Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, CAN I PLEASE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION!

+11
Turbojett
1300ZUK
millertime
Tailhappy
SBF
Dodge
ascona
Talon
Swerve
JaysonAych
raska
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, CAN I PLEASE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION! - Page 2 Empty Re: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, CAN I PLEASE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION!

Post by Honor Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:19 am

What's less reliable?  Raska or his car?
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, CAN I PLEASE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION! - Page 2 Empty Re: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, CAN I PLEASE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION!

Post by JaysonAych Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:56 am

The dream still lives :yay:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1300ZUK Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:44 pm

Super busy looks like he went a motorcycling adventure

1300ZUK
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:41 pm

Hmnnnn... if this is nothing but a giant tease, I'm going to be mighty unhappy. I was looking forward to not getting work done, again.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:42 pm

Anyway, yes, I'm in and happy to help.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by raska Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:34 am

www.automobileforum.com

Sorry for being a bit of a tease by starting the buzz early. It has legs, but no real architecture. I am giving Jason and miller admin for now as well, so hopefully Jason will be the first architect. Other mods and input people have as all good.

My thought is let us try to kick it off decently enough for the kids, and we can have a private section of the forum for the legacy members to reminiss and discuss and let anything fly.

raska
Why hast [INSERT DEITY HERE] forsaken me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:31 am

Registered.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by raska Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:25 pm

Sweet. As you join up we'll add people to the "AF Original" group for some kudos, maybe permissions of things in future, and access to a "Legacy" forum that is invisible to others where we can reminisce and not be burdened by trying to make other sections work safe and such.

raska

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:11 pm

I made a couple posts but it said they need to be approved by an admin.....? Probably just a setting that needs to be updated or something.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:34 pm

wait… what? I can't get on. Still shows that "last update August 24 webpage".

Are you trying to subtly tell me something?
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by raska Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:48 pm

Growing pains. Ya permissions and little glitches and such need to worked out. Been a few years and a few changes to the administration of it all. Costs sure went down of hosting though is nice! When I'm not on my phone I'll look into the approval issue talon. I thought I'd made it super open registration at least for the short term but apparently not.

Walrus, make sure you're doing a full refresh and all in your browser, but it could have not made it around the world yet. It can take up to 24 hrs for the DNS change and that doesn't arrive until 3am PST tonight...

raska

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:06 pm

I'm IN!
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:38 pm

Awww shit.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:44 pm

I'm registered, but I went with my updated nickname, "tut"
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:36 pm

I'm all nice and registered now. :)
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:27 am

I reg'd.  ^_^
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:31 am

6kb avatar? ICQ and AIM screen names? Is this 2004?
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:08 pm

This is the only place on the internet I use the "Dodge" alias anymore. It's time to bury that persona. RIP Dodge.
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:33 pm

I joined up. I wanted to go with my original name, but it said it was too long. SBF it is.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:11 pm

what name are you using this time, Dodge? Conedodger?
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:20 pm

Yeah, ConeDodger has been my main alias for about 5 years now everywhere else on the internets lol
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Similar to dodge i will be tut. Which had been my online name since 2008....
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:42 pm

It's funny, I registered as 'thewalrus', just because it seemed odd to not do that. Even though, really, that name is sourced from my undergraduate obsession with the Beatles, and not really applicable to me in any major way, any longer. Still enjoy their music, but I'm no longers nearly as obsessed. Used to listen to their stuff every day. I bet it's been at least a month since I heard my last Beatles song... and well over a year since I listened to one of their albums from beginning to end.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:54 pm

I can't get TailHappy in a FWD car, and my Trans Am is LONG from being on the road, so, might as well have signed up under Takuro Spirit which I have been using for the past few years even though my Dark Tower obsession is waning, maybe that just means the movie/mini series will finally get made and I can jump back into it again, or nah.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:14 am

I always thought tailhappy was more a euphemism for... :perv:

anyway, I hear S2000's are kinda cheapish now...
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:21 am

So far i'm giving this new AF 0 Yelps!
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:52 am

Why are there North American and European sections but Japanese instead of Asian? It's like a forum that's been away for years and missed the rise of China, India and a South Korea...but still gives Canada and Mexico credit for anything...

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:50 pm

And this is another fine example of why things should never be launched until they are ready to launch. Is there anyone out there that has time on their hands and could help Jayson create the architecture of the forum and actually get it started?
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:40 pm

The new board is weird on the admin side.  It seems like it should have more features, and it does seem like it has the potential to be more expandable, but there's a lot I can't do there that I can do here.  I also don't seem to have permissions for things that I should.  For instance, I can't respond to or send PMs, even though the permissions say I'm supposed to be able to do so.  I had a couple of neat ideas for something new but I don't see how I can implement them given what's there.

I did just up the avatar file size to 100 Kb, 150 x 150, so baby steps I guess.

EDIT: Figured out why some of my shit wasn't working. And discovered that we have our first spammer.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:30 am

what, already?

anyway, I'm sure we all know how it should be set up, but getting it set up that way would be the problem. what needs to be done, and how can we do it?
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:18 am

We actually had two spammers. Fortunately, their posts were awaiting approval and didn't make it up.

UNfortunately, it seems we have to approve posts for some people and I'm not seeing an easy way to give everyone in the AF Original group permission to make posts without waiting for approval.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:57 am

yeah, I still need permission to post anywhere outside of The Good Old Days. Probably needs some more fiddling around to figure stuff out.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:01 am

In! Lets see how long it lasts...

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:03 am

seems to be a bit of a breach rebirth. Anyway it looks like I got a couple days off. I don't really have any experience with this stuff, but I'd be happy to help fiddle around with it, if only to help figure things out...
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2