Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bought COD WaW

+10
Dodge
VS
Talon
Omni
Spinal
Honor
dunnas
JaysonAych
Aristotle
SBF
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bought COD WaW - Page 2 Empty Re: Bought COD WaW

Post by VS Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:59 am

Is there hardcore mode in WaW?
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:02 am

yeah
Spinal
Spinal
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:03 am

I'm tempted to buy it, simply because I love cod4 multiplayer so much, but am tired of all the weapons and maps.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:12 pm

VS wrote:I'm tempted to buy it, simply because I love cod4 multiplayer so much, but am tired of all the weapons and maps.

Yeah, it's a nice change. The tanks and bouncing bettys are total bullshit to an extent but don't ruin the game for me at all. I think a lot of the maps were done very well.
Omni
Omni
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:13 pm

Spinal wrote:Alright, the Gewehr 43 is officially my favorite weapon in that game. I just went 23 - 1 (fucking betty) on Airfield with stopping power/deep impact and an aperture sight. That fucking thing can put its entire magazine on or around target from across the map without hardly any recoil.

It's fun sniping the snipers without a scope.

Yeah, that's a good gun. I'm starting to like the BAR quite a bit too because it's uber accurate and also a machine gun.
Omni
Omni
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:47 pm

Yeah, the BAR is badass. The lower rate of fire doesn't deplete your magazine immediately, and it's very accurate.

Right now, I'm trying to get the sawed-off option for the double barrel shotgun. That fucker is so much fun on the smaller maps (courtyard, dome, etc...).

The tanks and betty's can be bullshit... But what I hate more than those are the Mp40's of death. Fucking power on those things is unbelievable. Fucking noobs running around with those fuckers and dual magazines all the damn time.
Spinal
Spinal

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:48 pm

Spinal wrote:Yeah, the BAR is badass. The lower rate of fire doesn't deplete your magazine immediately, and it's very accurate.

Right now, I'm trying to get the sawed-off option for the double barrel shotgun. That fucker is so much fun on the smaller maps (courtyard, dome, etc...).

The tanks and betty's can be bullshit... But what I hate more than those are the Mp40's of death. Fucking power on those things is unbelievable. Fucking noobs running around with those fuckers and dual magazines all the damn time.

You'd hate to play against me. :roflmao: I'm very good with the mp40 and even if the power wasn't so high I think I'd own quite a few people with it. If you control your rate of fire with it you can practically snipe people. :lol:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:24 am

Omni wrote:
VS wrote:I'm tempted to buy it, simply because I love cod4 multiplayer so much, but am tired of all the weapons and maps.

Yeah, it's a nice change. The tanks and bouncing bettys are total bullshit to an extent but don't ruin the game for me at all. I think a lot of the maps were done very well.

The bouncing bettys come in handy on Domination. I do more guarding of flags than I do capturing, so as soon as it was a available I started using them. I know it's annoying, but it was just as annoying as Claymores in Cod4.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:15 pm

SBF wrote:
Omni wrote:

The bouncing bettys come in handy on Domination. I do more guarding of flags than I do capturing, so as soon as it was a available I started using them. I know it's annoying, but it was just as annoying as Claymores in Cod4.

Bettys are a lot worse than claymores. At least you could see the lasers and claymores are also directional. No matter what direction you approach a betty it explodes and I have a much harder time seeing them.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:30 am

Aww there are tanks? I only play FFA hardcore, but bouncing bettys sound annoying too...I might just save my money and wait for cod6
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:34 am

There was tanks in the original CoD, but you could kill them in one or two hits with a panzerschrek or bazooka if you shot them in the rear. I dont think you can do that in this. I think it takes at least 4 or 5 no matter where you hit it, which is BS.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:02 pm

No, i think they introduced tanks in COD2. I never bought that one, but i remember playing it at a lan party once drunk as fuck and just teamkilling with the tank non-stop.
VS
VS

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:09 pm

Tanks aren't so bad in mp... Most people suck with them, so 2 satchel charges and a sticky later, and they're done.
Spinal
Spinal

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:21 pm

VS wrote:No, i think they introduced tanks in COD2. I never bought that one, but i remember playing it at a lan party once drunk as fuck and just teamkilling with the tank non-stop.

No there was tanks and jeeps in the first CoD. They even had tank destroyers like the Elefant and SU-152 but I think they might have came out with the United Offensive expansion.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:46 pm

And there are no vehicles in COD2 multiplayer at all. I was playing it last night. :dunnas:

COD3 tanks were ok though compared to COD5.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:39 am

COD 2 is the only one that ive never played the multiplayer of. I played the original the most, followed by 4, and then 3, then WaW. 3 was actually pretty fun.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:06 am

honor man wrote:COD 2 is the only one that ive never played the multiplayer of. I played the original the most, followed by 4, and then 3, then WaW. 3 was actually pretty fun.

