Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beavis and Butt-Head making a comeback

+2
Tailhappy
JaysonAych
6 posters

Go down

Beavis and Butt-Head making a comeback Empty Beavis and Butt-Head making a comeback

Post by JaysonAych Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:22 am

JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Beavis and Butt-Head making a comeback Empty Re: Beavis and Butt-Head making a comeback

Post by Tailhappy Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:36 am

Everything old is new again.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Beavis and Butt-Head making a comeback Empty Re: Beavis and Butt-Head making a comeback

Post by Talon Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:59 am

CORNHOLIO!
Talon
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:32 pm

i've been watching them on netflix lately. theyre pretty hit or miss. "woodshop" is pretty good though.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:54 am

It really shows us how far we've come as a sick, humorous society. Most of the stuff B&B did was cutting edge, barely legal for TV.

Now its been surpassed many times over and doesn't have the shock or laugh factor it once had.

If you've SEEN the show years ago, you laugh because you reminisce. If you've never seen it before you don't get it, its not that funny.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:36 pm

yeah south park makes it look pretty tame.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:43 pm

I loved B&B back in the day.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Talon wrote:I loved B&B back in the day.

I didn't have cable the first few years it originally aired, and I did everything I could to get over to my friends' houses to watch it. It was great back in the day.

It doesn't hold up so well though nowadays. There's still some moments and episodes that are great, but overall, it's a show that belongs to its time period. Early episodes of South Park have gotten that way too.

I think a new show COULD be great, but they're going to have to be careful not to rely on old stand-by gags and do some new things.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Not to mention at the time I was like 10. My dad and I would watch it... my mom hated that. :lol:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:36 am

they couldn't.

mtv doesn't air music anymore. let alone rock
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:24 pm

we didn't have cable, either, so I didn't get to see a lot of it when it was on, but what I did see, I thought was crazy and hilarious, and I remember thinking my folks would have never let me watch something like that, I mean, they wouldn't even let me read Mad Magazine. So "Pee pee for my bunghole" woulda never flew.
And then South Park was kind of the same feeling, but I was older and by then my parents didn't give a shit what I watched. I still wouldn't have let them in on it though, one mention of "Oh my God, they killed Kenny!" and i thought my mom would've flipped.

Now i know them better and the humor on their old vinyls was about as depraived, but in a different way.
(but still campy...it was from the 60's and 70's after all)
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:30 pm

ascona wrote:they couldn't.

fuck mtv. you've all heard the rant.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:35 pm

Turbojett wrote:we didn't have cable, either, so I didn't get to see a lot of it when it was on, but what I did see, I thought was crazy and hilarious, and I remember thinking my folks would have never let me watch something like that, I mean, they wouldn't even let me read Mad Magazine. So "Pee pee for my bunghole" woulda never flew.
And then South Park was kind of the same feeling, but I was older and by then my parents didn't give a shit what I watched. I still wouldn't have let them in on it though, one mention of "Oh my God, they killed Kenny!" and i thought my mom would've flipped.

Now i know them better and the humor on their old vinyls was about as depraived, but in a different way.
(but still campy...it was from the 60's and 70's after all)

When I taped episodes of B&B and South Park, my dad and I would watch them together. We still watch South Park sometimes when I visit :lol: :lol: :lol:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:37 am

the older south parks kinda sucked, and i didnt watch them much or think much of them back then, but the one episode that turned me back onto it was the passion of the jew. fucking hilarious. ive been a fan ever since.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by ascona Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:00 pm

Turbojett wrote:
ascona wrote:they couldn't.

fuck mtv. you've all heard the rant.

exactly! and how are you gonna do a beavis and butthead thing if they can't stare at mtv most of the time?
ascona
ascona

http://tutter.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down