Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 + brazil + rain + glock = wtf

+5
Swerve
Talon
Pennzoil GT-R
Les_Vipers_rule
Aristotle
9 posters

:: Sports

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

F1 + brazil + rain + glock = wtf Empty F1 + brazil + rain + glock = wtf

Post by Aristotle Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:59 pm

that was the best final few laps of an f-1 race i've seen since the senna days.
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

F1 + brazil + rain + glock = wtf Empty Re: F1 + brazil + rain + glock = wtf

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:49 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! to Lewis Hamilton and McLaren Mercedes. It was a nail biter but the man did it. McLaren fans can now rest that a McLaren driver is World Driver's Champion. Whoo hoo! :talon2:
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule
The only thing that excites me anymore is ennui.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:33 pm

That was the strangest last corner I've ever seen. At least massa did his best even if he's not really world champion material. That said, neither is hamilton yet and he proved it more than once in brazil. He needed to win this year though because my second favourite driver of the season became my new favourite half way through that race whilst he was taking tenths out of massa. As soon as vettel gets in a good car he'll leave hamilton and massa for dead

Pennzoil GT-R
It takes rue to make a thing go right (yeaah...RUUE!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:37 pm

i was thinking that vettel should be in a ferrari. that would be sweet, because that kid can drive.

what was the deal with glock, though? it looked like he pulled up intentionally, rather than sliding around in the wet, even though he was on dry tires.
Aristotle
Aristotle
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:56 pm

Vettel has been showing the ferraris and mclarens how to drive from the cockpit of what should be a backmarker. Noone has done that since schumacher in the early 90's

I don't know, but I'm sure questions will be asked. He had been fine all the way to the final corner than all of a sudden slowed right down. I haven't had chance to see a replay but it almost looked like he thought he was being lapped.

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:11 pm

I can't believe I forgot to DVR this. FUCK
Talon
Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:57 pm

Massa drove well in Brazil, but so he should have. Maybe if he hadn't fucked up in Germany and Turkey he'd be WC. Then again, he was a bit unfortunate with mechanical problems, whereas McLaren had a great run.

The Torro Rosso isn't that bad. Bourdais qualified 4th at Monza but the car stalled on the line. It seems to be especially good in the wet. That said, Vettel is obviously a top talent and he and Alonso really starred in middle order machinery this year.

It seems like Torro Rosso kept developing their car throughout the year with the intention of taking top dollar for the team's sale. Red Bull appear to have started focusing on the 2009 model about halfway through. So with a bit of talent swapping over the off-season, I think Webber and Vettel should be right up there next year. And a good engine from Renault means Alonso should also be strong. I'm really looking forward to it.

Swerve
My hope has been emancipated, and I'm reconstructing my anguish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:59 pm

And Heidfeld sucks. I took him for a podium at $9 because I figured even if he didn't qualify too strongly, BMW strategy is very good and the front runners might just take themselves out.
He qualified ok but then decided to lose places and do nothing about it.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:32 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:Vettel has been showing the ferraris and mclarens how to drive from the cockpit of what should be a backmarker. Noone has done that since schumacher in the early 90's

I don't know, but I'm sure questions will be asked. He had been fine all the way to the final corner than all of a sudden slowed right down. I haven't had chance to see a replay but it almost looked like he thought he was being lapped.

Glock and Trulli were both 17 seconds down on the other cars on the final lap.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:05 am

john watson put it very succintly on the bbc website. forget who won the world championship this year, neither of them shone and that can be seen in the total points tallies. he may end up being one of the sport's greats but he still has an awful lot to learn before he gets there. counting up all the mistakes made this year, had alonso or schumacher been driving the red car nobody can be under any illusion who the world champion would have been.

i suppose in my mind a world champion should be the best of the best, not just the best of a bad bunch. and les, if massa had won id be here saying exactly the same thing.

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:06 am

Swerve wrote:
Pennzoil GT-R wrote:Vettel has been showing the ferraris and mclarens how to drive from the cockpit of what should be a backmarker. Noone has done that since schumacher in the early 90's

glock lost all 18 seconds in the last 2 corners. before that the commentators were surprised he was keeping pace

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:26 pm

Hamilton deserves the title and he has nothing to explain or be ashamed about to anyone. The sport has done a lot to keep things close many political things as cough cough the bull shit of Spa. But Hamilton in his first two seasons won a championship and don't forget almost won one in his first year.

The Shumacher and Alonso stuff by Watson is irrelevant rhetoric.

