Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This about sums up the way things are:

+2
Les_Vipers_rule
TheWoerus
6 posters

Go down

This about sums up the way things are: Empty This about sums up the way things are:

Post by TheWoerus Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:47 pm

So everyone's talking about the nasty spike of nastiness in the presidential race -- a spike brilliantly orchestrated by the Republican machinery -- and Republican John McCain takes a moment to point out that even this is Barack Obama's fault.

Y'see, all the crap being thrown at Obama -- the fear-mongering, the half-truths, the full lies -- all the character assassination hurling Obama's way, is in fact, his own doing.

"I think the tone of this whole campaign would have been very different if Senator Obama had accepted my request for us to appear in town hall meetings all over America," the Senator from Arizona tells us.

Am I just losing my friggin' mind? Seriously. I keep looking around the room to see if I'm living in some suddenly altered state where everything we know is now called the opposite, and nobody notices. Or can stop it.

"I wish I didn't have to take your lunch money, but you should'nt of hadda brung it."

We're in the 3rd grade again. The skinny, smart kid who just moved in to the neighborhood is getting roughed-up by the asshole bully. The kid who hits you in the head with your hand and says, "Why're you hitting yourself? Why're you hitting yourself?"

"Um, actually I'm not. You're hitting me."

"You calling me a liar?"

"No, I'm just pointing out that..." SMACK!

"Why're you hitting yourself?"

And there seems to be no one to appeal to. There're no grown-ups around when you need 'em. No one to step in and say, "Alright, that's enough now. We don't do that here, fella." And in the absence of any authority, the asshole gets to keep doing it.

"Why're you hitting yourself? SMACK! Why're you hitting yourself?"

From the few minutes of the GOP convention I could stomach watching, all I could think was that Giuliani and Sarah Palin were doing some big-person, lethal version of "I know you are, but what am I?"

America: "Well, respectfully, Governor Palin, it could be argued that you are, in fact, relatively inexperienced."

Her: "I know you are but what am I?"

"Hm? No, perhaps you misunderstood. We are talking about you."

"I know you are but what am I."

"Well, Governor, just listening to your speech, you seem awfully caustic."

"You are."

"And, frankly, a little bitter."

"You're bitter."

"I mean, where's your sense of humility?"

"I'm rubber, you're glue. It bounces off me and sticks to you."

"My God - you're... dangerous."

"I know you are, but what am I?"

Maybe that's the problem. Obama treats us like adults, and McCain's team treats us like children.

Obama seeks to inspire and raise us as a nation. McCain's people want to reduce us to infants.

Obama asks us to be deep. And courageous.

McCain prays that we're simple. And cowardly.

Now everyone is calling for Obama to "get angry." "Get out there and frown this way, curl your lip that way, and clench your fist like so." And, I don't know..... That'd be cool. Sure. But I don't think the fix can come just from him. There's only so much the guy can do. It's going to have to be us. I don't know what exactly we need to do, but I know we'll do it. I have to believe -- I mean I really have to believe we're big enough, strong enough and smart enough to reclaim what's ours. I love my children too much to let the assholes take over the school yard.

The link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-reiser/yeah----you-and-whose-arm_b_125929.html#postComment
TheWoerus
TheWoerus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

This about sums up the way things are: Empty Re: This about sums up the way things are:

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:37 pm

Plain putting a stick into Russia's side

No worldly politician would talk as she did. She should scare the living Hell out of you. Add the stories about McCain's unbelievable short temper and lust for battle himself well do you truly want these two in control of U.S. forces and its 6,000 nukes? Do any of you value your future and if you have children thiers? COME ON PEOPLE SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THESE TWO! Only Obama/Biden should get votes on Nov. 4 2008.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

This about sums up the way things are: Empty Re: This about sums up the way things are:

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:51 pm

This POS is to be V.P.

I wonder how many PTA moms agree with these ideals of Ms. Palin. I doubt many do if they were to be educated on this POS.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:02 pm

Snippet from above

Palin support bear hunting in wildlife preserves where beers have habiuated to public viewing which generates $100,000,000.00 in revenues for AK. GEEZUS H. CHRIST! do a majority of Americans want this in a V.P. one old man's heartbeat away from the Presidency?
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:06 pm

I am seriously fucking terrified of this ticket. Seriously.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:07 pm

This is fucking way WAY worse than Bush Cheney 2004. At least they had some degree of precedent behind them. To some extent we could at least expect the status quo.

This is. Fuck. I don't even want to fucking KNOW where the US would end up with those two in charge.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:55 pm

i was just listening to NPR on the way home. a lot of people in their survey were claiming that they switched to the mccain side, because they like palin's personality.

fuck you, wally, you'd better make some fucking room for my ass, because ima be up there in a minute, nigga
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:08 pm

Aristotle wrote:i was just listening to NPR on the way home. a lot of people in their survey were claiming that they switched to the mccain side, because they like palin's personality.

fuck you, wally, you'd better make some fucking room for my ass, because ima be up there in a minute, nigga

Dude. In all seriousness, moving to Canada, I think would be a valid choice. I've got an inflatable mattress and everything. Or we could just share my single bed.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:51 pm

bed share ftw :saynomore:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:15 pm

What is growingly more interesting is that poll after poll of people in other nations, many who are allies and friendly to the US, even liking Americans in general such as Canadians, Brits etc. reveal that most easily prefer the U.S. selecting Obama/Biden in '08. It is not even close in terms of polling. Why is it noted to be so close in the USA? Honestly do Americans think most of the world is out of step or ignorant about both parties stance on issues and candidates or is it maybe that too many Americans are seemingly out of step with reality? Maybe it reveals the low credibility of the corporate U.S. media and the lack of greater understanding of issues by many Americans. What is it that these Americans can't see that the rest of the world sees more clearly?
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:29 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:What is growingly more interesting is that poll after poll of people in other nations, many who are allies and friendly to the US, even liking Americans in general such as Canadians, Brits etc. reveal that most easily prefer the U.S. selecting Obama/Biden in '08. It is not even close in terms of polling. Why is it noted to be so close in the USA? Honestly do Americans think most of the world is out of step or ignorant about both parties stance on issues and candidates or is it maybe that too many Americans are seemingly out of step with reality? Maybe it reveals the low credibility of the corporate U.S. media and the lack of greater understanding of issues by many Americans. What is it that these Americans can't see that the rest of the world sees more clearly?

I don't think it's anything like that. People who are unpopular abroad win elections all the time. I'm sure that if people in Europe were abreast with Canadian politics they'd say, with a firm majority that we should select the liberals, or the NDP to be our next government. Of course we're going to go with another Conservative minority, and, possibly, a majority. I don't know why so many American's will vote for McCain / Palin. It might be biased media coverage. It might be fear of change - it's easier to tell someone else to embrace something than it is to do it yourself. And it might also be good old fashioned protectionism - thinking that McCain, with his military background is better able to defend this country than a young junior senator. You have to remember that McCain was, and is a tremendously popular politician here. He's been making a lot of gaffs lately - but it takes more than a couple months of missteps to ruin a reputation like his. Like it or not, justified or not, he has a reputation for reaching across the aisle and working from a neutral position. I mean the man was a regular guest of John Stewart. Yes, it's been rough. yes he's moved to the right - hard. Yes he chose a functionally retarted reactionary pin up girl for a running mate. But people still have a 'general perception' of the man in the United States - which isn't necessarily shared abroad. The war hero. The maverick. etc. etc.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:56 pm

But Kerry was a War Hero too and Bush won.

Look my opinion, is that is the USA is soon to go the way of the USSR but it will be 10 times worse not just for Americans but the world. I'm not the only person who thinks it's almost end game on the USA as we saw it over the last few decades. It all began with Reagan in the 80's and has created a phony economy rife with debt, insurmountable debt, $53 Trillion total debt.

The USA is seemingly more alone in the international world. It's failing in its own infrastructure, over spending on military (just like the USSR did) creating war and conflict abroad (just like the USSR did) a growing gap between those who have and those who don't, a lackluster media at best to rank blind nationalistic cronyism at worse in the media. It is a nation looking more and more out of step with its peers. McCain represents 20th. century politics and idealism's and he along with his POS sidekick may just plunge it over the cliff.

I think even Obama /Biden are unlikely to right the nation but can at least begin change and soften the blow that will likely soon come to the U.S. Much like Gorbachev did in the USSR. Gorbachev was unable to stop its collapse but he did put in place things to help even just a bit soften the blow.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:44 am

Les, I don't know where you've been your entire life but when do you remember a time when the US wasn't over spending on the military? Obviously it's worse when we're fighting pointless wars but we've always spent way too much on the military and not enough on everything else. I know you'd love to see the whole country fall apart but I really don't see us becoming the new USSR anytime soon.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:49 pm

TheWoerus wrote:This is fucking way WAY worse than Bush Cheney 2004. At least they had some degree of precedent behind them. To some extent we could at least expect the status quo.

This is. Fuck. I don't even want to fucking KNOW where the US would end up with those two in charge.

I actually thought that Bush would be an OK president before he won the 1st time ("His dad was president, he must have learnt something from him..." oh boy I was wrong!)

This Mccain/Palin... dang! No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I thought Obama would be bad for the nation (some tree hugging black man that dances like a fag and who wants to hold hands with terrorists in flower fields while making black people revolt). But now I realize Obama is like 900000K times better than this dreadful duo...

