Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GT5: dammit

+9
Honor
spaced cowboy
Tailhappy
Talon
JaysonAych
milleniahead
dunnas
Aristotle
big_jesus
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GT5: dammit - Page 2 Empty Re: GT5: dammit

Post by Aristotle Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:28 pm

lol n3rd
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:41 pm

Aristotle wrote:lol n3rd

Don't make me haduken you :smelly:
Talon
Talon
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:59 pm

Aristotle wrote:i think my one weakness is stupid flight simulators. the microsoft one rules. it's got helicopters and shit, and they recreate historical flights and stuff. you can pretend to be flying that shitty lindbergh plane across the atlantic at night in the rain while shit starts breaking.

I used to be really into all of the Micro Prose simulators on the Commodore 64. I loved the shit out of Gunship and Project Stealth Fighter, even though everything was triangular wireframes.

I have Jane's AH-64D Longbow somewhere around here...it's older, but I enjoyed it.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:35 pm

JaysonAych wrote:
Aristotle wrote:i think my one weakness is stupid flight simulators. the microsoft one rules. it's got helicopters and shit, and they recreate historical flights and stuff. you can pretend to be flying that shitty lindbergh plane across the atlantic at night in the rain while shit starts breaking.

I used to be really into all of the Micro Prose simulators on the Commodore 64. I loved the shit out of Gunship and Project Stealth Fighter, even though everything was triangular wireframes.

I have Jane's AH-64D Longbow somewhere around here...it's older, but I enjoyed it.

It never ceases to amaze me how, 10 years ago, 15 years ago I'd play a game and marvel at it's amazing graphics, and now, looking back it looks almost like a different game.

I remember playing Jedi Knight back in high school and thinking that, really, that's about the best looking game I'd ever seen - that graphics, really, didn't even need to improve and we could all live happily with what was presented there.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:41 pm

thewalrus wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me how, 10 years ago, 15 years ago I'd play a game and marvel at it's amazing graphics, and now, looking back it looks almost like a different game.

I remember playing Jedi Knight back in high school and thinking that, really, that's about the best looking game I'd ever seen - that graphics, really, didn't even need to improve and we could all live happily with what was presented there.

Yeah, every generation of games that come out, I keep thinking the same thing...that these graphics are awesome and I can't imagine them getting much better. Then the next generation comes out and blows the previous one away.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:57 pm

"All the graphics we'll ever need" - Wally circa 1997

GT5: dammit - Page 2 649177
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:16 pm

LOL at the snow.

....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand today:

GT5: dammit - Page 2 Asfd10
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:22 pm

i had this game:

GT5: dammit - Page 2 Star_wars__the_empire_strikes_back
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:25 pm

haha here's the intellivision version:

Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:44 pm

Aristotle wrote:i had this game:

Oh shit, I loved that game. :talon2:

You become invincible with the power of the Force...do dooo dooo do do do DOOOO dooo do do do DOOOO do...

If only Luke knew in the movie to shoot at that tiny flashing square randomly placed on each AT-AT, he might not have gotten shot down.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:57 am

thewalrus wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:

That's funny because, even at the time, the first gen polygon games looked a bit shit. Dark Forces may have been sprites, but they were more attractive than what Jedi Knight could muster.

I cut Stunts (4d Sports Driving) a bit more slack, because it was from 1990 and boy could I imagine driving those cars.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:16 am

Swerve wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:

That's funny because, even at the time, the first gen polygon games looked a bit shit. Dark Forces may have been sprites, but they were more attractive than what Jedi Knight could muster.

I cut Stunts (4d Sports Driving) a bit more slack, because it was from 1990 and boy could I imagine driving those cars.

It depended on the game. When 3D polygonal games first came into fashion, the technology was limited and a lot of developers didn't know what to do with what they had. I remember the Road Rash games on the Genesis were all very excellent sprite games, and they did a franchise reboot on the next-gen with another game just called "Road Rash" with 3D scenery and the main game elements being 2D sprites which was pretty good. Then they came out with Road Rash 3D with everything completely polygonal, and it was catastrophic shit. The transition over to full polygon rendering just took things several steps back on the graphics and the gameplay because the technology just wasn't good enough at the time to make a 3D game as good as the 2D games.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:20 pm

JaysonAych wrote:Don't have a PS3, so....

I read yesterday that at E3, Sony said they're going to delay the actual GT5 game so that they can do more content for GT5: Prologue.

:shrug:
Wait, what?
I thought Prologue WAS GT5, and the reason they called it Prologue was that it was only a "starter pack" of sorts, and you have to download the rest of the cars/tracks/whatever the fuck from the PS3 store. I heard this from a game shop owner.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:27 pm

Hahahahah N00b
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:38 pm

Turbojett wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:Don't have a PS3, so....

I read yesterday that at E3, Sony said they're going to delay the actual GT5 game so that they can do more content for GT5: Prologue.

:shrug:
Wait, what?
I thought Prologue WAS GT5, and the reason they called it Prologue was that it was only a "starter pack" of sorts, and you have to download the rest of the cars/tracks/whatever the fuck from the PS3 store. I heard this from a game shop owner.

No, it's not the full game. There are updates made for it, but it's still considered a "sample" of what's to come. GT5 will possibly come out this Christmas.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:35 pm

oh, ok. Glad I waited then.
Not like I had a choice.
Fucking PS2.
outdated POS.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:18 pm

im converted to forza now. the controller is just so much better, the car noise rapes the GT series, and the physics are 10x better. the only downside is the infuriating AI and a lack of F1 cars. With Microsoft's licensing muscle they should have accurate F1 cars in there.

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:45 pm

AI pisses me off in Forza just as much as in GT4.

You got 90% of the field that you can race with, and the one ringer that is way out ahead of the field and hard as fuck to catch up to and pass without cheating. And they NEVER make a mistake. If you make one, however, you lose half a fucking lap.

And in Forza2 the difference between the difficulty levels is annoying.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:46 pm

That and they just DON'T let you have the inside line though a turn, no matter how far along their inside you are. They'd rather crash.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:10 pm

Talon wrote:Man I was whooping everyone's ass last night at my buddy's place at Street Fighter HD. It really made me feel better as a person to virtually kick the shit out of everyone there. All the chicks wanted me.

can i have your autograph? :zachsgotgas:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:13 pm

yeah, alot more customization options in forza as well. it's better than gt.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Benfolio wrote:AI pisses me off in Forza just as much as in GT4.

You got 90% of the field that you can race with, and the one ringer that is way out ahead of the field and hard as fuck to catch up to and pass without cheating. And they NEVER make a mistake. If you make one, however, you lose half a fucking lap.

yeah that can be annoying and fun at the same time.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:15 pm

Benfolio wrote:AI pisses me off in Forza just as much as in GT4.

the thing i hate about forza is if you go anywhere near the racing line they will always tap you, and because the physics are so realistic, you will always spin out. of course, ive tried to ram them at full speed before and they just apply a dab of opposite lock and carry on their merry way :smelly:

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:38 pm

not to mention youll fuck up your car. in gt you can ram people off the road with no worries at all. gay
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:09 pm

forza's physics are a little skewed toward the AI, though. i've done pit maneuvers on those mother fuckers, along with getting inside of them during a corner and trying to push them out to the wall, and it rarely works. you can usually get a half spin out of them when you pit them, but it's not as severe as it should be. that pisses me off.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:12 pm

yeah, ive tried doing it to a civic hatchback in a bentley contintental gt and still had a little trouble
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:27 pm

I am a GT fanboy, but that whole 'black flag' thing in the prologue fucking ruins it. Anyone who's played it knows what bullshit it is. Fucking computer runs into me and I can't accelerate for five seconds. Fuck I don't even want to get started on it again... :grrr: :curses: :sonofscreamo: :bigjesus:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:32 pm

yeah that pisses me off uber, what were they thinking?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:40 pm

honor man wrote:not to mention youll fuck up your car. in gt you can ram people off the road with no worries at all. gay

Actually it's quite satisfying when you full-broadside ram that little shithead in the Elise into the rocks at twin ring motegi when he won't let you pass him, and as an added bonus you don't have to worry about any performance degradation. Although I would welcome visual damage at least, but oh well.
I suppose I just have a wicked case of road rage.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2