Look when Kimi won it last year coming up the middle for Ferrari I did not try to take anything away from him or Ferrari. I wish you Ferrari lovers (from reading numerous forums on the subject) would be as respectful for Hamilton and McLaren.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:35 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
Swerve wrote:

glock lost all 18 seconds in the last 2 corners. before that the commentators were surprised he was keeping pace

No you saw Vettel and Hamilton closing up on him all through the back twists and corners. There was on board (Hamilton's camera) video at Youtube (now removed due to copyright) showing Glock being reeled in by both, in fact as Vettel and Hamilton passed him you could see Glock struggling to keep traction and pace up through the last two corners but he was losing ground well before such.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:47 pm

Pennz, you're hilarious. You can't give Hamilton a square inch on anything.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:52 pm

Question to Glock

He made it crystal clear his car was slipping around on the last lap and he did not even realize Hamilton was passing him.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:55 pm

Hamilton does not look like one time thing

His stats in his first two years look as impressive as one can expect.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:57 pm

TheWoerus wrote:Pennz, you're hilarious. You can't give Hamilton a square inch on anything.

Massa didnt really deserve it either. A world champion should be something special. Senna v Prost. Hakkinen v Schumacher. Schumacher v Alonso. Either a true battle of greats like that, or complete dominance as per the Ferrari years. Hamilton is a great driver, but to be in the same breath as Senna, Schumacher, Clark etc? Not yet, not by a long way. Id say exactly the same thing about Massa.

Did you know Hamilton finished outside the top 10 3 times this season? Have a guess how many times Schumacher did that in his entire 16 year career......Once.

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:03 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:
TheWoerus wrote:Pennz, you're hilarious. You can't give Hamilton a square inch on anything.

Massa didnt really deserve it either. A world champion should be something special. Senna v Prost. Hakkinen v Schumacher. Schumacher v Alonso. Either a true battle of greats like that, or complete dominance as per the Ferrari years. Hamilton is a great driver, but to be in the same breath as Senna, Schumacher, Clark etc? Not yet, not by a long way. Id say exactly the same thing about Massa.

Did you know Hamilton finished outside the top 10 3 times this season? Have a guess how many times Schumacher did that in his entire 16 year career......Once.

Lets see, Hamilton won the most championship points. He won the championship. He deserved the win. Now he's the youngest world champion in the history of F1 racing. Also, he finished outside of the top 10 twice - the Japanese Grand Prix and the Bahrain Grand Prix - according to F1.com. He retired in the Canadian Grand Prix. So your facts are off, unless your comparing different standards between Hamilton and Schumacher, because I'm pretty sure there are more than a few races Schumacher didn't finish.
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:06 pm

my mistake. he finished 10th in the 3rd race i referred to. in which case schumacher did it twice in his whole career

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWoerus Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:10 pm

Where are you getting these stats from?
TheWoerus
TheWoerus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:16 pm

wikipedia gives a full career breakdown of all the F1 drivers. Unless my eyes deceive me Schumacher finished outside the top 10 once in 16 years, and out of the points 5 times.

compare this to hamilton who has missed the top 10 twice and the points 3 times. in one season

fair enough schumacher stands head and shoulders above the rest...but can you begin to see why the legendary status people are already attaching to hamilton are just a little presumptive?

Last edited by Pennzoil GT-R on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:16 pm

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:

WHO CARES!

Those were different times, different drivers, different rules. One can make a point had Senna not died how many fewer championships may Schumacher have won! It's an irrelevant point though. You had no problem with Kimi coming up the middle between Hamilton and Alonso last year but now you disrespect the achievement Hamilton made this year. You are a Ferrari Koolaid drinker like idiot Republicans are in US politics. Get over it, I never whined when Kimi won for Ferrari last year, in fact I was quick to congratulate him on it.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:20 pm

les, you bitched and moaned all season long. just like you did this season

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:25 pm

WTF???

Don't put words in my mouth ok? Last year I was quick to congratulate Kimi. Any beefs I had with F1 last year was over F1 politics and we all saw that. As for this year um my beefs were again over F1 politics such as oh the B.S of Spa for one but even though I'm as big a McLaren fan as you may be Ferrari I am respectful to congratulate the winners regardless of team.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:30 pm

putting words in your mouth means preempting what you're about to say you dumb mclaren koolaid drinker you

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:37 pm

No, you are claiming I said things I did not.

