huge fan of the bb storm....i think it needs a generation or two of refining before they nail the touchscreen market....by which time god knows what htc might be dreaming up

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:13 pm

I just dont want a touch only navigation. the touch dual looks not too bad. Its kind of a tie between the bb flip and the touch dual.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:11 pm

Aris too bad you only got to fool around with her phone and not her vagina. Bummer, man.
Olds
Olds
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:59 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:the iphone is brilliant at the basic stuff...but after that the bold walks away from it. aside from blackberry's horrendous PC software limiting my ability to put music on the bold, i never use my itouch anymore. for the email integration, depth of features and customisation its no competition.

from what ive heard/read the htc touch hd moves the game on in a different league completely. if i were to get rid of the bold, id get a htc touch hd. im not a huge fan of the bb storm....i think it needs a generation or two of refining before they nail the touchscreen market....by which time god knows what htc might be dreaming up

OMG This guy trying to talk us onto why his bold is better than ihphones :curses:

We've gone a thousands times over this AF... media playback on the bold is not even close. Nor is web surfing. Nor is the interface. The blackberry is better for work things and that's it.
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:42 pm

you dont have a bold. you've never used one. your opinion doesnt count

I have an itouch, a bold and the past 2 generations of HTC phones sat in front of me this very second.

HTC are THE best smartphone manufacturer right now. Theres a good reason why so many manufacturers just rebrand HTC's hardware instead of designing their own. WM is the only limiting factor. If WM7 is as good as it could be nothing will live with them. In terms of hardware theyre already way ahead of everyone else.

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:17 pm

Olds wrote:Aris too bad you only got to fool around with her phone and not her vagina. Bummer, man.

it's not a bummer, trust me. :eww:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:31 pm

millertime wrote:
Aristotle wrote:fuck that noise. buy a prepaid phone and fuck all that contract/email/whatever bullshit. get an ipod if you want to listen to music.

1) If I was to buy a prepaid phone I might as well use my current shitty phone. I end up using the same phone for longer than my contract is anyway. contracts are cheaper in the long run that month to month prepaid

3)if I wanted a PS3 I would already own one. I already put away twice what I earn anyway.

prepaid here is based around minutes used. i didn't realize they were time-based-only up there. i rarely use my phone, so the cost/use ratio is absurd. a pre-paid would only cost me about $100/yr rather than the $50/mo that i pay now.

the iphone is geared toward the non-work user. screen rules; os is simple; calls are clear (good reception); itunes onboard; fun customizations, etc. it's just a fun phone. the bold is all business and geared toward email. works well, but the screen is tiny; keyboard is nice. still, it's boring.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:16 pm

Aristotle wrote:
millertime wrote:

prepaid here is based around minutes used. i didn't realize they were time-based-only up there. i rarely use my phone, so the cost/use ratio is absurd. a pre-paid would only cost me about $100/yr rather than the $50/mo that i pay now.

the iphone is geared toward the non-work user. screen rules; os is simple; calls are clear (good reception); itunes onboard; fun customizations, etc. it's just a fun phone. the bold is all business and geared toward email. works well, but the screen is tiny; keyboard is nice. still, it's boring.

Pre-paid would rape me on Long distance. Right now I pay $0.05/minute for long distance. If I went with a prepaid I would be paying $0.25/minute. If the majority of my calls were local a pre-paid plan would probably work for me, as they tend to throw in caller ID with it.

As for a fun phone I dont really care too much. I just want a solid working boring phone that can make phone calls, send and recieve occasional texts or emails, and I am still undecided whether I need mobile browsing or not (it may help for finding restaurants and stuff though....)
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:48 pm

mobile browsing rules.

man, i can't believe how badly you guys get raped on calling plans.

also, sony ericsson makes great phones, but they don't have keyboards like the blackberries, so they're not good for email. frankly, nothing is as good as a blackberry for email.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:34 pm

Its seems that blackberries are the best for push email. Which is what I want. Now I need to decide what blackberry to get. Do I really need a bold? or will the curve do? I checked out the pearl flip and it is not quite as small and compact as I was hoping.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:46 pm

yeah, none of them are that small, unfortunately.

the bold has a real nice screen, and supposedly the os is a bit better.

i'm not sure of the price points, but if they're similar, i'd probably go with the bold.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:00 pm

Aristotle wrote:yeah, none of them are that small, unfortunately.

the bold has a real nice screen, and supposedly the os is a bit better.

i'm not sure of the price points, but if they're similar, i'd probably go with the bold.

$100 difference with a 3 year contract. But only one carrier carries the bold.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:15 am

fffffffuck
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete.Z Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:16 pm

Pete.Z
Pete.Z
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down