So I guess 26 months is some kind of record right?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So I guess 26 months is some kind of record right? Empty So I guess 26 months is some kind of record right?

Post by JaysonAych on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:21 am

360 died :smelly:

It's okay as long as you don't mind not being able to see anything...the audio is perfect.

No red rings though, so free replacement is out at this point, I do believe...

This has been a shitty couple of weeks. I got a $450 bill from my credit card company because my payment got lost in the mail, I find out I bent my car's steering rack and that's going to cost $1200 to fix, I developed a hellish toothache over the weekend that makes me want to either OD on ibuprofen or dig my teeth out with a fucking spoon, and now I need a new goddamned XBox.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

http://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

So I guess 26 months is some kind of record right? Empty Re: So I guess 26 months is some kind of record right?

Post by dunnas on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:43 am

I always find it hilarious that people under 80 still pay bills by mail over their. :roflmao:

As for 360's, mine lasted 31 or so months before getting RROD. :dunnas:
dunnas
dunnas
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

So I guess 26 months is some kind of record right? Empty Re: So I guess 26 months is some kind of record right?

Post by 911 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:56 am

It's likely you could find someone local to fix it relatively cheaply. Obviously voids whatever warranty may or may not exist.

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:46 am

I imagine it's not going to be that much cheaper than just buying a new Arcade unit to switch the HDD over to. And I'd get some cheap-ass games, a new wired controller, and a spare set of cables to boot.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:56 am

dunnas wrote:I always find it hilarious that people under 80 still pay bills by mail over their. :roflmao:

One of my creditors used to send me a statement for a credit card that I wasn't using...I had a small balance on that I'd transferred over, but all I had it for was that low-interest transfer. For a year, they sent me my statements on one sheet of typical paper. Then one day they switched to something new, spreading out the information on the statement for my never-used credit card over 5 sheets of stock so heavy you could paint on it with oils, and a note on one of them saying I should start paying electronically so I could save trees.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:46 am

mines still tugging along strong, knock on wood.

what i started doing to try to reduce workload on it is installing whatever game or games im playing to the harddrive. it loads faster and the 360 just doesnt seem to make as much noise or have to work as hard. each game takes up about 6 or 7 gigs. id recommend doing that when you get your new one. :cheers:
Honor
Honor
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:36 pm

Circuit City still had Xboxes that they were liquidating. 10% off, so I got an arcade console for $179. And they apparently ship arcade units with wireless controllers now. Sweet.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:51 pm

dunnas wrote:I always find it hilarious that people under 80 still pay bills by mail over their. :roflmao:

I prefer it, actually. I don't want to give the authority for a company to take money out of my account if I don't need to. If there's a dispute, they've already got my money... I don't like that.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:04 pm

Talon wrote:

I prefer it, actually. I don't want to give the authority for a company to take money out of my account if I don't need to. If there's a dispute, they've already got my money... I don't like that.

+1. Though I plan well enough to never need to, I'd prefer having the flexibility to not pay a bill if I have another one that needs attention due to an unexpected financial problem.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:40 am

Mine don't get taken automatically at all, other than my monthly debit for internet and Insurance.

I pay them electronically through my banks net-banking site by the way of something called Bpay. Each company has a Bpay number and they give you a reference number on your bill.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:31 am

Do youself a favor and just get a PS3. Sure, they're more expensive but when you factor in that you only need to buy ONE and not two or three, it all works out the same... less the headache of course. -_-
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:37 am

Yeah, anymore you can pay online without having automatic deductions. I pay all of my bills online and WaMu has free billpay, which I have to use for my Wachovia credit card since I no longer have a Wachovia bank account.
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:52 am

Talon wrote:Do youself a favor and just get a PS3. Sure, they're more expensive but when you factor in that you only need to buy ONE and not two or three, it all works out the same... less the headache of course. -_-

Or you could just buy an elite. My xbox has been fine and the ps3 has little to offer me other than blu ray.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Omni wrote:
Talon wrote:Do youself a favor and just get a PS3. Sure, they're more expensive but when you factor in that you only need to buy ONE and not two or three, it all works out the same... less the headache of course. -_-

Or you could just buy an elite. My xbox has been fine and the ps3 has little to offer me other than blu ray.

My PS3 gen 1 has been fine since day one and my 360 (refurb because my original broke beyond repair) has little to offer me other than a stump.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Omni wrote:

The elites were only different in any way for a short time after they came out. There's no reliability advantage to buying one now. It's all the same as the arcade inside.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:49 pm

Talon wrote:
Omni wrote:

My PS3 gen 1 has been fine since day one and my 360 (refurb because my original broke beyond repair) has little to offer me other than a stump.
Mines been fine since day one too. Of course it would be considering it hardly gets used for games at all.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:59 pm

You're forgetting to factor in my shitty luck. Regardless of how reliable everyone else's PS3s are, the one I buy will break anyway.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:54 pm

Na', I'd imagine with your current game library, an updated 360 would be the way to go.

I was just trying to start some shit... worked pretty well :roflmao:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:57 pm

Talon wrote:Na', I'd imagine with your current game library, an updated 360 would be the way to go.

I was just trying to start some shit... worked pretty well :roflmao:

That's what I figured. I thought I'd go a different route :roflmao:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:01 pm

Omni wrote:

Or you could just not have a console. My nothing's been fine, and the ps360 has little to offer me other than increased debt and decreased time.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:26 am

fuck m$ and their shitty console. fucking piece of crap.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor on Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:19 am

you take that back aris, YOU TAKE THAT BACK!! :curses: :curses:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni on Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:36 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:

Or you could just not have a console. My nothing's been fine, and the ps360 has little to offer me other than increased debt and decreased time.

I think not having a console makes it a bit harder to play video games on said console. The "you could just not have a..." argument doesn't really work unless you don't actually want that thing.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:20 pm

For those who think Elites are problem free mine broke like 2 months ago.

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:23 pm

911 wrote:For those who think Elites are problem free mine broke like 2 months ago.
I don't think they're problem free but they definitely seem to have fewer problems than the rest.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:23 pm

Omni wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:

I think not having a console makes it a bit harder to play video games on said console. The "you could just not have a..." argument doesn't really work unless you don't actually want that thing.

Sometimes the hassle of owning something is so great that it's simply better not to have it at all. Even if you want it.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:27 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:

Sometimes the hassle of owning something is so great that it's simply better not to have it at all. Even if you want it.

I dunno, even if it breaks and you have to mail it back to Microsoft you still don't have to pay a dime to do it. It's an inconvenience and all but that doesn't exactly make it worth not owning. There's no guarantee it will ever break anyway.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:29 pm

Omni wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:

I dunno, even if it breaks and you have to mail it back to Microsoft you still don't have to pay a dime to do it. It's an inconvenience and all but that doesn't exactly make it worth not owning. There's no guarantee it will ever break anyway.

But you also have to consider the time spend on the device, when you could be furthering yourself, or attending to your studies.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:32 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:

But you also have to consider the time spend on the device, when you could be furthering yourself, or attending to your studies.

At this point the xbox is the only thing keeping me alive anyway :undies:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle on Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:49 pm

omni :roflmao:

i've yet to meet a person whose xbox didn't break. i have a real hard time buying something that costs $300 and knowing that it could break at any moment. even from day one. i mean if MSFT built them to blow up at the 36month mark every time and printed it on the box, i'd be more inclined to buy one. this 'it may work for two years; it may work for two weeks' bullshit is fucking horse shit. :smelly:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:37 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:

who let this guy in?
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon on Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:22 pm

honor man wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:

who let this guy in?

Seriously. Wally always coming into video game threads with his 'holier than thou because I don't play video games' attitude. Fuck that guy.
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:52 am

:roflmao:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni on Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:03 am

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus on Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:42 am

Talon wrote:
honor man wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Omni wrote:

who let this guy in?

Seriously. Wally always coming into video game threads with his 'holier than thou because I don't play video games' attitude. Fuck that guy.

You probably wouldn't be this aggressive if you didn't play so many "shoot them up" video games. -_-
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:42 pm

Why you... you... YOU! :curses:
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle on Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:34 pm

hahaha wally with the sledge hammer retort :roflmao:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime on Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:17 pm

Talon wrote:

what?
millertime
millertime
Those who do not stand in awe of my woe and rue will suffer greatly at my hands

Back to top Go down

Post by millertime on Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:24 pm

dont worry guys. Wally really does want a video game console. He is just using this thread as a justification for denying himself one.
millertime
millertime

Back to top Go down

Post by 911 on Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:01 pm

millertime wrote:
Talon wrote:

what?

I think he's just a retard. I've never mailed a cheque in my life or pre-authorized anyone except for my gym (cost less to do so) to debit from my acct.

is full of anguish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum