Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout 3

+12
Omni
dunnas
big_jesus
Aristotle
Honor
TheWoerus
xtine
Dodge
Talon
VS
JaysonAych
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fallout 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: Fallout 3

Post by SBF Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:20 am

JaysonAych wrote:
honor man wrote:speaking of DLC, when the fuck are they releasing it for gta4? jesus.

Feb-roo-ary

I don't mean to sound like a moron, but what is a DLC?
SBF
SBF
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:20 pm

downloadable content
big_jesus
big_jesus
You have a long way to go before achieving total failure, but you're on the right path

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:13 pm

ahh, now I just wish it would be free :smelly:
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:51 pm

i won. finally. week and a half ago or so.
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:40 pm

What'd you think of Liberty Prime? :roflmao: :roflmao: BA-DOOM....BA-DOOM...BA-DOOM!
JaysonAych
JaysonAych
Administrator of Rue and/or Woe

https://aflite.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:30 pm

God, I am almost done with the game, only something like 136 hours in. I had to admit that I kinda disliked how the game depends on you exploring everywhere and everything for its length. You can do the main quest and beat/finish the game in a few hours, honestly.
Storm
Storm
Drinking a refreshing glass of my tears

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:39 pm

JaysonAych wrote:Yeah, I really wanted to like having Dogmeat around. But he's too difficult to babysit.

Exactly my problem. He kept dying and I kept reloading, but got to a point where I was like "Screw it, you're staying dead, dude."

Now I have Fawkes. Gatling laser wut?
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:53 pm

Storm wrote:God, I am almost done with the game, only something like 136 hours in. I had to admit that I kinda disliked how the game depends on you exploring everywhere and everything for its length. You can do the main quest and beat/finish the game in a few hours, honestly.

Yeah, that was a bit of a flaw, but they kept the game engaging enough to make you want to do a lot of the side quests. But they should have made the story part of the game a bit more substantial.

One complaint I have is that most of the quests start in the southern half of the map. You'll explore all kinds of shit in that part of the Wasteland and get a quest here and there, and some of those quests will have you get something from up north...but if you've tapped out the southern part and are just dicking around in the northern half of the map, there's almost nothing to do except clean out abandoned buildings of your own volition that have nothing to do with anything.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:29 am

JaysonAych wrote:
Storm wrote:God, I am almost done with the game, only something like 136 hours in. I had to admit that I kinda disliked how the game depends on you exploring everywhere and everything for its length. You can do the main quest and beat/finish the game in a few hours, honestly.

Yeah, that was a bit of a flaw, but they kept the game engaging enough to make you want to do a lot of the side quests. But they should have made the story part of the game a bit more substantial.

One complaint I have is that most of the quests start in the southern half of the map. You'll explore all kinds of shit in that part of the Wasteland and get a quest here and there, and some of those quests will have you get something from up north...but if you've tapped out the southern part and are just dicking around in the northern half of the map, there's almost nothing to do except clean out abandoned buildings of your own volition that have nothing to do with anything.

Truth. Another thing that bothered me was the requirement of using the subway system to get to most places in downtown DC. Also, I don't like Bethesda's bullshit difficulty scaling. I want level 20 with several maxed out stats to FEEL like something. I want to walk into a fight with several super mutants with a Small Guns of 100, pull out the good old Lincoln Repeater and do 'em all in the face before they can get a single shot in. I do not enjoy having to waste time with fights that should be easy at this point.

And I will also say that while yes, the game's world as a whole is amazing, and totally blows me away, I have four more major locations to explore before I just go finish the game, and I'm actually kinda not burning to do it. Wow, more corridors with more wall lockers, bent metal shelves, metal boxes, the same style of desk, wall-safe, and desk computer. One company outfitted the entire city, how amazing is that?
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:53 am

Storm wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:

Truth. Another thing that bothered me was the requirement of using the subway system to get to most places in downtown DC. Also, I don't like Bethesda's bullshit difficulty scaling. I want level 20 with several maxed out stats to FEEL like something. I want to walk into a fight with several super mutants with a Small Guns of 100, pull out the good old Lincoln Repeater and do 'em all in the face before they can get a single shot in. I do not enjoy having to waste time with fights that should be easy at this point.

I understand the idea of making parts of the city inaccessible through normal means, but they overdid it with the metro tunnels. They all look pretty much the same and all have ghouls in them. They needed to do more with adjoining skywalks, rooftops, or some puzzles to get from one section of the city to another, rather than largely depending on the same old tunnels.
I think they should have put the cap on at level 25 or 30, or increased the number of XPs to get to the next level. I hit level 20 with over half the game left to play, and soon thereafter, I ended up with more money and ammo than God. Again, the story was engaging enough to draw you in to explore this and that and get into the backstory, but it felt kind of hollow without much of a payoff related to the meat of the game.

And I will also say that while yes, the game's world as a whole is amazing, and totally blows me away, I have four more major locations to explore before I just go finish the game, and I'm actually kinda not burning to do it. Wow, more corridors with more wall lockers, bent metal shelves, metal boxes, the same style of desk, wall-safe, and desk computer. One company outfitted the entire city, how amazing is that?

Yeah, I'm about ready to start up a 2nd game, even though there's probably still a dozen or so non-important buildings I haven't cleaned out.
The game is so massive in scope and scale that I don't think they fully realized just how big it is and much they copied the set pieces here and there. I still think it's fantastic, but the sequel will have to be even more varied and substantial.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:02 am

What the hell are all you guys talking about? Is this some sort of board game??
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:48 am

Yes it's like Risk, except its a video game and it's nothing like Risk.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:56 am

SBF wrote:Yes it's like Risk, except its a video game and it's nothing like Risk.

Risk has too much color and excitement for me. Scrabble. Now there's a game.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:00 am

thewalrus wrote:
SBF wrote:Yes it's like Risk, except its a video game and it's nothing like Risk.

You giggle whenever you play naughty words, don't you?
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:10 am

xtine wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

I don't play naughty words. I'd sooner lose points. :jay:
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:15 am

You're one of those assholes that makes words up to get triple word scores.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:17 am

SBF wrote:You're one of those assholes that makes words up to get triple word scores.

Nah, I'm the asshole who adds "s" to every word I can.
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:18 am

thewalrus wrote:
xtine wrote:
thewalrus wrote:

I don't play naughty words. I'd sooner lose points. :jay:

Hey, "poontang" is a perfectly acceptable word. ^_^
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:05 pm

thewalrus wrote:
SBF wrote:You're one of those assholes that makes words up to get triple word scores.

Nah, I'm the asshole who adds "s" to every word I can.

Well I'm now not inviting you to play my new Scrabble Anniversary Edition -_-
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLightedPath Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:29 pm

Spoiler:
TheLightedPath
TheLightedPath
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.
Guess I'm still Ray Bolger.

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:37 pm

JaysonAych wrote:What'd you think of Liberty Prime? :roflmao: :roflmao: BA-DOOM....BA-DOOM...BA-DOOM!
a new definition to the term "nuclear football"
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by big_jesus Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:38 pm

JaysonAych wrote:

really? i was all over the map. the quests for that stupid bitch at the store in megaton has you going up north pretty early for Minefield and such... and then it's natural to explore...
big_jesus
big_jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:10 pm

big_jesus wrote:
JaysonAych wrote:

really? i was all over the map. the quests for that stupid bitch at the store in megaton has you going up north pretty early for Minefield and such... and then it's natural to explore...

Yeah, but those quests start in the southern half of the map. You still have to return to the southern half to collect rewards and such, so when you're up north working on a quest, exploration off to the side is kind of at a minimum. There aren't very many quests that start out up north while you're exploring on your own.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by VS Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:17 pm

Recently the best part about this game to me is just wandering around. I don't look at the map, I just try and find shit in the wasteland....

Using this technique I accidentally found my dad, something the quest guides provided no help in doing.
VS
VS
Woe woe bo-boe, Banana fana fo foe, Fee fi mo-moe. Woe!

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:17 am

I lolled a bit at this. "But wait..." :roflmao:

JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:50 pm

its rough going from fable 2 (easy as pie) to this game. it's actually kinda hard.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:32 pm

honor man wrote:its rough going from fable 2 (easy as pie) to this game. it's actually kinda hard.

Yeah, I haven't started fallout yet. I know I'm probably not too far from the end of fable so I'm trying to make sure I complete most of the side quests before I move on.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:43 pm

its good, much more rpg-like than fable or bioshock or something. it's like a 1st person shooter mixed with a traditional rpg. and the whole nuclear wasteland/mad max setting is pretty awesome.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:44 pm

and i agree that the dog is a pain in the ass. he always gets stuck on things and i get sick of hearing him panting all the time. and why cant i rename him? i liked the dog in fable 2 much more. :curses:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by SBF Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:20 am

JaysonAych wrote:I lolled a bit at this. "But wait..." :roflmao:

Haha, that's awesome.
SBF
SBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:56 am

the slow-mo headshots/heads exploding in this game are awesomely gruesome. im exploring vault 106 and just having a blast walking around blowing the heads off of the insane survivors with my combat shotgun. very satisfying.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:36 am

dude i just made the shiskebab. it fuckin pwns
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:46 am

honor man wrote:dude i just made the shiskebab. it fuckin pwns

Just a tip from me to you...keep it sheathed when near a gas leak.
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:48 am

yeah i already used it next to a bus and blew myself into about 10 pieces :roflmao:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by thewalrus Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:52 am

That a pretty violent video game. :jay:
thewalrus
thewalrus

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:02 am

Happy birthday!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by JaysonAych Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:09 am

JaysonAych
JaysonAych

Back to top Go down

Post by xtine Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:08 am

JaysonAych wrote:

:speedowethimself: :speedowethimself:
xtine
xtine

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:51 pm

goddamnit dogmeat is a pain in the ass. he just runs off and does whatever he feels like and gets himself killed. you should be able to shout orders to him instead of having to be right next to him to give them.

other than that though he's useful as a tank most of the time.
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Honor Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:19 am

something that kinda annoys me about fallout is the stupid pip boy light. its not very bright at all. this is a very dark game, and dark games need bright flashlights. i guess i could turn my tv brightness up, but i shouldnt have to. :curses:
Honor
Honor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next