You must have played waw multiplayer like one fucking time because I bought it the day it came out and I've never seen you playing it online a single time. >\
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:27 am

pretty much. after seeing mike play i dont know if i have the patience to deal with cheap ass tanks, invisible bouncing betties, and non stop n00bs with mp40s and juggernaut or stopping power.. my head would probably explode.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:30 am

in the game and real life :gah
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:13 am

The level of gore they put in WaW is quite fantastic though... However, an exploding head would be a more satisfying headshot than the metal "plink" that you get.
Spinal
Spinal

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:15 am

like in fallout 3..

best head shots ive ever seen.. all in slow mo too if you use vats
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:01 am

honor man wrote:pretty much. after seeing mike play i dont know if i have the patience to deal with cheap ass tanks, invisible bouncing betties, and non stop n00bs with mp40s and juggernaut or stopping power.. my head would probably explode.

I love how everyone complains about the mp40 yet I've never had a problem with "n00bs with stopping power" killing me regularly with it. People definitely use it but not as many as you'd think. The bettys are bullshit but you can spot them about 50% of the time. The main problem with tanks is that sometimes your teammates won't even bother trying to kill them while they run the map killing everyone.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:35 pm

Well, for the most part I play non-HC Merc TDM... 9 times out of 10, when someone kills me, the cam shows me that it's some dude with an MP40 and dual mags. So yeah, I think it's probably more used than most other weapons.
Spinal
Spinal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:22 pm

:gah woot im getting COD 4 and COD WaW with my new computer
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

http://www.racetrackcentral.org

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:28 pm

I've never had a problem with people with MP40's either. :Swerve:

Omni, I don't bother to try and kill tanks usually. They take far too many hits to destroy so fuck that. You can generally avoid them pretty well if you like.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:29 pm

Dodge wrote::gah woot im getting COD 4 and COD WaW with my new computer
I'm sure they play just super awesome on dialup. :gah
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Fri May 01, 2009 12:33 am

my brother has highspeed, i book it up to his place every now and again to play games....other than that offline mode ftl
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Fri May 01, 2009 1:19 am

Finally got the M1 Carbine. Just went 38 - 3 with that fucker on Castle. Although, I think half of those kills were stabbings.
Spinal
Spinal

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Fri May 01, 2009 4:05 am

jeez, fall into a noob server or what?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Fri May 01, 2009 4:16 am

I really think I did.
Spinal
Spinal

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon May 04, 2009 12:06 am

dunnas wrote:I've never had a problem with people with MP40's either. :Swerve:

Omni, I don't bother to try and kill tanks usually. They take far too many hits to destroy so fuck that. You can generally avoid them pretty well if you like.

If you use satchel charges and one tank grenade and hit them in the same spot all three times it works. It's fucking ridiculous though.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon May 04, 2009 12:07 am

Spinal wrote:Finally got the M1 Carbine. Just went 38 - 3 with that fucker on Castle. Although, I think half of those kills were stabbings.

Haha, that's crazy. I have a problem with some rifles sometimes because I get excited and empty the clip at someone rather inaccurately. :roflmao:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Mon May 04, 2009 10:43 am

I hate when I know I stabbed somebody and it doesn't stab them then they turn around and stab me and I die.

Fucking bullshit.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Mon May 04, 2009 5:43 pm

SBF wrote:I hate when I know I stabbed somebody and it doesn't stab them then they turn around and stab me and I die.

Fucking bullshit.

Yeah, that happens to me way too often
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Mon May 04, 2009 7:21 pm

Omni wrote:
SBF wrote:I hate when I know I stabbed somebody and it doesn't stab them then they turn around and stab me and I die.

Fucking bullshit.

There has been a few times that a guy has had his back to me and I stabbed him not once, but twice and either they turn around and kill me or somebody else comes from behind and kills me. It's a fucking annoying glitch.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Mon May 04, 2009 7:29 pm

SBF wrote:
Omni wrote:

Fucking bullshit.

There has been a few times that a guy has had his back to me and I stabbed him not once, but twice and either they turn around and kill me or somebody else comes from behind and kills me. It's a fucking annoying glitch.

Do you play on PS3 or XBox?
Spinal
Spinal

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue May 05, 2009 12:51 am

Spinal wrote:
SBF wrote:
Omni wrote:

Fucking bullshit.

Do you play on PS3 or XBox?

Xbox
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinal Tue May 05, 2009 1:18 am

SBF wrote:Xbox
I play on PS3, and for a while just assumed it was a shitty Sony network issues. But yeah, same fucking thing happens to me. It's as if there's some serious latency issues sometimes.

Case in point, earlier tonight I was playing a match on Hangar. I saw an enemy and put like 5 rounds in his back with that M1 carbine, but he turns around and knifes me from like 10 feet, and still gets the kill. Total bullshit.
Spinal
Spinal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodge Wed May 13, 2009 1:14 am

ooooook just got to zombie level....i'm in love!

campaign was pretty fucking awesome too though
Dodge
Dodge
Blah blah blah blah woe

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed May 13, 2009 2:07 am

They're already coming out with map pack 2 in june. There is going to be another new zombie map as well, with zombie dogs.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next