Show a little respect to the current WDC ok?
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:24 am

Pennzoil GT-R wrote:That was the strangest last corner I've ever seen. At least massa did his best even if he's not really world champion material. That said, neither is hamilton yet and he proved it more than once in brazil. He needed to win this year though because my second favourite driver of the season became my new favourite half way through that race whilst he was taking tenths out of massa. As soon as vettel gets in a good car he'll leave hamilton and massa for dead
That final lap was just plain stupid. The commentators had been saying that glock had been going along just fine over the previous couple of laps. I can't say that I saw that it had started raining that much more, if at all, over the last lap. But no, both toyotas lost 18 seconds all of a sudden.

I'll mention Vettel in my next post
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by dunnas Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:34 am

Swerve wrote:Massa drove well in Brazil, but so he should have. Maybe if he hadn't fucked up in Germany and Turkey he'd be WC. Then again, he was a bit unfortunate with mechanical problems, whereas McLaren had a great run.

The Torro Rosso isn't that bad. Bourdais qualified 4th at Monza but the car stalled on the line. It seems to be especially good in the wet. That said, Vettel is obviously a top talent and he and Alonso really starred in middle order machinery this year.

It seems like Torro Rosso kept developing their car throughout the year with the intention of taking top dollar for the team's sale. Red Bull appear to have started focusing on the 2009 model about halfway through. So with a bit of talent swapping over the off-season, I think Webber and Vettel should be right up there next year. And a good engine from Renault means Alonso should also be strong. I'm really looking forward to it.
Red bull seemed to hit their peak about 1/3 of the way through and then just died in the ass. there was a couple of weeks there where you could try and blame it on the Ferarri engine being quicker, but then a couple of races later that alonso started dominating.

Next year will be the first year in his career that Webber is truly under the pump. Vettel is truly a very god driver. However, Webber has outdone his teamate every year untill now. If the car is good enough he's capable of anything.
dunnas
dunnas

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:30 pm

Lewis Hamilton a jerk? I think not

Top Gear video interview. He looks pretty damn humble for an F1 driver to me. Remember he was only 22 in this interview and looks quite decent and humble. This smear about him being a jerk is just sour grapes spewed by IDIOTS!

Hamilton even complemented Alonso as being a great driver.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:07 pm

i'm happy with the way the season turned out. i love ferrari, but i'm not disappointed to see hamilton win.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:28 am

Les_Vipers_rule wrote:Lewis Hamilton a jerk? I think not

Top Gear video interview. He looks pretty damn humble for an F1 driver to me. Remember he was only 22 in this interview and looks quite decent and humble. This smear about him being a jerk is just sour grapes spewed by IDIOTS!

Nobody here claimed Hamilton was a jerk. He's obviously one of the nicer guys in the field. By posting this way you're actually drawing people into a debate that was not likely to be otherwise started.

Alonso's the jerk. But he's still my favourite driver out there, by virtue of being bloody quick and a Spaniard.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Les_Vipers_rule Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:14 am

Swerve wrote:

Nobody here claimed Hamilton was a jerk. He's obviously one of the nicer guys in the field. By posting this way you're actually drawing people into a debate that was not likely to be otherwise started.

Alonso's the jerk. But he's still my favourite driver out there, by virtue of being bloody quick and a Spaniard.

Um no I'm not, sour grapes types have tried to make a stupid point (not just here, cough cough Penz for one Very Happy but in other F1 talking places ) that Hamilton is not liked and is a jerk. I made sure we saw that he is quite humble for now a World Champion F1 driver.
Les_Vipers_rule
Les_Vipers_rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Swerve Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:53 am

It wasn't mentioned here and all AFers have watched that episode of Top Gear. You sometimes forget that this site is full of left-leaning tv nuts.

Swerve

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:45 pm

you know who's a real, fat jerk?

THE STIG

fuck that dude :smelly:
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:18 pm

Aristotle wrote:you know who's a real, fat jerk?

THE STIG

fuck that dude :smelly:

Did you see the Stig's truck-driving cousin in the new episode? :roflmao:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:11 pm

haha no. i didn't even realize there was a new season going on right now.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:31 pm

Yeah, this past weekend was the first episode of the new season.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aristotle Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:34 pm

ffffffffuck

more shit that i'm going to have to download.
Aristotle
Aristotle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:48 pm

I've met him. He was dating a friend of mine. As a person there's nothing i could complain about.

He's not well liked on the grid because he's rather arrogant, and because he sometimes goes for stupid and dangerous moves. He's not well liked in the press because his Dad is fucking annoying and makes him out to be some sort of Messiah

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennzoil GT-R Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:50 pm

Clarkson is already in trouble and he's only one episode into the new season. The bit about prostitutes in the truck driving segment refers to a truck driver who went on a killing spree of prostitutes recently in the UK. There's been a few complaints :roflmao:

Pennzoil GT-R

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next