Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ron Paul is a moron.

+6
VS
Aristotle
Les_Vipers_rule
big_jesus
TheWoerus
10 posters

Go down

Ron Paul is a moron. Empty Ron Paul is a moron.

Post by TheWoerus Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:53 pm

If he honestly believes that the "two parties are essentially the same".

Fine, don't support either party right now, if neither follow your beliefs. But there's a clear and distinct choice right now.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Ron Paul is a moron. Empty Re: Ron Paul is a moron.

Post by big_jesus Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:18 pm

he's just another tool. he's doing this to help the republican party w/o pissing off his supporters.

from CNN:

Paul attacked Obama, saying, "He's not for change," and the congressman argued that his efforts would help the Republican Party.

"If the Republican side realized what I'm trying to do, they should be funding me," Paul said.
big_jesus
big_jesus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:18 pm

honestly, that move negates all of his former legitimacy
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:27 pm

One reason why the parties are not the same. One wreaks of pure hypocrisy.

McCain blames bridge to nowhere on video
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:29 pm

And the thing is that saying Obama isn't for change is simply idiotic. He is for change. A brief perusal of his policies would show even a high school social science student that. It's just not the 'change' Paul wants to see, so he just attacks Obama in the usual manner.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:36 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:One reason why the parties are not the same. One wreaks of pure hypocrisy.

hahaha it's ridiculous that the only people reading about this, or concerned about this, are probably people who are smart enough to vote against McCain / Palin anyway.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:51 pm

ron is a smart guy, but he's angry and impractical.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:27 pm

As much as people may like the shoot-from-the-hip style, it's a largely personal reaction and shouldn't be used when attempting to represent an entire country.

A rational, measured approach is necessary.

I think folks find him more entertaining than insightful. Although that's probably equally true about Obama.

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:28 pm

911 wrote:As much as people may like the shoot-from-the-hip style, it's a largely personal reaction and shouldn't be used when attempting to represent an entire country.

I think folks find him more entertaining than insightful. Although that's probably equally true about Obama.

Why is that equally true about Obama? I'm sick and tired of hearing people say that he's all flash and no substance.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:55 pm

Exactly Wally Obama is clear and has validated his substance. Palin has nothing but lies and hypocrisy. She is one old man's heartbeat away from the Presidency and having her religious fundi fingers on 6,000 U.S. nukes. McCain is proving he will do anything JUST TO WIN this time after the Republicans effed him over in 2000. How is that being a maverick?
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:12 pm

Even if you don't like obama and think there is no substance........no substance is better than palin potentially president. Christ that is some scary shit.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:22 pm

TheWoerus wrote:
911 wrote:As much as people may like the shoot-from-the-hip style, it's a largely personal reaction and shouldn't be used when attempting to represent an entire country.

Why is that equally true about Obama? I'm sick and tired of hearing people say that he's all flash and no substance.

He may have ideas but I'm not so sure the general public really knows.

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:17 am

TheWoerus wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:One reason why the parties are not the same. One wreaks of pure hypocrisy.

hahaha it's ridiculous that the only people reading about this, or concerned about this, are probably people who are smart enough to vote against McCain / Palin anyway.

It's amazing...over on my right-leaning Camaro board, there have been discussions about things like this. Most of the right-wingers though (not all...I've actually seen a few people there provide some refreshing insight that I may not agree with but at least understand) just drink the kool-aid and believe everything Fox News tells them and make excuses for why a situation like that is different when it applies to the Pubes but is evil when the Dems do it. Most of them honestly and with all of their heart believe that Fox News plays everything right down the middle, shows no bias at all, and fairly represents all views. Just amazing to see.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:36 am

JaysonAych wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:

It's amazing...over on my right-leaning Camaro board, there have been discussions about things like this. Most of the right-wingers though (not all...I've actually seen a few people there provide some refreshing insight that I may not agree with but at least understand) just drink the kool-aid and believe everything Fox News tells them and make excuses for why a situation like that is different when it applies to the Pubes but is evil when the Dems do it. Most of them honestly and with all of their heart believe that Fox News plays everything right down the middle, shows no bias at all, and fairly represents all views. Just amazing to see.

:aris:
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:46 am

TheWoerus wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:

What's great is when you try to prove those kinds of people wrong with something. If the source is any news outlet other than Fox News, they won't believe it...all of the other news outlets like CNN, the Associated Press, ABC News, Reuters, whatever...every single other one of them all have LIEberal bias. I saw someone back up their claim with a well-written well-sourced Wikipedia article, and they just dismissed it because LIEberals know how to edit Wikipedia or something.

I don't get too confrontational because I've seen how unwilling they are to listening to different ideas, and I know it's like kicking water uphill, but damn. Just :aris: :aris: :aris: :aris:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:24 am

JaysonAych wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:

What's great is when you try to prove those kinds of people wrong with something. If the source is any news outlet other than Fox News, they won't believe it...all of the other news outlets like CNN, the Associated Press, ABC News, Reuters, whatever...every single other one of them all have LIEberal bias. I saw someone back up their claim with a well-written well-sourced Wikipedia article, and they just dismissed it because LIEberals know how to edit Wikipedia or something.

I don't get too confrontational because I've seen how unwilling they are to listening to different ideas, and I know it's like kicking water uphill, but damn. Just :aris: :aris: :aris: :aris:

That really makes one worry about the state of the nation. Most Americans seem to have neither the desire, nor the ability, to think critically about anything.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:07 am

TheWoerus wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:

That really makes one worry about the state of the nation. Most Americans seem to have neither the desire, nor the ability, to think critically about anything.

Sadly I think you may be right
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:20 am

If women actually decide to vote for Palin because they share the same gender I'm going to lose it.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:32 am

Only the dumbest women will vote for her because of that. Anyone who was a Clinton supporter for the right reasons would never even consider voting for Palin.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:37 am

Omni wrote:Only the dumbest women will vote for her because of that. Anyone who was a Clinton supporter for the right reasons would never even consider voting for Palin.

"Polls" say that Obama went from leading among white women against McCain to being behind by double digits since Palin was nominated.

:jay:
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:06 am

McCain's going to win. I can just feel it. I know it's early and polls are close and everything, but I've just got a feeling. Probably because I lost hope in humanity long ago, and I don't understand how things are even close. In this American Idol nation, I can just sense that the ditzy and substanceless is going to win out.

:woods:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:26 am

I agree. It's going to be awesome. :dunnas:
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:30 am

palin practically wants to send all gays and atheists to the gas chambers
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:54 am

I watched this C-SPAN video of the debates from the Alaska Governor race when she was running. Her answers when it came to personal rights issues on things like abortion and assisted suicides were basically that she totally respects people's opinions on those issues and those are deeply personal matters that everyone should be allowed to handle in their own ways, as long as the government says they're illegal. :roflmao:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:03 am

JaysonAych wrote:McCain's going to win. I can just feel it. I know it's early and polls are close and everything, but I've just got a feeling. Probably because I lost hope in humanity long ago, and I don't understand how things are even close. In this American Idol nation, I can just sense that the ditzy and substanceless is going to win out.

:woods:

The American Idol nation will more likely support Obama than McCain. Obama/Biden will win on Nov. 4 2008
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:06 am

TheWoerus wrote:If women actually decide to vote for Palin because they share the same gender I'm going to lose it.

A majority of women will swing towards Obama by Nov. 4 2008. They will see Palin is not who they are trying to make her out to be and the issues will become more clear, issues that more women will share in common with Obama than with McCain.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down