celtics just got served

 :: Sports

Go down

celtics just got served

Post by Aristotle on Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:11 pm

lol @ butthurt bostonians

:undies:

nobody will see this.

:aris:
avatar
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 13637
Join date : 2008-05-17
Age : 100
Location : not seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by JaysonAych on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:29 pm

Butthurt Bostonians are the best Bostonians.

Should be a band name, also.

_________________
"When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."
--Darryl Zero, Zero Effect
avatar
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

Posts : 8458
Join date : 2008-05-17
Age : 40

View user profile http://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Aristotle on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:53 pm

haha i'm on board.
avatar
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 13637
Join date : 2008-05-17
Age : 100
Location : not seattle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by thewalrus on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:26 am

Oh FUCK YES. It'll be the same thing at the Championship too.
avatar
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 7602
Join date : 2008-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Swerve on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:13 pm

Shaq cracks me up every time...

I came in here thinking this was an up to date thread about the Celtics/Lakers game. I only saw bits of that to half time, so instead chose to comment on the Cavs/Nuggets game that was on tv slightly earlier.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Posts : 1879
Join date : 2008-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by VS on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:17 pm

I went to a knicks game in verizon's suite the other day. I didn't watch the game but i did eat free hamburgers and drink free shitty beer.
avatar
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Posts : 1924
Join date : 2008-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Honor on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:38 am

root for the celtics. la sucks, kobe sucks, phil jackson sucks. unless he is coaching for the bulls.
avatar
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 9110
Join date : 2008-05-31
Age : 37
Location : West Chester, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Swerve on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:39 am

You can almost read all of the above posts as a current topic. Meaning there's no need for anyone to post new topics anymore - we can all just search for old ones again relevant to current events.

Boy I hope a volcano erupts soon...

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Posts : 1879
Join date : 2008-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Turbojett on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:42 pm

I'll become an LA fan again when Kobe just goes away. Phil Jackson I couldn't care less about.
avatar
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 3530
Join date : 2008-06-20
Age : 37
Location : Im on ur mom...stuffin her trky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Pennzoil GT-R on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:12 pm

meanwhile the rest of the planet concentrates on the world cup...

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Posts : 2142
Join date : 2008-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Honor on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:26 pm

watching soccer is almost as boring as watching golf...
avatar
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 9110
Join date : 2008-05-31
Age : 37
Location : West Chester, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by thewalrus on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:03 am

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:meanwhile the rest of the planet concentrates on the world cup...

Good for the rest of the world.

Basketball is the better game.

Also, the Lakers are dominating. LOVE IT.
avatar
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 7602
Join date : 2008-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by JaysonAych on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:05 am

God I want the Lakers to win so badly.

_________________
"When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."
--Darryl Zero, Zero Effect
avatar
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

Posts : 8458
Join date : 2008-05-17
Age : 40

View user profile http://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Honor on Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:18 am

WHY
avatar
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 9110
Join date : 2008-05-31
Age : 37
Location : West Chester, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by JaysonAych on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:22 am

Honor wrote:WHY

JaysonAych wrote:Butthurt Bostonians are the best Bostonians.

_________________
"When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."
--Darryl Zero, Zero Effect
avatar
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

Posts : 8458
Join date : 2008-05-17
Age : 40

View user profile http://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Pennzoil GT-R on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:08 am

thewalrus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:meanwhile the rest of the planet concentrates on the world cup...

Good for the rest of the world.

Basketball is the better game.

Also, the Lakers are dominating. LOVE IT.

Here we call it netball. It's a girl's schoolyard game

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Posts : 2142
Join date : 2008-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Honor on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:39 pm

OH NO HE DINT
avatar
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 9110
Join date : 2008-05-31
Age : 37
Location : West Chester, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Honor on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:40 pm

the worst thing about watching soccer is having to hear the fans blowing those stupid horns that sound like a swarm of bees for the entire fucking game. i dont know how you put up with that.
avatar
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 9110
Join date : 2008-05-31
Age : 37
Location : West Chester, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Pennzoil GT-R on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:04 pm

actually that's fucking annoying. its a south african thing and i fucking hope they dont catch on after the world cup

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Posts : 2142
Join date : 2008-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by JaysonAych on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:29 am

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:It's a girl's schoolyard game

Odd, that's exactly what soccer is here.

