Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God damn it, I'm nervous about tomorrow.

+6
Omni
big_jesus
Les_Vipers_rule
Pete.Z
Olds
TheWoerus
10 posters

Go down

God damn it, I'm nervous about tomorrow. Empty God damn it, I'm nervous about tomorrow.

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:29 pm

The polls are all looking good. Between 5 and 12 points between Obama and McCain. The States are looking good - Pennsylvania seems safe, Virgina will probably go blue, Colorado and New Mexico both seem to be in the Obama Camp, and even Ohio and Florida look like they'll split in favor of Obama... although, obviously, both are still up in the air.

But I'm still really, really nervous.

Prop.8 looks like it'll be a crap shoot too - with polls putting the 'Nos' ahead by a couple points.

GAHHHHHHG AHHGA HH

Tomorrow at work is going to fucking SUCK.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

God damn it, I'm nervous about tomorrow. Empty Re: God damn it, I'm nervous about tomorrow.

Post by Olds Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:43 pm

What is proposition 8?
Olds
Olds
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

God damn it, I'm nervous about tomorrow. Empty Re: God damn it, I'm nervous about tomorrow.

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:56 pm

Olds wrote:What is proposition 8?

Gay marriage in California. It's a proposition to amend the constitution to explicitly prohibit gay "marriage". So a yes vote is against gay marriage, a no vote is for it. I, voted no, and it looks like we're polling a couple points better, but most pundits / pollsters are calling it a toss up.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:04 pm

Cool

I'm all for gay marriage.
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete.Z Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:06 pm

Gay marriage legal, one of these days you guys will be dragged into the 20 century if things go on like this.
Pete.Z
Pete.Z
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete.Z Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:06 pm

Olds wrote:Cool

Would you marry me to get me a green card? wub
Pete.Z
Pete.Z

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:09 pm

Pete.Z wrote:Gay marriage legal, one of these days you guys will be dragged into the 20 century if things go on like this.

Well, here's hoping you're forced to eat your words on Nov. 5th. I seem to recall at least one European AFer suggesting that Obama won't get elected.

I'm far too seriously concerned to post an emoticon after that witty retort though, because I honestly think there's a chance that something shitty is going to go down.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:48 pm

Obama's grand mother dies

Tough way to end his long campaign. Hopefully the pain of it can be muted a little bit with him winning on the 4th.

Best wishes to him and his family.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Pete.Z wrote:Gay marriage legal, one of these days you guys will be dragged into the 20 century if things go on like this.

Canada has had it for a few years now and guess what? The world did not end and typical straight marriage did not end either. I think the number of divorces is more of an issue than the few percent of gay marriages we see.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:55 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:Obama's grand mother dies

Tough way to end his long campaign. Hopefully the pain of it can be muted a little bit with him winning on the 4th.

Best wishes to him and his family.

Oh no. I was really hoping she'd live to see her grandson elected. I feel absolutely terrible for Obama right now. What a time for this to happen.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete.Z Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:03 pm

TheWoerus wrote:

Well, here's hoping you're forced to eat your words on Nov. 5th. I seem to recall at least one European AFer suggesting that Obama won't get elected.

I'm far too seriously concerned to post an emoticon after that witty retort though, because I honestly think there's a chance that something shitty is going to go down.

Wally, in all honesty, nobody would be more happy then me when Obama wins.
I would love the US even more when it's mature enough to elect a black president. :cheers:
Pete.Z
Pete.Z

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:06 pm

Pete.Z wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:

I would love the US even more when it's mature enough to elect a black president. :cheers:

Oh I know man. And I think that we are. I think that the US will elect a black president tomorrow. A quote that keeps running through my head, about Barack - "If we don't elect this man, we don't deserve him."

On the plus side, my home state, the always progressive California looks to be supporting Obama with record numbers. Obama may actually beat out McCain by over 20 points there - twice as many as Gore or Kerry earned.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:28 pm

Pete.Z wrote:

Man, I honestly have no idea how many times I've told you I'm Canadian.
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:18 pm

:roflmao:
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete.Z Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:20 pm

Olds wrote:
Pete.Z wrote:

Man, I honestly have no idea how many times I've told you I'm Canadian.