It's basically an old coot with extreme right views who feels he is a cowboy and... a female caveman that hunts animals for fun, opposes abortion in child rape and has a sexual fetish for wolf corpses. She makes me puke.
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:29 pm

I don't even know what to say to that post rod :roflmao:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:33 pm

sexual fetish for wolf corpses?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:15 pm

hahahahhahahah fucking rod man :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:47 pm

Omni wrote:Les, I don't know where you've been your entire life but when do you remember a time when the US wasn't over spending on the military? Obviously it's worse when we're fighting pointless wars but we've always spent way too much on the military and not enough on everything else. I know you'd love to see the whole country fall apart but I really don't see us becoming the new USSR anytime soon.

Overspending on the military was not always the case. Prior to the debt generation beginning with Reagan spending was for the most part out of real money (except in WWI and WWII).The situation was the false economy that has come out from Reagan's days. An economy built on too much credit and too much debt. The falling apart of infrastructure compounds this. This is very similar to what happen in the USSR. I also take it as an insult you saying I want to see the country fall apart. I do not, I want people the wake up before it falls apart. The USA is going the way of the USSR. This is not just something I pulled out of my ass, many others who are much more skilled in sizing this stuff up say this too. You can either accept it, deal with it, elect officials like Obama who may try to lessen it with progressive change or you can continue to see it fall apart in complete ignorance. The USA in the 70's was the largest creditor nation, today it's largest debtor nation and the debt is growing almost exponentially. Every child born into the USA today has a $33,000 debt just on the Federal debt alone. The USA total debt is $53,000,000,000,000.00 and growing. Time to look away from this stuff must end or it will be to late.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:58 pm

link on the tax plans for Americans

funny link but truthfull

Why do so many Americans vote against their own interests? Lets not forget McCain wants to tax US healthcare benefits.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:18 pm

Omni wrote:Les, I don't know where you've been your entire life but when do you remember a time when the US wasn't over spending on the military? Obviously it's worse when we're fighting pointless wars but we've always spent way too much on the military and not enough on everything else. I know you'd love to see the whole country fall apart but I really don't see us becoming the new USSR anytime soon.

Quoted for the win. Les WTF?

I do see america becoming the next UK, though (No longer # 1 undisputed superpower, but still a very wealthy 1st world country and a force to be reckoned with).
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:23 pm

Omni/honor/aris... lol.

I had just seen that palin website where there are some wolf corpses in a log and a wolf corpse over a helicopter. I was pretty pissed off hehee.
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:03 pm

Les, the reason I say you want to see the US fall apart is because since your first post on AF you've made it pretty clear you're not a big fan. That was before all the Iraq war shit too. Believe me, I see that things are not going well and I am going to vote for change. I just hope that enough other Americans are intelligent to see what I see.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:42 am

Omni wrote:Les, the reason I say you want to see the US fall apart is because since your first post on AF you've made it pretty clear you're not a big fan. That was before all the Iraq war shit too. Believe me, I see that things are not going well and I am going to vote for change. I just hope that enough other Americans are intelligent to see what I see.

Look I get tired of this shit... I have never attacked the USA nor its people as a society. I attack its govt. the current one especially and will hi-lite any American who is acting like as ignorant ass. So just stop it! I have always held the USA in principle up to the high ideals it is said to stand for. It is when I see or hear assholes in the country and and govt. try to subvert those ideals is when I get pissed. So just stop it with innuendo and lies ok?
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:16 pm

we're fucked. all the swing voters are voting personalities, and a good-looking chick that likes guns, fishing, and fucking is going to win over a graying career politician.

i'm applying for swiss citizenship as soon as i can work out how to do it.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Edge Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Aristotle wrote:we're fucked. all the swing voters are voting personalities, and a good-looking chick that likes guns, fishing, and fucking is going to win over a graying career politician.

Republicans know how to get votes.

People voted bush because it's the kind of (dumb) guy they would like to have a beer with.

So now they will vote Mccain because of a (supposedly) good looking mother the'd like to fuck and that likes guns, fishing and fucking.

Hey next time they should put a porn star as candidate, they will surely win.
The_Edge
The_Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:21 pm

The_Edge wrote:
Aristotle wrote:we're fucked. all the swing voters are voting personalities, and a good-looking chick that likes guns, fishing, and fucking is going to win over a graying career politician.

Republicans know how to get votes.

People voted bush because it's the kind of (dumb) guy they would like to have a beer with.

So now they will vote Mccain because of a (supposedly) good looking mother the'd like to fuck and that likes guns, fishing and fucking.

Hey next time they should put a porn star as candidate, they will surely win.

+1
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down