Wheelman?

Go down

Wheelman? Empty Wheelman?

Post by Tailhappy on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:52 pm

Should i get this?

I love the Driver series, GTA4, Forza2, GT3/GT4, so should I naturally get this?

I have not read anything about it, just saw the commercial (Vin Diesel! *swoon*) and it looks neat.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Wheelman? Empty Re: Wheelman?

Post by Honor on Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:23 pm

The game has received mixed reviews, many of the reviewers criticising the game for falling short of story mode and lacking any sort of multi-player optionality whatsoever. IGN's Greg Miler gave the game a 4.8/10, which by the site's rating scale is translated as "poor", stating that he was hoping for the game to be "a guilty pleasure, like 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, but it's just guilty of being a poor game."[13] Gamepro, however, gave the game a high 4/5, calling the game "a GTA-meets-Burnout romp."[14] Gamespot gave the game a 6/10 saying "Wheelman offers plenty of movie-style thrills, although it's hamstrung by terrible on-foot gameplay.[15

Metacritic 66 (based on 30 reviews)[8]
Review scores
Publication Score
Eurogamer 5/10 [9]
Game Informer 8.5/10 [10]
GameSpot 6/10[11]
IGN 4.8/10 [12]
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor on Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:23 pm

so no, i would say.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tailhappy on Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:42 pm

I'm downloading the demo.

Then I'll decide. If it's cheap enough to just be fun I'll get it.
Tailhappy
Tailhappy

http://takurospirit.kinja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych on Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:52 am

I played the demo. Wasn't terribly impressed. Could be a fun budget game, but the controls for special moves took you out of the game (for example, press this button to ram the car next to you...why? I could just push the analog stick in that direction....???), the city layouts were like OutRun meets GTA with every street 10 lanes wide with few intersections, the traffic was light and the cars bland (except for those cars brought to you by GM!).

I may pick it up for 15 bucks when it hits the bargain bin next month, but I'm not buying it for anything more than that.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

http://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:38 pm

The Demo Sucked. The driving dynamics suck. I think I'd rather go buy an N64 and play Cruisin' USA.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum