Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love the Beast

3 posters

Go down

Love the Beast Empty Love the Beast

Post by Swerve Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:40 am

No jokes about this being subtitled "The Tailhappy Story" or anything along those lines. For those who don't remember SBF's post a couple of months ago, this is a documentary about Eric Bana and his Falcon XB Coupe. It was pretty good. Loads of footage of Targa Tassie, which is one of my favourite events. Clarkson is his typical self, Leno is his typical self and Dr. Phil is his typical self.

It's actually quite a good story, but very low key and very Australian. It has one huge flaw in a really abrupt, anti-climactic ending. I'm not actually sure I'd recommend it to anyone on here, unless they really liked 70s V8s.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Love the Beast Empty Re: Love the Beast

Post by Honor Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:05 am

eric bana is a stud...
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:26 pm

I wanted to see that, they had a whole spread in Hot Rod magazine about his Falcon.

70's Australian cars are awesome in my book. :talon2:
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:16 am

We were at the GP on Saturday, checking out the GT cars in their temporary garages. The Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Moslers had a dozen people drooling over each of them. Usually the Porsches attract no attention, but there was probably a crowd of 30 all looking in on a 996 GT3. Bana was at the behind the car getting set to race.

About twenty minutes later he drove past with the passenger door swinging wildly. I was going to lean out and shut it, but figured there may have been a bizarre reason for it to be open. But he stopped a few metres further and someone else did it, so it turns out I should have done it and brought back a slightly more interesting story for the forum. Instead, all I can say is I really liked the carbon fibre Aston and the yellow Gallardo.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:09 am

NO PICS WTF??
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down