Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found Sitting Around -The Thread

4 posters

Go down

Found Sitting Around -The Thread Empty Found Sitting Around -The Thread

Post by SBF Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:08 am

This is a thread for cool and interesting cars found sitting around for a long time (or at least look it). Anyone can post, so show some pics!

And Jay could you make this a sticky?

My two first submissions, is a '75-'78 Charger and an old Rolls Royce.

Found Sitting Around -The Thread Pictur12

Found Sitting Around -The Thread Img_0211
Found Sitting Around -The Thread Img_0210
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Found Sitting Around -The Thread Empty Re: Found Sitting Around -The Thread

Post by Tailhappy Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:33 am

Is that Charger for sale? I'm looking at getting a malaise era (1973-1980ish) car for my next project, that or an extended cab 2WD 1988-1997 Chevy or GMC fullsize truck.

As far as the car goes I'm not too concerned with its exterior condition (no major rot or rust tho), I'd like to just have a little (if anything) to do with the drivetrain.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Benfolio wrote:Is that Charger for sale?

Don't know, It was sitting behind a building next door to the one I was working at.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:02 pm

There's a farm house I pass every day on the way to work that I think the old people that lived there died in sometime in the past year. There was always the same two cars in the driveway and never moved, and when it snowed no footprints were ever outside the house.
Over the past few months though, there's been a lot of activity. The cars are gone, the barn(s) open, tons of piles of stuff that is there in the morning and gone by the evening, and just recently, a rusty yellow International pickup surfaced from somewhere and is sitting outside the barn closest to the road.
I don't wanna try and park on said busy road to attempt a pic, but remembering my fascination with the "rusty cars" collections on Flickr a few months back, I'm tempted to add to it.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:02 pm

One of my neighbors has a green unrestored '53 or so F100 pickup. Its been sitting in the same spot for at least 20 years, that's when I moved into the neighborhood. There are actually rust stains on the asphalt from it. Also my father has a semi restored 1971 Mercedes that never moves.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:11 pm

About the f100, a bout a year or so someone ran into it and fucked up one of the fenders, so the guy had it loaded onto a flatbed and taken to a shop where they replaced it. Then the truck went back to its eternal resting spot.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:26 pm

AFAIK it's illegal around here to have derelict cars parked out in the open. I never seen anything like this. :undies:
guy down the street from me has two '68 Mustang coupes. One's a Highland green GT (not a fastback unfortunately), and the other's an off-white GT/CS (of course, also not a fastback...as though one existed).
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down