Porsche Club Fun Day

Go down

Porsche Club Fun Day

Post by Talon on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:46 pm

Took the Acura out again yesterday; hit up Nelsons with the Porsche Club. Jumped up to group A so passing was pretty liberal. Had another - but much more intense - drift going through turn one, which is taken at about 80mph. The RSXS is a great handling car, but if you brake a moment too late she will get loose in the ass pretty quick. I was practicing my trailbraking and the back started to let go I few minor corrections kept it straight. No video, though, because I had an instructor with me the first session so I didn't have any cameras running. :classicsad:

I ended up buying a GoPro and have a video uploading now. The track is so bumpy all the inside vids came out looking like shit. Will post up when it's done.

But, for now:





















^Back straight, hitting ~120 breaking to about 95 for the turn. You can hear that little rice eater screaming! :talon2:
avatar
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4156
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Porsche Club Fun Day

Post by Talon on Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:28 pm

Ok, here's the other video. The wind noise was unbearable. I bought something for the GoPro that is supposed to help, but I didn't have it in time. So, no engine tones, which is a shame...



You can also see how bumpy the track is; I don't remember it being that bad last year. I felt really bad for any and all suspension bushings...
avatar
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4156
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Porsche Club Fun Day

Post by Talon on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:03 pm

Another video from the other side of the car.

avatar
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4156
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Porsche Club Fun Day

Post by SBF on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:57 am

Man, I really like the RSX. It's basically an Integra, which I also like not riced the fuck out. I'd get one as an autocrosser.

You make me Jealous.

Fuck you. :smellywub:
avatar
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4228
Join date : 2008-07-21
Age : 36
Location : B-Town, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Porsche Club Fun Day

Post by Honor on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:01 am

Just play Forza like the rest of us assholes. :jay:
avatar
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 9110
Join date : 2008-05-31
Age : 37
Location : West Chester, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Porsche Club Fun Day

Post by Tailhappy on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:43 am

clockbreaker wrote:Just play Forza like the rest of us assholes. :jay:

+1

How much can you do to the suspension in your class? I'd look at softening the rear or adding some more camber if they allow it (and make sure the toe is set correctly) to prevent the ass from stepping out when it gets light.
avatar
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4716
Join date : 2008-06-16
Age : 38
Location : Compton

View user profile http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Porsche Club Fun Day

Post by SBF on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:01 am

clockbreaker wrote:Just play Forza like the rest of us assholes. :jay:

I used to until my shit broke. Money has been too tight to get another. New or used.

Plus once you get involved with something like SCCA, NASA, or even just a Car Club that goes to the track, you really get the bug to have a trackable car. It's been awhile since I've done anything, but I definitely still wish I had a car and the money to rock around the track every few weeks.
avatar
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4228
Join date : 2008-07-21
Age : 36
Location : B-Town, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Porsche Club Fun Day

Post by Talon on Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:31 pm

SBF wrote:Man, I really like the RSX. It's basically an Integra, which I also like not riced the fuck out. I'd get one as an autocrosser.

You make me Jealous.

Fuck you. :smellywub:

:cheers:

The K series motors are miles above the B series. All I've done to the car is intake, exhaust, and tune and it yielded 30-35 whp on a Mustang Dyno. That's fantastic for an NA motor. You'd have to do a ton more work to a B series to get the same results, including head porting, over-boring, etc. The guys at Pure Tuning love the K series motors and use the K24 (I think it's called that - CRV motor) in their TT Civic.

I am not sure about the handling, but I would think it's at least on par.
avatar
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4156
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Porsche Club Fun Day

Post by Talon on Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:32 pm

clockbreaker wrote:Just play Forza like the rest of us assholes. :jay:

GT5! :curses:
avatar
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4156
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Porsche Club Fun Day

Post by Talon on Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:33 pm

Benfolio wrote:
clockbreaker wrote:Just play Forza like the rest of us assholes. :jay:

+1

How much can you do to the suspension in your class? I'd look at softening the rear or adding some more camber if they allow it (and make sure the toe is set correctly) to prevent the ass from stepping out when it gets light.

I have. The car was just aligned a few weeks ago. I can't adjust the camber until I buy adjustable tie rods or whatever they're called., and install them. I'd love to get ~ 1.5-2* up front and .5* in the back. I still drive this car on the street, remember. Maybe next year. I've already dropped enough into it this year, so the current set-up will have to do.
avatar
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4156
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Porsche Club Fun Day

Post by Talon on Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:43 pm

SBF wrote:
clockbreaker wrote:Just play Forza like the rest of us assholes. :jay:

I used to until my shit broke. Money has been too tight to get another. New or used.

Plus once you get involved with something like SCCA, NASA, or even just a Car Club that goes to the track, you really get the bug to have a trackable car. It's been awhile since I've done anything, but I definitely still wish I had a car and the money to rock around the track every few weeks.

Pretty much. After the accident in the Evo, I basically decided I was done. Took a year off, but I'd still go to the events to hang out with one of my buddies. I got the itch so bought the Acura from a friend to take out a few times. I didn't want to end on a bad note, so I decided to leave it stock, get a few more sessions under my belt, and sell it. That was three years ago. I figure I am going to keep doing it as long as I can afford it. It's too fun to stop... :talon2:

Plus, doing this stuff has all but ruined auto-x for me. I don't find it that exciting anymore. I'd take the Evo to that, but, meh.
avatar
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4156
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Porsche Club Fun Day

Post by SBF on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Talon wrote:
SBF wrote:
clockbreaker wrote:Just play Forza like the rest of us assholes. :jay:

I used to until my shit broke. Money has been too tight to get another. New or used.

Plus once you get involved with something like SCCA, NASA, or even just a Car Club that goes to the track, you really get the bug to have a trackable car. It's been awhile since I've done anything, but I definitely still wish I had a car and the money to rock around the track every few weeks.

Pretty much. After the accident in the Evo, I basically decided I was done. Took a year off, but I'd still go to the events to hang out with one of my buddies. I got the itch so bought the Acura from a friend to take out a few times. I didn't want to end on a bad note, so I decided to leave it stock, get a few more sessions under my belt, and sell it. That was three years ago. I figure I am going to keep doing it as long as I can afford it. It's too fun to stop... :talon2:

Plus, doing this stuff has all but ruined auto-x for me. I don't find it that exciting anymore. I'd take the Evo to that, but, meh.

Oh for sure, autocross doesn't compare to track time. I spent a lot of time at Mid-Ohio and Road America getting to know the tracks and hearing the guys who are veterans there talk and give tips to each other.

One thing I will always regret is not getting a track car before I got married, because things would be way different right now.
avatar
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4228
Join date : 2008-07-21
Age : 36
Location : B-Town, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Porsche Club Fun Day

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum