Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new Sauber car looks like a throwback and i LOVE it

+3
spaced cowboy
Pennzoil GT-R
big_jesus
7 posters

:: Sports

Go down

new Sauber car looks like a throwback and i LOVE it Empty new Sauber car looks like a throwback and i LOVE it

Post by big_jesus Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:07 pm

big_jesus
big_jesus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

new Sauber car looks like a throwback and i LOVE it Empty Re: new Sauber car looks like a throwback and i LOVE it

Post by big_jesus Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:07 pm

the one on the left is the new one, for those of you who have been under a rock.
big_jesus
big_jesus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

new Sauber car looks like a throwback and i LOVE it Empty Re: new Sauber car looks like a throwback and i LOVE it

Post by big_jesus Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:08 pm

oh, and look at those tires! hee hee heee!
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:09 pm

also, that nose wing is begging to be clipped off.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:09 pm

fuck i can't wait for this season to start. BMW has the most extensive training with KERS so far. gonna be a crazy season.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:38 pm

aside from the slicks they all look like shit. lost all the grace and sense of awe they had. now they could be any random formula car

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:44 pm

i think they're cleaner and much better looking.
i mean, i definitely see what you're saying. the car on the right is all about super high tech aero execution, and it shows in all the winglets and things. I still like the new one. sleek and beautiful.

new Sauber car looks like a throwback and i LOVE it 3213181876_4a521c6126_o

and honestly, you'll never be in trouble of confusing them for any random formula car.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:45 pm

new Sauber car looks like a throwback and i LOVE it 3212335083_3ff638848d_o

:hump:
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by spaced cowboy Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:05 pm

the bmw is ok from the front wheels back. nowhere near as ugly as the renault, nowhere near as attractive as the williams and mclaren...
spaced cowboy
spaced cowboy
And so the woe continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:44 pm

the mclaren isn't that special to me. i prefer the BMW. the ferrari tops them all, clearly, though.

new Sauber car looks like a throwback and i LOVE it Car_photo_300049_25

i think they look more like spaceships than ever. fucking brilliant.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by spaced cowboy Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:10 pm

i find the ferrari a bit less proportionate than the mclaren or the williams. the bmw for me looks ok, but the nose is too blocky and inelegant...
spaced cowboy
spaced cowboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:06 am

the williams is the best of all of them

the renault's nose is a fucking monstrosity...and looks like it must generate lift. it wont stay

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:04 am

We'd better just hope that one of the better looking front wings ends up being the best under race conditions. :mellow:

Last edited by dunnas on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by spaced cowboy Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:06 am

yeah, i'm praying renault has fucked up horribly, because if they haven't they'll all look that way... :undies:
spaced cowboy
spaced cowboy

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:06 pm

i love the Williams color, but the car isn't as impressive to me, looks wise as it is to you all...
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

new Sauber car looks like a throwback and i LOVE it Empty You know, the 09 F1 cars are starting to grow on me.

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:50 pm

Yes at first the change in looks and design was a throw off to my tastes (guess I was use to all the aero cars of the last decade) but I look more closely at each new car release and hey they actually look kind of good to me now. The loss of all those silly winglets is nice. The return of slicks is GREAT! and the lines are all still swoopy. The rear wing looks a little tiny but the front wing looks almost retro to cars of the late 70's and early 80's.

link to photos
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:03 pm

Slicks are good.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:46 pm

why such small rear wings now?
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:34 am

to keep the airflow as clean as possible for following cars

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbojett Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:16 am

I see, so if they want to try to pass, they're not met with a wall of turbulence.
Turbojett
Turbojett

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:35 pm

right.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down