Shit,you are.
Forget it,I can get to Canada anytime I want.
Pete.Z
Pete.Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete.Z Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:21 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
Pete.Z wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:

Oh I know man. And I think that we are. I think that the US will elect a black president tomorrow. A quote that keeps running through my head, about Barack - "If we don't elect this man, we don't deserve him."

On the plus side, my home state, the always progressive California looks to be supporting Obama with record numbers. Obama may actually beat out McCain by over 20 points there - twice as many as Gore or Kerry earned.

And Wally, sorry for being the cynical bastard again,but his grandmother died on exact the right time,that alone will give him 2 states extra.....
Pete.Z
Pete.Z

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:24 pm

Pete.Z wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
Pete.Z wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:

And Wally, sorry for being the cynical bastard again,but his grandmother died on exact the right time,that alone will give him 2 states extra.....

Yeah, but I don't think it will change the ultimate outcome of the election.

It does blunt the last minute GOP argument that Obama shouldn't have travelled out there to see her during the campaign.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:55 pm

I'm going to vote tomorrow morning. Pennsylvania for Obama son
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:15 pm

Omni wrote:I'm going to vote tomorrow morning. Pennsylvania for Obama son

You guys are the dudes that can really make the difference. McCain loses Pennsylvania and he's essentially done. He loses Pennsylvania and Virgina and we can all go to bed.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:20 pm

i didnt register in time :undies:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:34 pm

the only thing that worries me is voters skipping the election, because the polls are so in favor of obama. if everyone is like, 'oh, he's so far ahead, i'm just not going to bother with the long lines,' then we're fucked, because the reds will be out in force.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:37 pm

if mccain wins ill eat omnis shit. thats how confident i am.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:48 pm

Aristotle wrote:the only thing that worries me is voters skipping the election, because the polls are so in favor of obama. if everyone is like, 'oh, he's so far ahead, i'm just not going to bother with the long lines,' then we're fucked, because the reds will be out in force.

Agreed. Although I also think that there's a possibly equal and opposing force in that a lot of McCain supporters aren't really that enthusiastic, and, seeing the polls might also say "fuck it, he doesn't have a hope here, I'm going stay home, watch NASCAR and have more sex with my sister".
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:11 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
Aristotle wrote:the only thing that worries me is voters skipping the election, because the polls are so in favor of obama. if everyone is like, 'oh, he's so far ahead, i'm just not going to bother with the long lines,' then we're fucked, because the reds will be out in force.

Agreed. Although I also think that there's a possibly equal and opposing force in that a lot of McCain supporters aren't really that enthusiastic, and, seeing the polls might also say "fuck it, he doesn't have a hope here, I'm going stay home, watch NASCAR and have more sex with my sister".

I hope Obama supporters are paying attention to how much the polls are tightening up and get the fuck out to vote.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete.Z Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:13 am

I can't imagine anyone not going to vote,this is your chance to make history,you should be a part of it,not stay at home!

But the signs are good I see.
Pete.Z
Pete.Z

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:48 am

honor man wrote:if mccain wins ill eat omnis shit. thats how confident i am.
I'll eat your shit, that is made uo of omni's shit if Obama loses.

Jay and silent bob strikes back style.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:09 am

Pete.Z wrote:

I can't imagine anyone not going to vote,this is your chance to make history,you should be a part of it,not stay at home!

Yeah, given what we're seeing already with voter turnout, I think it'll be very very high. I mean Georgia has already had almost 2,000,000 people vote in advanced polls... they had just over 3,000,000 people vote - in total - in 2004. :blowjobface:
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:17 am

TheWoerus wrote:
Pete.Z wrote:

Yeah, given what we're seeing already with voter turnout, I think it'll be very very high. I mean Georgia has already had almost 2,000,000 people vote in advanced polls... they had just over 3,000,000 people vote - in total - in 2004. :blowjobface:

What is with all the numbers? offering to eat poo is much easier.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum