Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nestlé introduces bottled water for “trendy, high-income” women

+6
thewalrus
Pennzoil GT-R
millertime
Les_Vipers_rule
Tailhappy
Honor
10 posters

Go down

Nestlé introduces bottled water for “trendy, high-income” women  Empty Nestlé introduces bottled water for “trendy, high-income” women

Post by Honor Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:05 am

Because sometimes water is more than just water.

http://www.salon.com/2013/06/10/nestle_introduces_bottled_water_for_trendy_high_income_women/

Ladies, if you’re lucky enough to live somewhere with access to clean drinking water, then you know that the stuff coming straight from your tap is enough to keep you alive in a purely physiological sense. But can you “live your best life” while drinking H2O from the sink? Can you “have it all” while drinking off-brand bottled water you bought at the deli?

The answer is no, you can’t

And Nestlé knows that, which is why the company launched “Resource” on Monday, a premium water made specifically for “a woman who is a little more on the trendy side and higher-income side,” according to Larry Cooper, group marketing manager for Resource.

Resource is more than just a beverage, it’s a reflection of who you are as a woman in the very deepest and most personal sense of your very being, as Cooper went on to explain to the New York Times: “We want to raise it to the level of a lifestyle brand,” he said, “where she’s proud to carry around Resource as her bottled water accessory, so to speak.”

Who is the Resource woman, you ask? Well, according to the promotional video, she loves yoga, nature and controlled acrobatics set to ambient techno.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Nestlé introduces bottled water for “trendy, high-income” women  Empty Re: Nestlé introduces bottled water for “trendy, high-income” women

Post by Honor Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:11 am

I have a $20 brita filter system on my faucet, and I fill a big bottle up with it every day. Less plastic waste, and much, much less money. I know this bottled water thing is nothing new, but what's next? Bags of air? People are fucking idiots.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Nestlé introduces bottled water for “trendy, high-income” women  Empty Re: Nestlé introduces bottled water for “trendy, high-income” women

Post by Tailhappy Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Bags.... or cans?

Nestlé introduces bottled water for “trendy, high-income” women  Canned-air
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:51 pm

"There's a sucker born every minute."

quoted by: Mr. George Hull, of Binghamton, New York
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:05 pm

Honor wrote:I have a $20 brita filter system on my faucet, and I fill a big bottle up with it every day. Less plastic waste, and much, much less money. I know this bottled water thing is nothing new, but what's next? Bags of air? People are fucking idiots.

I don't even bother with the filter
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:58 pm

The worlds going fucking mad.

They absolutely love that Fiji water shit here. Basically tap water flown in from Fiji that costs about $20 a bottle.

I just drink tap water :hmmm:

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 am

I notice a difference between tap and filtered water, so I don't drink a lot of tap water. I did get a filtered bottle - regular refillable water bottle with a Brita filter. Fill them up, throw them in the fridge. Fantastic. Cold, crisp and clean. And cheap too. These things are $8, and they last for 300 fills.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:42 am

I can't stand tap water. It's like drinking out of a swimming pool.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:56 am

The tap water around here is pretty good, all things considered. I couldn't really tell any difference in taste when I used to use my Brita pitcher.

Last edited by JaysonAych on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:39 am

Wow, really? That's pretty amazing. I thought tap water was pretty much the same everywhere.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:26 am

Depends where it comes from and whats in it. You can tell apart different water suppliers in the UK, at least I can.

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:39 am

Honor wrote:Wow, really? That's pretty amazing. I thought tap water was pretty much the same everywhere.

Yep - there are a few places in Alberta where the tap water is just fantastic - usually smaller towns, I find. I find Edmonton to be pretty bad though. Lethbridge was alright.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:38 pm

JaysonAych wrote:The tap water around here is pretty good, all things considered. I couldn't really tell any difference in taste when I used to use my Brita pitcher.

Ditto. Quit using the Brita. I either use tap or typically use the water out of the 'fridge just because it's colder.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:58 pm

Although I can notice a slight difference between tap water and filtered water. The tap water around here is pretty good. And if it wasn't I probably wouldn't care anyway.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:56 pm

No water tastes better than tap water out of the bathroom sink. Can't explain it. Must be the aeration that occurs, or childhood memories of sticking my head in the sink to drink right out of the tap. NUMMY.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:30 pm

Tailhappy wrote:No water tastes better than tap water out of the bathroom sink. Can't explain it. Must be the aeration that occurs, or childhood memories of sticking my head in the sink to drink right out of the tap. NUMMY.

I would definitely have to agree.  However, one big condition is that it is my own or a family or friends bathroom sink.  And what are you talking about "childhood memories".  I still stick my head in the sink to drink out of the tap every single night after brushing my teeth.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:52 pm

millertime wrote:
Tailhappy wrote:No water tastes better than tap water out of the bathroom sink. Can't explain it. Must be the aeration that occurs, or childhood memories of sticking my head in the sink to drink right out of the tap. NUMMY.

I would definitely have to agree.  However, one big condition is that it is my own or a family or friends bathroom sink.  And what are you talking about "childhood memories".  I still stick my head in the sink to drink out of the tap every single night after brushing my teeth.

Are you telling me that the water coming out of the tap in the bathroom of the local Greyhound station doesn't taste good??
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:32 pm

millertime wrote:

If I wake up thirsty in the middle of the night, I do the same.

Also, whoa, buttons are back. And things look funny.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:42 pm

JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Olds Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:07 pm

Toronto tap water is fantastic. I drink that shit all the time, son. Yeah.
Olds
Olds

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:54 pm

Go to about 16 1/2 minutes in to get to the bottled water section.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:35 pm

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:"There's a sucker born every minute."

I thought that was P.T. Barnum.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:32 am

Turbojett wrote:
Les_Vipers_rule wrote:"There's a sucker born every minute."

I thought that was P.T. Barnum.

Yes, most did/do but it was George Hull who coined the quote.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down