Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this is scary. scary orwellian shit.

5 posters

Go down

this is scary. scary orwellian shit. Empty this is scary. scary orwellian shit.

Post by big_jesus Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:02 pm

http://www.alternet.org/story/101958/?page=2

Thousands of Troops Are Deployed on U.S. Streets Ready to Carry Out "Crowd Control"

"Given the danger do you advocate impeachment?"

"Yes. President Bush struck down Posse Comitatus -- which has prevented, with a penalty of two years in prison, U.S. leaders since after the Civil War from sending military forces into our streets -- with a 'signing statement.' He should be impeached immediately in a bipartisan process to prevent the use of military forces and mercenary forces against U.S. citizens"

"Should Americans call on senior leaders in the Military to break publicly with this action and call on their own men and women to disobey these orders?"

"Every senior military officer's loyalty should ultimately be to the Constitution. Every officer should publicly break with any illegal order, even from the President."

"But if these are now legal. If they say, 'Don't obey the Commander in Chief,' what happens to the military?"

"Perhaps they would be arrested and prosecuted as those who refuse to participate in the current illegal war. That's what would be considered a coup."

"But it's a coup already."

"Yes."
big_jesus
big_jesus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

this is scary. scary orwellian shit. Empty Re: this is scary. scary orwellian shit.

Post by Aristotle Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:09 pm

i'll be more hopefull when obama is in office, but either way i'm going to try and be out of this country within 10yrs, unless there are some drastic improvements.
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

this is scary. scary orwellian shit. Empty Re: this is scary. scary orwellian shit.

Post by JaysonAych Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:51 am

I'm still waiting to hear that surprise! we happened to find bin Laden or OMG we have to suspend the elections due to security issues...
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:11 am

JaysonAych wrote:I'm still waiting to hear that surprise! we happened to find bin Laden or OMG we have to suspend the elections due to security issues...

I don't think that's going to happen. Unless they just found Osama I'm sure Bush would have wanted that one out there as quickly as possible.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookie 5.6 Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:21 am

JaysonAych wrote: OMG we have to suspend the elections due to security issues...
That's the one I have been banking on for 3 years now
Wookie 5.6
Wookie 5.6
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookie 5.6 Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:25 am

Aristotle wrote:i'll be more hopefull when obama is in office, but either way i'm going to try and be out of this country within 10yrs, unless there are some drastic improvements.
I was reading an article in Surfer about a little chunk of paradise called Vanatu. Right now it is so tempting to fuck it all, ditch everything and everybody, and just go there and live in a grass hut and ride a surfboard that I carved from a tree trunk :)
Wookie 5.6
Wookie 5.6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down