_________________
"When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."
--Darryl Zero, Zero Effect
avatar
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

Posts : 8458
Join date : 2008-05-17
Age : 40

View user profile http://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Honor on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:35 am

I was in a soccer league when I was about 7 years old. Horribly, horribly boring. I had much more success with basketball and baseball. Had the opportunity to play football for my high school, but I didn't.
avatar
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 9110
Join date : 2008-05-31
Age : 37
Location : West Chester, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Pennzoil GT-R on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:55 pm

JaysonAych wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:It's a girl's schoolyard game

Odd, that's exactly what soccer is here.

nice try, but i know that's not true. its one of your most popular sports up until college age

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Posts : 2142
Join date : 2008-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Tailhappy on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:16 pm

I work with a guy that coaches girl's soccer.

http://www.kmunited.org/coachzach.htm
avatar
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 4716
Join date : 2008-06-16
Age : 38
Location : Compton

View user profile http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Turbojett on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:54 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:It's a girl's schoolyard game

Odd, that's exactly what soccer is here.

nice try, but i know that's not true. its one of your most popular sports up until college age
really? i seem to remember the great trifecta of Football/Basketball/Baseball getting all the publicity in high school. The only soccer players I knew were either girls or hispanics and africans, and even then you never heard their games announced over the intercom in the morning.
avatar
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 3530
Join date : 2008-06-20
Age : 37
Location : Im on ur mom...stuffin her trky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by JaysonAych on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:18 pm

Turbojett wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:It's a girl's schoolyard game

Odd, that's exactly what soccer is here.

nice try, but i know that's not true. its one of your most popular sports up until college age
really? i seem to remember the great trifecta of Football/Basketball/Baseball getting all the publicity in high school. The only soccer players I knew were either girls or hispanics and africans, and even then you never heard their games announced over the intercom in the morning.

+1. I don't know where Pennz got his information, but pretty every school around here is football, basketball, baseball, and miscellaneous. High school tennis and golf get more publicity than soccer.

_________________
"When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."
--Darryl Zero, Zero Effect
avatar
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

Posts : 8458
Join date : 2008-05-17
Age : 40

View user profile http://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Turbojett on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:29 pm

JaysonAych wrote:
Turbojett wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:It's a girl's schoolyard game

Odd, that's exactly what soccer is here.

nice try, but i know that's not true. its one of your most popular sports up until college age
really? i seem to remember the great trifecta of Football/Basketball/Baseball getting all the publicity in high school. The only soccer players I knew were either girls or hispanics and africans, and even then you never heard their games announced over the intercom in the morning.

+1. I don't know where Pennz got his information, but pretty every school around here is football, basketball, baseball, and miscellaneous. High school tennis and golf get more publicity than soccer.
lol, i never heard golf either...
avatar
Turbojett
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 3530
Join date : 2008-06-20
Age : 37
Location : Im on ur mom...stuffin her trky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by JaysonAych on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:55 am

YYYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

_________________
"When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."
--Darryl Zero, Zero Effect
avatar
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

Posts : 8458
Join date : 2008-05-17
Age : 40

View user profile http://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Swerve on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:10 am

Playing basketball and soccer is fun but watching both sports is annoying for similar reasons.
If any other sportsman rolled around like an idiot after the smallest contact they would be laughed off the field by the refs, crowd and their own team.
Basketball is ruined by the last minute of the game actually lasting half an hour, thanks to professional fouls and constant time-outs.

That said, I've been on the World Cup and Lakers vs. Celtics bandwagons, along with every other Australian. Much like the Olympics, higher stakes can make ordinarily boring spectacles suddenly interesting.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Posts : 1879
Join date : 2008-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by thewalrus on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:03 pm

Swerve wrote:Playing basketball and soccer is fun but watching both sports is annoying for similar reasons.
If any other sportsman rolled around like an idiot after the smallest contact they would be laughed off the field by the refs, crowd and their own team.
Basketball is ruined by the last minute of the game actually lasting half an hour, thanks to professional fouls and constant time-outs.

That said, I've been on the World Cup and Lakers vs. Celtics bandwagons, along with every other Australian. Much like the Olympics, higher stakes can make ordinarily boring spectacles suddenly interesting.

I don't know I like basketball all year on. Football (US / Canadian) is great because they play so few games that each game actually matters - almost as though it were a championship.

Can't get into soccer, because blah.
avatar
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 7602
Join date : 2008-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by thewalrus on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:It's a girl's schoolyard game

Odd, that's exactly what soccer is here.

nice try, but i know that's not true. its one of your most popular sports up until college age

No, not really. I played soccer for exactly one year when I was young. Baseball and basketball for a couple years and tennis for most of my life.

Soccer loses it's appeal in North America after about elementary school.
avatar
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 7602
Join date : 2008-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by thewalrus on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:08 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:meanwhile the rest of the planet concentrates on the world cup...

Good for the rest of the world.

Basketball is the better game.

Also, the Lakers are dominating. LOVE IT.

Here we call it netball. It's a girl's schoolyard game

Had I seen this I would have been a much bigger dick to you in my last response. Also basketball is a much MUCH more demanding game than soccer.
avatar
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 7602
Join date : 2008-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by JaysonAych on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:45 pm

thewalrus wrote:Football (US / Canadian) is great because they play so few games that each game actually matters - almost as though it were a championship.

Agreed. It's an arrangement that baseball--and to a lesser extent the NBA--would do well to imitate. Not saying they only need to play 16 games, but college basketball plays about half as many games as the NBA and they don't have two months worth of playoffs, and that makes it far more compelling. And with 162 games per season for an MLB team, it makes it pointless to even care until a while after the All-Star break.

_________________
"When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."
--Darryl Zero, Zero Effect
avatar
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

Posts : 8458
Join date : 2008-05-17
Age : 40

View user profile http://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by JaysonAych on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:01 pm


_________________
"When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."
--Darryl Zero, Zero Effect
avatar
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

Posts : 8458
Join date : 2008-05-17
Age : 40

View user profile http://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by thewalrus on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:48 am


hahah I like Artest though. Dude has more personality in his little finger then entire NHL teams.

I mean seriously, beat up one fan and you're labeled for life.

Seriously seriously, you have to respect someone that's come as far as he has - playing in the projects, seeing friends killed in front of him... to this. That's pretty good.
avatar
thewalrus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Posts : 7602
Join date : 2008-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by JaysonAych on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:58 am

thewalrus wrote:

hahah I like Artest though. Dude has more personality in his little finger then entire NHL teams.

I mean seriously, beat up one fan and you're labeled for life.

Seriously seriously, you have to respect someone that's come as far as he has - playing in the projects, seeing friends killed in front of him... to this. That's pretty good.

I like Artest too. As a Pacers fan, I really admired his talent, but he just couldn't get his life together while he was playing for them, and it caused too many distractions on a team that was becoming increasingly loaded with them. He's definitely come a long way.

_________________
"When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."
--Darryl Zero, Zero Effect
avatar
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

Posts : 8458
Join date : 2008-05-17
Age : 40

View user profile http://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Swerve on Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:09 am

thewalrus wrote:
Swerve wrote:Playing basketball and soccer is fun but watching both sports is annoying for similar reasons.
If any other sportsman rolled around like an idiot after the smallest contact they would be laughed off the field by the refs, crowd and their own team.
Basketball is ruined by the last minute of the game actually lasting half an hour, thanks to professional fouls and constant time-outs.

That said, I've been on the World Cup and Lakers vs. Celtics bandwagons, along with every other Australian. Much like the Olympics, higher stakes can make ordinarily boring spectacles suddenly interesting.

I don't know I like basketball all year on. Football (US / Canadian) is great because they play so few games that each game actually matters - almost as though it were a championship.

Can't get into soccer, because blah.

I would expect most North Americans to either watch it year round or not at all. Australians tend to jump on the finals bandwagons for every sport - European Champions' League Soccer, NBA, not baseball...the rest of the winter the Northeast states only care about rugby and the rest of the country about our own football code.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Posts : 1879
Join date : 2008-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: celtics just got served

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 :: Sports

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum