Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its True

+2
JaysonAych
SBF
6 posters

Go down

Its True Empty Its True

Post by SBF Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:18 pm

Its True Tumblr_lv4tx6ylFN1qjvgms
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Its True Empty Re: Its True

Post by JaysonAych Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:23 pm

One of these things is not like the others...
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:59 pm

Yeah they're freaking huge.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:37 pm

I got to drive a NA Miata today. ^_^

/related
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:44 pm

I actually drove an NSX about 10 years ago. Just around the parking lot up to the service entrance though.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:03 am

Its True Origin10

They don't really look that big in person until you have something to compare them to.
R&T has a comparo between a GTR and a ZL1, and it looks like it's as big as the Camaro, if not slightly bigger.

Its True 2013-c10
Its True 2013-c11
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:30 am

I'll be honest. I do not like the GTR. It looks like a bloated Admiral Ackbar. It is fast as hell and a computer nerds dream, but I can't get past the looks. Nissan took a leap in the wrong direction when it came to the styling. I also do not like the lack of a manual trans, but that takes a side seat to the looks.

And TJ, I would still take the Camaro over the GTR.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:30 am

As soon as I got the new R&T and saw that article, my first thought was "The Camaro is going to get raped." And, it did.

The GTR is a badass machine, but it's like driving a computer. The car does all the thinking for the driver, and the fact you can't get one with three pedals kills it for me. For the money, give me a C4S or even better, a C6Z06.

I got to ride in a friend's as he was doing laps for NASA TT qualification. It was his back-up car after his TT Civic blew up and he needed to complete more sessions for his weekend to even count, so it was 100% stock, down to the all season tires. It was pretty sweet, I will say that.

Its True P7174845
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:33 am

But speaking of the NSX, god damn I wish they weren't so expensive. That has to be one of the most perfect weekend warrior track cars out there, IMO. Light weight, mid-engine, RWD, enough power to be fun but not too much to get a novice in trouble, handles like a dream, low maintenance, and very easy on tires/brakes.

If they were like 40k, it would be hard to say no to a car like that.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:34 pm

Speaking of C&D, they did one of their used car specials a few years ago and said you can pick up a early NSX for around $20k....

That said I only found three nationwide on Autotrader for less than $20k. :classicsad:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:04 pm

SBF wrote:I'll be honest. I do not like the GTR. It looks like a bloated Admiral Ackbar. It is fast as hell and a computer nerds dream, but I can't get past the looks. Nissan took a leap in the wrong direction when it came to the styling. I also do not like the lack of a manual trans, but that takes a side seat to the looks.

Yeah, there's no denying it's a fantastic car, especially when you consider how well it outperforms vehicles costing tens of thousands more. But it's too awkwardly-styled for my tastes. It looks like 3 different cars welded together.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:23 pm

SBF wrote:I'll be honest. I do not like the GTR. It looks like a bloated Admiral Ackbar. It is fast as hell and a computer nerds dream, but I can't get past the looks. Nissan took a leap in the wrong direction when it came to the styling. I also do not like the lack of a manual trans, but that takes a side seat to the looks.

And TJ, I would still take the Camaro over the GTR.
Me too. I'm freakin' in love with the ZL1, but I still actually like the GTR; styling, flappy-paddles and all. She's no beauty queen, but she's badass.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down