Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great link to an interesting article about the future of money markets

+4
Aristotle
Pennzoil GT-R
The_Edge
Les_Vipers_rule
8 posters

Go down

Great link to an interesting article about the future of money markets Empty Great link to an interesting article about the future of money markets

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:49 pm

This article resonated very much with what I have been saying and thinking.

Enter a new era of austerity, sensibility, sustainability. The false economy that has been especially built since Reagan's day is OVER get use to a shrinking of all net worth of all nations and all people and their collective assets. Get use to a new austerity where people live life in ways to their income and not to how much they may be able borrow and basically bet their future on. To where such living contributes to true economic growth of the person and ultimately the society. All the things currently being tried by govt. and egg heads are not working and won't in that they only prop up a failed system and reward the greed-hands who brought us here. We need to be adults now and accept that the system must change and it's all of our fault and now our responsibility to fix. It's not going to taste good but it will get better in time. We will be able to recreate a new consumer base but one built on sensibility and sustainability all then filters up through the economic change. Debt is an acceptable thing to have as long as all who use it do it responsibly and by realistic measure. But we have tried to create wealth based on debt and it is showing to be a FAILURE today. Thank you to neo-cons and their assorted cronies and greed hands by blinding us with phony wealth, a phony economy and economic growth. You blinded and were cohorts with myopic govt. officials to play your game. You lied and cheated everyday folks, you painted a Norman Rockwell-like life and society fell into it. You can't grow your way to prosperity by creating more debt. The ponzi scheme is now busting and your faces will be revealed, one can only hope that those who made all this lose their assets and even if need be go to prison.

Get use to the era of new austerity folks.
http://washingtonindependent.com/11620/de-leveraging-–-fairy-tale-endingshttp://washingtonindependent.com/11620/de-leveraging-–-fairy-tale-endings
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Great link to an interesting article about the future of money markets Empty Re: Great link to an interesting article about the future of money markets

Post by The_Edge Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:37 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:This article resonated very much with what I have been saying and thinking.

Enter a new era of austerity, sensibility, sustainability. The false economy that has been especially built since Reagan's day is OVER get use to a shrinking of all net worth of all nations and all people and their collective assets. Get use to a new austerity where people live life in ways to their income and not to how much they may be able borrow and basically bet their future on. To where such living contributes to true economic growth of the person and ultimately the society. All the things currently being tried by govt. and egg heads are not working and won't in that they only prop up a failed system and reward the greed-hands who brought us here. We need to be adults now and accept that the system must change and it's all of our fault and now our responsibility to fix. It's not going to taste good but it will get better in time. We will be able to recreate a new consumer base but one built on sensibility and sustainability all then filters up through the economic change. Debt is an acceptable thing to have as long as all who use it do it responsibly and by realistic measure. But we have tried to create wealth based on debt and it is showing to be a FAILURE today. Thank you to neo-cons and their assorted cronies and greed hands by blinding us with phony wealth, a phony economy and economic growth. You blinded and were cohorts with myopic govt. officials to play your game. You lied and cheated everyday folks, you painted a Norman Rockwell-like life and society fell into it. You can't grow your way to prosperity by creating more debt. The ponzi scheme is now busting and your faces will be revealed, one can only hope that those who made all this lose their assets and even if need be go to prison.

Get use to the era of new austerity folks.
http://washingtonindependent.com/11620/de-leveraging-–-fairy-tale-endingshttp://washingtonindependent.com/11620/de-leveraging-–-fairy-tale-endings

1) Dude... before ANYTHING, I want to remind you that disagreeing with you and wanting to have a discussion with you is something good and it does not mean I don't like you or that I am trolling against you. For trolling against I got dunnas. :cheers:

2) I also want to let you know that I do not expect to have a reasonable discussion with you anyway because last time I tried you'd reply to my posts with several walls of text completely unrelated to my point. When I stressed my point again and again you continued replying with walls of text of completely unrelated stuff, giving the impression your command on the subject was limited to those walls of text you post.

3) Without further ado...

You have to be more pragmatic. This problem is not because of "the false economy", "the stuff we've been doing since Reagan" and "the evil people who cheated the ordinary man". The cause of this problem is simply that a bunch of idiots in congress voted so banks could lend money to any Joe. Banks Lent money to everyone and their dog and BOOM, nobody paid. Nobody pays, banks have no money, crisis happens, Freddie and Fannie, etc etc.

In addition to that, the market prices for real estate have been artificially high.

If banks had lent money responsibly, or that law had never been passed, this would have never happened. Easy, pragmatic, realistic. It has nothing to do with a bunch of evil guys wearing tuxedos and monocles locked in a room smoking cigars, scheming how to cheat the common man while laughing evily. It has nothing to do with "the false economy", nor with other stuff you post in your walls of text.

Additionally, market prices have to be adjusted BY THE MARKET, so sadly, they have to plunge. After reaching their real balance (and an ugly crisis, sadly Woe ), prices will slowly raise again. There is no "new world order of austherity".
The_Edge
The_Edge
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Great link to an interesting article about the future of money markets Empty Re: Great link to an interesting article about the future of money markets

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:03 pm

Greed hands brought us this bubble. It was not about cheating the common man but a myopic sense of greed trying to inflate wealth by increasing more leveraged money in the economy, a model destined to break. The cheating is happening now as the greed hands get govt. to bail them out and that means the common man today and tomorrow is on the hook for the greed of these people. And yes it began back in the 80's under Reagan, accelerated in the mid 90's under Greenspan. It was carried forward by a Republican dominated Congress from 1994 onward and championed by Bush since 2000. Who else shall we blame for setting up this broken model?

The world of austerity and global sensibility must follow as economies shrink. There is less real money out there, less leveraging to be allowed now and there was too much phony money that was built on an ever increasing size of debt. This is no fallacy but a truth and since the debt created money shrinks away under the collapse we are seeing we must then accept a level of austerity in daily life and a reshaping of how our global economy will work.

Where will the Dow Jones settle? It will likely settle between 5000-6000 points probably within the next year. Why? because the avg. inflation rate curve dictates that is roughly were it should be.

Where will US avg. house price go? Well from a peak national avg. of over $200,000.00 in 2007 they will fall to just above $100,000.00 by 2011 as mortgages built from the nonsense that allowed the market to go stupid continue to come up for renewal. 1-40 homes as per 2008 are foreclosed on right now, 1-16 are grossly delinquent. 25-30% of all US homes now have mortgages worth more than the homes are.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:01 pm

This article resonates with most of what I have been saying.

We will wake up because we have no choice. The pill will taste bad but in time we will change from our excess personal and global where we abused debt and made phony money and artificial, selfish, me too lifestyles. We will accept sensibility and austerity because balance is the key to quantifiable success and pleasure in life.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:35 pm

you remind me of this guy i was talking to the other day. he was going on and on about how well he was playing the markets and how he's known about this crash for years and how he knows whats going to happen next. absolute bullshit self absorbed arrogance of course, but uncannily similar.

Les, if you are as wonderfully adept to the workings of the financial industry as you seem to think you are, then why the fuck arent you working on wall street because you sure know more about whats going on than anyone down there does?

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:04 pm

pennz, i took a position in a bank ETF on friday. either i'm going to get my face ripped off, or it's going to be a good trade over the next couple of weeks.
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:55 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:you remind me of this guy i was talking to the other day. he was going on and on about how well he was playing the markets and how he's known about this crash for years and how he knows whats going to happen next. absolute bullshit self absorbed arrogance of course, but uncannily similar.

Les, if you are as wonderfully adept to the workings of the financial industry as you seem to think you are, then why the fuck arent you working on wall street because you sure know more about whats going on than anyone down there does?

I'm pointing out that what I said has been gained by reading, watching and hearing what others many whom are experts on the growing world wide financial/economic crisis are saying. I merely note they resonate with my own words. Instead of being a jack ass why not note the links I post and either accept or try to argue what they say and as such are saying to often mirror what I say?

I'm not sure if you bother to see the bigger picture here but when the IMF now notes that a WORLD WIDE ECONOMIC MELTDOWN IS QUITE LIKELY maybe it's now beyond your little measure of knowledge, rhetoric and ill founded personal attacks. Maybe it's time you moved from your shell and noted that I am very accurate on many things unfolding here. I learned this from doing some very deep and serious thinking and trying to use what others many with much more expertise than I have are saying and how their words support mine here.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:35 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:you remind me of this guy i was talking to the other day. he was going on and on about how well he was playing the markets and how he's known about this crash for years and how he knows whats going to happen next. absolute bullshit self absorbed arrogance of course, but uncannily similar.

Pennz, this, coming from you especially, is so hypocritical. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with Les. I am sick of his "BEHOLD! AMERICA AND THE FINANCIAL SYSTEM IS GOING DOWN!!! GRAB YOUR TINFOIL HAT!" antics. I am sick of getting walls of text when trying to get an intelligent reply from the kid. But still, YOU telling people what you told les... HAHAHAHA.

So why aren't you swimming in millions of dollars right now, given that you are supposedly Mr. stock market? You claim to know more about the stock market than the rest of the mere mortals, yet I don't see you owning a greek island.

When someone talks about one of the topics you consider yourself an expert, BOOM! You unleash a cloud of hate and rage on the poor unsuspecting observer. You began hating on me when I dared talking about fashion (in shoes, to be more specific), because "you're the fashion guy". Good for you. You hated on les now because he dares to talk about financial stuff and you feel threatened by that as well. Grow the fuck up. If you truly are the authority on fashion, cars, law and the stock market, then you shouldn't be pissing your pants and trolling the hell out of whoever dares to talk about those topics. If you were so wise you'd not have dropped out of law school, anyway.

By the way, if you haven't noticed, people think of you in the dunnas and camaro tier, so don't expect people to back your knowledge, mr. porsche air difuser.
Have a nice day :cheers:
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:50 pm

The Edge,

It's not tin foil hats... When you have every major industrialized nations' leaders trying to stop it from happening, you have the World Bank and IMF imparting that a world wide collapse not just a US one may happen well we have moved beyond tin foil hat nonsense and maybe now show how some have their heads in the sand.

Things are a changing. I merely note that the excess and me too ideology that brought us here is coming to an end. I find it interesting that I make points, bring evidence by others who are well expertise in it all and I get shat on. But some of you here and all over the place if one looks deeper than just this forum argue against me and yet provide nothing to support your arguments.

I'm not going to say " There, there everything is going to be ok." This shit is a big reason why we are in very dangerous times. It's not ok, the world is going to change and the US will likely be affected the most. Sorry to speak so but it must be said. Only once we GET IT! can we fix it and change the way we see ourselves, our wants, our needs, our lives our societies and nations and our global economies. We then must work to prevent such stupidity and plain old greed from taking us down this path again. No sugar, no flowery words, no ignoring the issues will stop this ok?
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:11 am

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:The Edge,

It's not tin foil hats... When you have every major industrialized nations' leaders trying to stop it from happening, you have the World Bank and IMF imparting that a world wide collapse not just a US one may happen well we have moved beyond tin foil hat nonsense and maybe now show how some have their heads in the sand.

Things are a changing. I merely note that the excess and me too ideology that brought us here is coming to an end. I find it interesting that I make points, bring evidence by others who are well expertise in it all and I get shat on. But some of you here and all over the place if one looks deeper than just this forum argue against me and yet provide nothing to support your arguments.

I'm not going to say " There, there everything is going to be ok." This shit is a big reason why we are in very dangerous times. It's not ok, the world is going to change and the US will likely be affected the most. Sorry to speak so but it must be said. Only once we GET IT! can we fix it and change the way we see ourselves, our wants, our needs, our lives our societies and nations and our global economies. We then must work to prevent such stupidity and plain old greed from taking us down this path again. No sugar, no flowery words, no ignoring the issues will stop this ok?

Dude, believe it or not I was defending you from Pennz' hipocrisy.

I do no longer try to give reasons because you answer me with long replies that have little to do with my original points.

Thing is, you got to be pragmatic about things. You have to identify the practical cause of something and fix it. See the great depression. No ideological breakthrough or "moral revolution" resulted from it. Things still progressed. And the world did not change. This is much smaller than the great depression.

Like I said, the causes of the problem has already been identified by experts (not regular joes like you, me, and much to pennzfuck's dismay, him):

1) People were lending money to people they shouldn't be lending to in the first place.
2) The market prices were artificially being held high.

When this crisis gets solved (sadly, the worst is yet to come), and the prices reach their real levels (you agree with me here, and you even posted some figures), people start lending money again, but carefully, and new regulation keep the greed of others from creating funny/ultra sophisticated financial instruments few mortals can understand, then things will get better.

Ideology based states and economies are dangerous. Look at Russia. Look at WW II Germany.
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:39 am

The_Edge wrote:

Pennz, this, coming from you especially, is so hypocritical. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with Les. I am sick of his "BEHOLD! AMERICA AND THE FINANCIAL SYSTEM IS GOING DOWN!!! GRAB YOUR TINFOIL HAT!" antics. I am sick of getting walls of text when trying to get an intelligent reply from the kid. But still, YOU telling people what you told les... HAHAHAHA.

So why aren't you swimming in millions of dollars right now, given that you are supposedly Mr. stock market? You claim to know more about the stock market than the rest of the mere mortals, yet I don't see you owning a greek island.

When someone talks about one of the topics you consider yourself an expert, BOOM! You unleash a cloud of hate and rage on the poor unsuspecting observer. You began hating on me when I dared talking about fashion (in shoes, to be more specific), because "you're the fashion guy". Good for you. You hated on les now because he dares to talk about financial stuff and you feel threatened by that as well. Grow the fuck up. If you truly are the authority on fashion, cars, law and the stock market, then you shouldn't be pissing your pants and trolling the hell out of whoever dares to talk about those topics. If you were so wise you'd not have dropped out of law school, anyway.

By the way, if you haven't noticed, people think of you in the dunnas and camaro tier, so don't expect people to back your knowledge, mr. porsche air difuser.
Hmm, second time you've mentioned me in this thread alone and i haven't been around for 3 days. Somebody must have missed me. wub
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:44 am

The Edge,

The financial crisis is not much smaller but is different. In 1929 America was leveraged debt to GDP by about 220%. In 2008 The US is leveraged debt to GDP by over 360% if this crisis did not appear today but was staved off till after 2018 the US would have seen a leveraging of debt to GDP of over 700%.

We are far from working things out and no people are not really doing what is needed but still are trying to prop up a failed system. But slowly more and more are seeing a wholesale shift needed to be taken and will be. Life is going to be different.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete.Z Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:42 pm

It's more like "Crisis,What Crisis" today.

Apple up 20%.....bought on 88,106 right now.

I think a lot of people can stop working in a week or two,when things keep on going like this.
Pete.Z
Pete.Z
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:56 pm

today was a good day. my trades worked well, but i wouldn't be surprised if we get another down day tomorrow. volume was light, because it's a federal holiday in the US today. bond market was closed. if it opens tomorrow and the LIBOR spread hasn't narrowed, then the selling is going to resume.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:33 pm

dunnas wrote:
The_Edge wrote:

Hmm, second time you've mentioned me in this thread alone and i haven't been around for 3 days. Somebody must have missed me. wub

Yeah, my crush on you is as big as your crush on ascona.

You're my chubby little teddy bear. You know I love playing cuddle with that bouncy flabby tummy of yours wub

:eww:
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:16 pm

Aristotle wrote:today was a good day. my trades worked well, but i wouldn't be surprised if we get another down day tomorrow. volume was light, because it's a federal holiday in the US today. bond market was closed. if it opens tomorrow and the LIBOR spread hasn't narrowed, then the selling is going to resume.

wow. the futures are screaming for a big open again. this could be interesting. if we open way up, the traders may sell into it, but there's also a huge amount of money on the sidelines, and even after today's rally, a lot of companies are way undervalued. this is a tough call. possible that we get another up day tomorrow.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:03 pm

Between Europe and the USA when you throw near $3Trillion to the banks and other lenders well you get a false sense of security in the money markets but fact is that $3 Trillion has to come from somewhere and the price all others short of the banking and investment elites will find said price to pay very hard to take...

It's back to all about EVERYTHING IS NOW FINE! Go out and spend money, go run up your debt even more, the govt. will ALWAYS bail out flawed, corrupt and greedy lending, money market ideologies. Whoopi for the rest of us who will pay for it later and WE WILL PAY FOR IT IN WAYS MOST WILL NOT LIKELY ENJOY!
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:19 am

JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:49 am

That article was great.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:11 pm

Aristotle wrote:
Aristotle wrote:today was a good day. my trades worked well, but i wouldn't be surprised if we get another down day tomorrow. volume was light, because it's a federal holiday in the US today. bond market was closed. if it opens tomorrow and the LIBOR spread hasn't narrowed, then the selling is going to resume.

wow. the futures are screaming for a big open again. this could be interesting. if we open way up, the traders may sell into it, but there's also a huge amount of money on the sidelines, and even after today's rally, a lot of companies are way undervalued. this is a tough call. possible that we get another up day tomorrow.

i missed out on monday's rally Woe

the only guarantee was a drop again sometime this week, now its too uncertain until the next big event. i wouldnt want to go long on anything right now either. the markets are pricing in the assumption that we're now out of the depression which simply isnt true and the banks still dont really know how much exposure they have to bad debt. stocks still have plenty of room to drop between now and the end of this whole shit storm

and to Rod: i got out of banking shares and into safe investments a week or two before bear sterns went under.....and i got out of iceland 2 days before they went under. ive got half an idea how this all works thank you very much and am still up about 5% from the beginning of the year......which, you know, is more than any of the wall street banks can say....or the DOW/FTSE etc.

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:35 pm

The markets drop again because you can't defy gravity. The Dow for one has been over inflated by over leveraged money markets since the late 90's. The bubble has burst from this deregulated, over leveraged and associated CON GAMES played with it all. The Dow just naming one market will whether anyone likes it or not fall to where it should be when one factors in avg. inflation and that is about 5500-6000 points by this time next year if not sooner.

To have govt. keep throwing (borrowing) more tax payer money and in amounts humanity has never seen before to prop up something that MUST fall is STUPID and will cause even greater troubles down the road.

The USA escapes disaster for today (and by association most of the developed world) only because it still makes its interest payment on its debts. But the time is coming to where it may default and if/when that day comes ALL SHIT WILL HIT THE FAN!
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:36 am

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:The markets drop again because you can't defy gravity. The Dow for one has been over inflated by over leveraged money markets since the late 90's. The bubble has burst from this deregulated, over leveraged and associated CON GAMES played with it all. The Dow just naming one market will whether anyone likes it or not fall to where it should be when one factors in avg. inflation and that is about 5500-6000 points by this time next year if not sooner.

To have govt. keep throwing (borrowing) more tax payer money and in amounts humanity has never seen before to prop up something that MUST fall is STUPID and will cause even greater troubles down the road.

The USA escapes disaster for today (and by association most of the developed world) only because it still makes its interest payment on its debts. But the time is coming to where it may default and if/when that day comes ALL SHIT WILL HIT THE FAN!
Working out what the Dow should be based only on averaged inflation??? Why would anyone ever go long on anything if the markets were only supposed to increase by inflation in the long run? Suspect
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:52 am

dunnas wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:The markets drop again because you can't defy gravity. The Dow for one has been over inflated by over leveraged money markets since the late 90's. The bubble has burst from this deregulated, over leveraged and associated CON GAMES played with it all. The Dow just naming one market will whether anyone likes it or not fall to where it should be when one factors in avg. inflation and that is about 5500-6000 points by this time next year if not sooner.

Working out what the Dow should be only on averaged inflation? Why would anyone ever go long on anything if the markets were only supposed to increase by inflation in the long run? Suspect

link to check here
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:49 am

I've only had a quick look at that page but it seems to be suggesting that over 84 years that the DOW has only returned 1.64% per year over inflation.

Once again your wording was terrible.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:21 am

My point is that it runs in line with the curve noted. The spikes up and down show it running out of step and the poster notes that he sees the Dow shrinking to level more in line with the applied inflation curve.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:46 am

That chart doesn't look particularly correct to me. If you look at a chart such as the one below with a more accurate scale (doubles at each regular interval) there seems to be fairly steady long term growth since the early 1930's. Rediculously high inflation, the likes of which we shouldn't see again with the means governemnts have available to them today, for a lot of the period from the mid 60's to mid 80's seems to have had a major impact on the overall result of that "real dow" chart.

Great link to an interesting article about the future of money markets Djia1900p
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:07 pm

the dow chart is scary. really, really scary.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down