Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Brian O'Conner

+6
ryguy79
Tailhappy
Pennzoil GT-R
thewalrus
Honor
Talon
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RIP Brian O'Conner Empty RIP Brian O'Conner

Post by Talon Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:47 pm

Killed as a passenger in a car accident, in a modified Carrera GT.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/30/21695877-fast-and-furious-actor-paul-walker-dies-in-car-crash?lite

"It is with a truly heavy heart that we must confirm that Paul Walker passed away today in a tragic car accident while attending a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide. He was a passenger in a friend's car, in which both lost their lives. We appreciate your patience as we too are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news. Thank you for keeping his family and friends in your prayers during this very difficult time. We will do our best to keep you apprised on where to send condolences. - #TeamPW"

https://www.facebook.com/PaulWalker

RIP Brian O'Conner 1470420_616600891729565_1089625309_n

That sucks.  The last couple F&F movies were pretty good.

Woe
Talon
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

RIP Brian O'Conner Empty Re: RIP Brian O'Conner

Post by Honor Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:06 am

Shit. Well that's a shocker.

I don't know the circumstances but people need to make sure their skill level is high enough to handle anything more than just cruising in traffic in a car like that. And save that shit for the track.

Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:22 am

I heard about this. Really shocking when you see someone so young die.

A modified Carrera GT too. I heard it was a Porsche, but damn.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:56 am

RIP.

Must have been absolutely flying to obliterate the car like that.

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:32 am

Honor wrote:Shit. Well that's a shocker.

I don't know the circumstances but people need to make sure their skill level is high enough to handle anything more than just cruising in traffic in a car like that. And save that shit for the track.

Was thinking the same thing last night. Found out this morning he was a passenger, and the driver was a professional.
Keep it on the race track, kids.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:10 am

I know it. The driver was a professional in the Pirelli World Challenge. If it's any conciliation, he probably didn't feel a thing.

http://www.world-challenge.com/drivers/bio.php?name=Roger+Rodas

I guess the Porsche hit a tree and then hit a light pole. It's really sad because he seemed like a stand up dude. Was on his way to a charity event, and was involved in multiple charity events including donating toys to less fortunate kids, as well as traveling to Haiti and Chilie after earthquakes hit the respective countries.

He had a 15 year old daughter.Woe 

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling" - Paul Walker

RIP Brian O'Conner 1453562_631130550265887_43425921_n
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by ryguy79 Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:09 pm

It's a bummer. They were filming some of the next F&F not to far from here over the summer and I was really looking forward to it. It won't be the same knowing he's dead. RIP, may he enjoy many whipped cream bikinis in the afterlife.
ryguy79
ryguy79
I'm so weary and tired of the world's weariness and tiredness.

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:41 am

I wonder how long until the James Dean comparisons start appearing - both being young "rebel without a cause" type stars, both killed in the early part of their careers, both fans of cars and speed and racing outside of their movies, and both killed in mid engine Porsches. Though Dean was driving his, and Walker wasn't.

thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:39 am

He was 40 and had been in show is his whole life, so not quite a carbon copy of Dean. And I don't want to say it, but not quite on the same level as an actor. Although I like his movies - especially 40 Below...the dogs got to me.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:40 am

Showbiz

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:13 am

He was in a movie called “Takers” that I caught while traveling for work on HBO. It kind of flew under the radar but I thought it was really good. A lot of action…
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:15 am

Another article, including a story on how be bought a Marine a $10,000 wedding ring for his girlfriend. Seemed like a cool dude.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/02/showbiz/paul-walker-death/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Why couldn't it be Justin Bieber in that car or something? Fuck...:grrr: 
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:48 am

CNN really needs to do something about their "Trends" box...

RIP Brian O'Conner Untitl10
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:37 pm

That's fucked up. :roflmao:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:49 pm

thewalrus wrote:CNN really needs to do something about their "Trends" box...

RIP Brian O'Conner Untitl10
I didn't even notice that. :roflmao: Woe 

That's almost as bad as one when the Crocodile Hunter died and there was an ad on the page for life insurance that showed a young girl (about the age of his daughter) crying by a grave or something.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:35 pm

A good eulogy for him.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/93846/paul-walker-1973-2013

I always find it sad when I find out, after someone has died, just how great a person they actually were.  Sort of feels like I didn't appreciate them enough when they were alive.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:05 pm

Jesus, I have friends on FB all bitching that people get too upset about celebrity deaths and not enough about all the innocent people in the world that die everyday. Some were posting pictures of piles of dead bodies from bombs that went off and were asking why people don't care about those people.

I commented on one of their statuses and said that the American people have always made celebrity deaths a tragedy when they die and they aren't 70+ years old. I didn't see any comments after that.

Yes people die every day. Nobody knows who they are because they aren't famous. If you learned the names and lives of all the people that died everyday, you yourself would die from boredom and depression.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:38 pm

He also had a 15 yo daughter. Adolescence is tough enough without losing a parent. Poor girl.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:37 pm

SBF wrote:Jesus, I have friends on FB all bitching that people get too upset about celebrity deaths and not enough about all the innocent people in the world that die everyday. Some were posting pictures of piles of dead bodies from bombs that went off and were asking why people don't care about those people.  

I commented on one of their statuses and said that the American people have always made celebrity deaths a tragedy when they die and they aren't 70+ years old. I didn't see any comments after that.

Yes people die every day. Nobody knows who they are because they aren't famous. If you learned the names and lives of all the people that died everyday, you yourself would die from boredom and depression.
Well and the thing is that, whether we like it or not, we form an emotional relationship with celebrities. We see what we think (and might be) their real personality in interviews and on late night TV. We watch them in movies. We get a sense of who they are, what they do, and where they're going in life.

When they die - especially young - it's sort of like we've lost someone from our own lives. And we empathize with that loss more personally. Whether people like that or not, is one thing. But I, personaly, don't think there's anything wrong with it. I've never understood the argument that because we don't notice, or mourn, the deaths of everyone that this somehow means it's wrong to notice or mourn the deaths of one particular person.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:39 pm

The other thing that annoys me, is the way that so many people are making this into a seed for political discussion.

About cars. About wealth. About waste. I had to stop reading the comments sections after seeing about the 5000th comment asserting how stupid, and wasteful, and irresponsible Porsches (and cars like them) are. And how they should be illegal. And that civilized society should take them off the road.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:48 pm

thewalrus wrote:

SBF wrote:Jesus, I have friends on FB all bitching that people get too upset about celebrity deaths and not enough about all the innocent people in the world that die everyday. Some were posting pictures of piles of dead bodies from bombs that went off and were asking why people don't care about those people.  

Well and the thing is that, whether we like it or not, we form an emotional relationship with celebrities.  We see what we think (and might be) their real personality in interviews and on late night TV.  We watch them in movies.  We get a sense of who they are, what they do, and where they're going in life.

When they die - especially young - it's sort of like we've lost someone from our own lives.  And we empathize with that loss more personally.  Whether people like that or not, is one thing.  But I, personaly, don't think there's anything wrong with it.  I've never understood the argument that because we don't notice, or mourn, the deaths of everyone that this somehow means it's wrong to notice or mourn the deaths of one particular person.
I agree with this.  People do die everyday, and it is sad.  However, the mass population doesn't know - or perceive to know - most of those people. You can't tell me when a John Lennon passed away it doesn't effect more people than a John Doe.  I am not comparing Paul Walker to John Lennon but it's along the same lines. A large percentage of the country have seen Paul in a movie, or on TV, so when he dies it's a different reaction than a John Doe.  I just think it has to do with some just touch more lives than others, and that's all there is to it.  It's hard to explain, but that's how I feel.

Plus, a lot of famous people have the ability to make a difference in the world, albeit financially or using his or her fame to raise an awareness of a given issue.  I am not going to sit here and think I know how every celeb lives his or her life, but I do know that Paul Walker was one of those guys that was able to use his status and personal money to try and help people, whether it be after a national tragedy or simply helping underprivileged kids get toys for Xmas.  I've already posted an article when it talked about him buying a Marine a $10,000 ring for his fiancee.  He was even on a NatGeo TV show helping marine biologists tag sharks (I forgot about that show); he went to college to be a marine biologist.

All I'm getting at is Paul Walker seemed like a good dude.  He had the ability and the means to do good in this world and he was taking advantage of said means.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:31 am

I always heard John Lennon was kind of an asshole, and a wife-beater. Paul Walker might not have been as legendary in the arts but at least he was a kind person.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:53 am

Honor wrote:I always heard John Lennon was kind of an asshole, and a wife-beater. Paul Walker might not have been as legendary in the arts but at least he was a kind person.
He was definitely an asshole. Left his first wife on a train at a stop and never saw her again. There's some debate about whether he was a wife beater though. A lot of rumours, but no proof (the lyrics to some of his songs don't help, though "I used to be cruel to my woman, I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved" - yes, that's really a Beatles lyric.

That said, I think that what people liked about him, and the reason why his death was tragic is that he was an angry, pissed off, man for most of his life. And by about 37 - 40 he was coming around. Getting more optimistic, being a kinder and gentler soul, in other words. And then he was killed, just as everything was getting better. Plus he wrote some great music, and made a lot of wonderful memories for people.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:38 am

Ok, maybe a bad example but I think you get where I was going. :screamo: 
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:55 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Honor wrote:I always heard John Lennon was kind of an asshole, and a wife-beater. Paul Walker might not have been as legendary in the arts but at least he was a kind person.
He was definitely an asshole. Left his first wife on a train at a stop and never saw her again. There's some debate about whether he was a wife beater though. A lot of rumours, but no proof (the lyrics to some of his songs don't help, though "I used to be cruel to my woman, I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved" - yes, that's really a Beatles lyric.

That said, I think that what people liked about him, and the reason why his death was tragic is that he was an angry, pissed off, man for most of his life. And by about 37 - 40 he was coming around. Getting more optimistic, being a kinder and gentler soul, in other words. And then he was killed, just as everything was getting better. Plus he wrote some great music, and made a lot of wonderful memories for people.
how about "i'd rather see you dead little girl than to be with another man. you'd better keep your head little girl or you won't know where i am. you'd better run and hide if you can little girl, hide your headin the sand little girl. catch you with another man thats the end little girl."

i read he was very possessive and paranoid with yoko. not so sure sbout cynthia. he used to make yoko come into the bathroom and wait for him rather than in the lobby for fear she would meet someone else. he also teased brian epstein for being gay.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:05 pm

Honor wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
He was definitely an asshole.  Left his first wife on a train at a stop and never saw her again.  There's some debate about whether he was a wife beater though.  A lot of rumours, but no proof (the lyrics to some of his songs don't help, though "I used to be cruel to my woman, I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved" - yes, that's really a Beatles lyric.

That said, I think that what people liked about him, and the reason why his death was tragic is that he was an angry, pissed off, man for most of his life.  And by about 37 - 40 he was coming around.  Getting more optimistic, being a kinder and gentler soul, in other words.  And then he was killed, just as everything was getting better.  Plus he wrote some great music, and made a lot of wonderful memories for people.
how about "i'd rather see you dead little girl than to be with another man. you'd better keep your head little
Yep. Though with lyrics you have to be careful, since so much of what the Beatles (and especially Lennon) did in the mid-late 60s was for shock value.

Of course you also have quotes like this:

"Lennon told Playboy, “It’s the most violent people who go for love and peace. But I sincerely believe in love and peace. I’m a violent man who has learned not to be violent and regrets his violence” (Rappaport 28). The couple later recorded the album Some Time in New York City, which addressed the war, feminism, and harsh drug laws."

Honestly, Lennon used to be my favorite Beatle by a long run, but, over the years I've really started to like McCartney and Harrison a lot more than Lennon. They seemed much more laid back. And a lot more respectable.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Talon wrote:Ok, maybe a bad example but I think you get where I was going. :screamo: 
Well take for example Micheal Jackson. He was past his prime, he was considered a child molester (even though never convicted), and he wasn't any more popular than most "C" celebrities.

When he died, you would have thought Jesus had died. Many people came out of the woodwork, praised his life, and all the music he made.

Even when they are not popular celebrities, people still mourn.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:08 pm

SBF wrote:
Talon wrote:Ok, maybe a bad example but I think you get where I was going. :screamo: 
Well take for example Micheal Jackson. He was past his prime, he was considered a child molester (even though never convicted), and he wasn't any more popular than most "C" celebrities.

When he died, you would have thought Jesus had died. Many people came out of the woodwork, praised his life, and all the music he made.

Yeah, and I think it's because, flaws or not, they become a part of our life. Lennon and Jackson made so much great music that was integrated into our lives. When they die, it's a little bit like we were hurt as well.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:12 pm

A video interview with the jeweler who sold the marine and his girlfriend the $10,000 wedding ring set that Walker paid for and insisted be anonymous. It's only since his death that it was revealed to have been him.

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/paul-walker-was-a-true-gem-according-to-jewelry-store-clerk-170436969.html?vp=1
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:46 pm

That's awesome. That's like when Steve Buscemi anonymosyly went back to his old firefighting job in NY for a while to help with the WTC mess.

It's funny when companies donate money to charity or something and then make sure they let everyone know. To me that pretty much says "Yeah, we don't actually give a shit about this charity as much as we do for the potential for slightly increased sales from letting people know that we donated money to a charity".  That pretty much has the opposite effect on me than what they intend.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:15 pm

Honor wrote:That's awesome. That's like when Steve Buscemi anonymosyly went back to his old firefighting job in NY for a while to help with the WTC mess.

It's funny when companies donate money to charity or something and then make sure they let everyone know. To me that pretty much says "Yeah, we don't actually give a shit about this charity as much as we do for the potential for slightly increased sales from letting people know that we donated money to a charity".  That pretty much has the opposite effect on me than what they intend.
Yea, reminds me of that anti-cigarette commercial (I think it was truth.com or something) that said, XYZ cigarette company donated $500,000 to 123 charity, and then spent $10,000,000 advertising that fact.

I know I already mentioned him being on that NatGeo show about sharks, but here are a couple clips. It was called "Shark Men." They would lure the shark over a deck that was underwater, then raise the deck "trapping" the shark. The marine biologists (including PW) would jump on the deck, tag the shark and do marine biologist stuff, then lower the deck back down.

I remember watching that thinking it was pretty cool and thinking him being on the show was more of a publicity stunt. But apparently he really liked marine biology and would be one if he wasn't acting.

The show introduces him here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsPNwphIBWw

You can see him on the show here, straddling the back of the shark. So yea, he was getting his hands dirty.

https://youtu.be/6BiB2Z6A8GY?t=23m
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:02 pm

Honor wrote:

That always reminds me of this old Onion article (apparently you have to pay if you want to read more than an article or 3 a month…. BS

http://www.theonion.com/articles/corporate-philanthropymisanthropy-ratio-holding-st,486/
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:54 pm

News reports are saying that the Coroners report was that the Porsche was exceeding 100mph and that Walkers body was so badly burned it was unrecognizable and his organs could not be used since he was an organ donor.

This seriously could not get anymore tragic.  :classicsad: 
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:09 am

SBF wrote:

:sids motherfuckin a 

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:08 pm

I meant to put C-list :lol:
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:45 pm

Michael Jackson was arguably the most famous entertainer in history. Thriller is still the best selling album of all time. I don't know what makes you think that he wasnt that popular.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Often referred to by the honorific nickname "King of Pop", or by his initials MJ,[3] Jackson is recognized as the most successful entertainer of all time by Guinness World Records. His contributions to music, dance, and fashion, along with his publicized personal life, made him a global figure in popular culture for over four decades.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:47 pm

Why so serious Honor? I never said he wasn't popular.

Maybe I didn't phrase it properly, but what I meant to say he had completely fallen off the radar, almost completely. He only emerged when he started all the rehersals for his tour that didn't happen because he died.

My whole point was that nobody talked about him, nobody played his music, and when he died, it was the second coming of Christs death.

IMO, up to his death he was not that popular anymore, at least here in the US and that was what I was getting at.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:35 pm

i dont think the guy could step out of his door without 500 photographers in his face. there's not many current A listers who have it worse than that. he was just about the biggest superstar on the planet

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:42 pm

He was popular in his day. Just not so much with people born after the 80's.
I remember when Thriller came out, my mom and aunts went fucking ape-shit.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum