Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not many games let you drive an AMC Pacer and an Olds Vista Cruiser.

+5
SBF
Turbojett
Honor
Tailhappy
JaysonAych
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Not many games let you drive an AMC Pacer and an Olds Vista Cruiser. - Page 2 Empty Re: Not many games let you drive an AMC Pacer and an Olds Vista Cruiser.

Post by SBF Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:12 pm

Now my screen either goes fuzzy or makes some checkerboard pattern. Light stays green.

Oh and BTW, the guy who did that fix on that link must be fucking the cheapest fuck alive. When I got to the part where he used a drill press to make bigger holes, I closed the window.
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Not many games let you drive an AMC Pacer and an Olds Vista Cruiser. - Page 2 Empty Re: Not many games let you drive an AMC Pacer and an Olds Vista Cruiser.

Post by SBF Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Yeah, It's gonna give me an RROD soon. I just looked up as much as I could find on the net and it looks like the Checkerboard screen is a precursor to the E74 Code. Unfortunately I am out of warranty so I'm fuxored.

I should just hide some cash and buy a slim. (that won't happen)
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:47 pm

Just fix it. I did it with those instructions and mine hasnt had a problem since. And call me a noob but why does drilling holes make him cheap?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:32 pm

Because that's going to the extreme just to fix a electronic device that's 5 years old that in working order is only worth about $50. Yeah I don't have the money to get a new XBOX, but that shit looks waaaaaaay to fucking time consuming. I mean I don't want my dining room table scattered with XBOX parts, then go find thermal paste (where do you even get that shit?), go buy these new extra screws, run down to my buddies dads house to use a drill press, put everything back together, and then have a 50/50 chance of it working right again. Then if it does work, how long after that?

Maybe I'll do this, but it just seems like a waste.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:58 pm

You dont have to use a drill press. I just used an electric hand-held one.

And you can test it before you put it back together to make sure you did it right so you don't have to worry much about that.

It's up to you, it probably takes about 3-4 hours at the most. And I got my thermal paste off of ebay.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:03 am

Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:08 am

Or you could buy a used one for 75-120 bucks or so, but there's no guarantee that won't rrod too. Doing this repair pretty much makes them rrod/error proof though.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:23 am

Cue talon saying how the 360 is an unreliable turd. ^_^
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:55 am

Alright, I'll probably try this. I'm worried I'm going to fuck it up really. It's definitely something with the GPU, because it only does it if I start a game.

Oh and it still hasn't RROD'd yet.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:08 pm

:hmmm:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:08 pm

Its only a matter of time til it rrods. Mine froze up at first too.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:16 pm

When Gears 3 comes out I’ll fire up the old seXbox again and use it… hopefully it still works. I heard there’s a new Ace Combat coming out too. :fap:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:15 pm

Play Forza 4 with us too.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:41 pm

Odd are I'll buy it, but prob won't pay for the service. :zachsgotgas:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:44 pm

It's so cheap a hobo could afford it.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:40 pm

Free is better. Plus, my Xbox doesn't have wireless or bluetooth (you know, those things the PS3 comes with standard... even gen 1 systems... couldn't resist. :lol: ), so that's something else I'd have to buy.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:01 pm

No doubt the PS3 has alot of advantages. Blu-ray, web browser, etc. etc. But xbox live is better than playstation online, and the xbox controller is better too.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:02 pm

I'd rather pay a little money for a good online service like XBL than have a dull and mediocre one like PSN.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:18 pm

clockbreaker wrote:No doubt the PS3 has alot of advantages. Blu-ray, web browser, etc. etc. But xbox live is better than playstation online, and the xbox controller is better too.

Backwards compatibility, doesn't sound like a weed whacker... :bluntman:

I disagree about the controllers. I prefer the PS3. The 360 one gives me carpal-tunnel after a while.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:20 pm

clockbreaker wrote:I'd rather pay a little money for a good online service like XBL than have a dull and mediocre one like PSN.

I don't mind PSN. Never had an issue. What makes XBL so much better?
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Pfft, I have wireless in my house but my Uverse TV is ethernet internet based so I just plug my Xbox into my Uverse "cable" box under my TV via ethernet and VOILA! Internetty goodness.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Talon wrote:
clockbreaker wrote:No doubt the PS3 has alot of advantages. Blu-ray, web browser, etc. etc. But xbox live is better than playstation online, and the xbox controller is better too.

