Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No parking, not even for an emergency dammit!

+3
Honor
SBF
JaysonAych
7 posters

Go down

No parking, not even for an emergency dammit! Empty No parking, not even for an emergency dammit!

Post by JaysonAych Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:36 am

An ambulance was called to a New Orleans convenience store where a man was reporting chest pains. While the EMTs were inside the store working on the guy, one of the store's employees put a boot on the ambulance (which still had its lights flashing) for being a non-customer vehicle parked on their property. EMTs loaded the man into the ambulance unaware of the boot and tried to drive off when the boot flattened their tire and had to call another ambulance to transport the patient.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/eyewitness/brendanmccarthy/Ambulance-gets-booted-while-tending-to-emergency-181631351.html

:mercifulend:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

No parking, not even for an emergency dammit! Empty Re: No parking, not even for an emergency dammit!

Post by SBF Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:36 pm

Uhh, I've never heard of a store being able to boot a vehicle. That's usually up to a certain municipality for non-payment of tickets or something of the sort. Usually the store calls a tow truck to remove non-customer cars.

If that patient survived his chest pains, I would sue the fuck out of that convenience store.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

No parking, not even for an emergency dammit! Empty Re: No parking, not even for an emergency dammit!

Post by Honor Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:41 pm

did you see this on fark? thats where i saw the other story.
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:24 pm

It made it to Jalopnik.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Gotta hope for Karma. The asshole store employer/employee needs a good dose of bad Karma hopefully when they have a medical emergency and need an ambulance.

I too hope the patient (assuming he survived) SUES THE HELL OUT OF THE STORE!
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:35 pm

clockbreaker wrote:did you see this on fark? thats where i saw the other story.

I saw it posted to Something Awful, but maybe that person saw it on Fark.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:14 pm

They used to pull this shit in the UK. They changed the law because people got so pissed off with it, now if someone puts a boot on your car they can go to jail - the way it should be :cheers:

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:27 am

good. maybe we should do the same for that idiot store employee. i know there's some sort of penalty for obstructing an emergency vehicle's path in traffic. maybe this carries a similar (worse) punishment.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down