I disagree about the controllers. I prefer the PS3. The 360 one gives me carpal-tunnel after a while.

Haha, PS3 controllers do the same thing to me. And you can install games to the harddrive and it makes the console super quiet. The PS3 does the same thing, only it doesnt give you a choice whether to install the game or not. So if you take GT5 over your buddies house, and he doesnt have the game installed already on his PS3, you'll have to wait 10-15 minutes before you can play.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Benfolio wrote:Pfft, I have wireless in my house but my Uverse TV is ethernet internet based so I just plug my Xbox into my Uverse "cable" box under my TV via ethernet and VOILA! Internetty goodness.

Good for you, but that doesn't solve my problem. My TV and router are 30' away from each otehr. Not an issue for the PS3 -_-
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:32 pm

clockbreaker wrote:
Talon wrote:

Haha, PS3 controllers do the same thing to me. And you can install games to the harddrive and it makes the console super quiet. The PS3 does the same thing, only it doesnt give you a choice whether to install the game or not. So if you take GT5 over your buddies house, and he doesnt have the game installed already on his PS3, you'll have to wait 10-15 minutes before you can play.

I am pretty sure it does... at least on GT5. I thought I remember it asking me, like "d/l these 4 gigs so it can run faster or don't and run it off the disk." I don't think it asked for GTA4 or Duke Nukem though.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:20 pm

MY GAME HAS SHIPPED!!!!!!!

OH FUCK ITS A HOLIDAY MONDAY!!!!!

Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:14 am

Where's my god damn game, Amazon?????? :curses:

They sent me my pre-order car codes, but not the game yet. :lol:
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:57 am

Haha, nothing like shifting into a tractor trailer and hitting your race opponents head on.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:32 am

I love that they actually WANT you to do it in the game.

I've been doing all the side missions and BS and not playing the story, collecting movie tokens so I can unlock all the movie chases. I think I got five already.... The Bullitt chase is completely awesome.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:18 pm

Benfolio wrote: The Bullitt chase is completely awesome.
wait wait wait....
WHAAAAAT?! :sids motherfuckin a
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:36 pm

Turbojett wrote:
Benfolio wrote: The Bullitt chase is completely awesome.
wait wait wait....
WHAAAAAT?! :sids motherfuckin a

I'm not sure that the actual Bullitt chase in possible in San Francisco. They filmed it all over the city, and there's no real easy connections between a lot of the scenes.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:59 pm

oh no. they start in one section in the northwest section of the city (IIRC) and then jump well to the south near the end of the chase.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:56 pm

You drive a 68 Mustang and chase a Charger across the "city". You get to jump off hills. You do not get to see it blow up. Just crash.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:51 pm

Have you hit eighty eight in the DeLorean yet?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Cars in this game are WAY faster than irl tho.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:27 pm

clockbreaker wrote:Have you hit eighty eight in the DeLorean yet?

Oh yes. :talon2: AND passed the garage test.... after three or four times. It wasn't counting my lap for some reason.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:22 am

Took me a few tries too. The slalom was a pain.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:24 am

It almost seems like it harldy even matters what cars you pick for races. I was racing my GT-R against a few of those Alfa 158s or whatever theyre called and they were more or less keeping up with me. Come on...
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:32 am

clockbreaker wrote:It almost seems like it harldy even matters what cars you pick for races. I was racing my GT-R against a few of those Alfa 158s or whatever theyre called and they were more or less keeping up with me. Come on...

To be fair, 159s also keep up with Bond's DBS in Quantum of Solace...

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:04 pm

I was cruising around checking out a newly unlocked section of map in my Ford GT when a Ram 3500 Dually passed me (first time I had seen it in game).... I figured, why the fuck not, and shifted into it.
Found my new fun car of the game! If you boost going up hills, it'll wheelie off the jump and land hard on the rear axle, then bounce a couple times on the front. Also, donuts are smoky and amazing. Plus you can smash it all to shit, it takes a long time.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:33 pm

So this game is out now?
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next